This winter has been crazy! I don't remember a snowfall like this in years. In the yesteryears of my life, we used to have sky-high snowbanks, green summers, and the freedom to water our lawns whenever we pleased. Nowadays, our winters have been pretty sparse, sling-shotting Utah into years of drought. However, this year has been reminiscent of the days of my youth with snowstorms every other day, fresh powder at all the ski resorts, and snow up to my knees! Hopefully this will help our water situation and hopefully it will bring our beloved Overton Marina back (Lake Mead 2007). I will leave you with a little clip from firsttracksonline.com:
Salt Lake City, UT - It's a storm cycle that won't seem to quit. With the current ski and snowboard season barely hitting its stride, some Utah ski resorts have already eclipsed the 400-inch mark in season snowfall to date.
|
The January snowfall at Alta tied an all-time record of 179 inches originally set in 1996. Most of the snow has come in December and January. At this time Alta has 139% of average snowfall with the second half of the season still to come. Current mid-mountain settled snow depth at Alta is 140 inches.
At neighboring Snowbird Ski & Summer Resort, two consecutive months of over 130 inches of snowfall have created an epic season and recent storms have pushed the season-to-date snowfall total at the Little Cottonwood Canyon resort to 340 inches.

19 comments:
Holy snow is right! We woke up this morning to about 8 new inches! We got at least 8 yesterday too! I can't believe it! You probably have more up there! Good luck, and be careful driving!
Have some snow with your winter! I'm getting ready for all of this to be over already. I'm sure you guys have more then us, and our church got cancelled today because of all the snow so make sure you drive safe and bundle up cause who knows then this is going to be over!
Just for clarification, we in Logan have received LESS snow than down south, such as Ogden or Layton. So Sammy and Marcie, don't feel too bad for us, it's been a lot worse for you guys (and it's been pretty terrible up here, so I can only imagine...) Marcie, I've never had church canceled before, you are seriously lucky.
Crystal I wont let Bennett read your post because he wants to come up this next week so bad! After hearing about how much snow you guys got he can hardly stand it! So I dont know we might be seeing ya!
There is too much snow. I hate snow. I hate winter. I think we have actually gotten quite a bit up here...just more in the mountain areas. My house doesn't have THAT much. But my parents sure does.
I'm ready for it to be over. Cancelled church is fabulous ;)
You're killing me.
So my mom's church was cancelled in Bluffdale too...my mom said they were snowed in---inside their house! When they opened the front door they couldnt' go out because of a huge snow drift on the front door step! ha ha They had to shovel a way out!
We have ZERO snow...i'm a little sad i'm missing it! It too reminds me of the good ol days. I am glad i don't have to drive in it though. That will be great for the huge drought! Go do a SNOWANGEL for me! miss ya!
If you think Utah is bad - you should come to Spokane! They are horrible at the whole snow removal thing. Our street seriously has 6 inches of ice on it and I am not even kidding. They cancel school and close up shop for like 2 new inches because nobody can get anywhere - ridiculous! I mean seriously people - lets get a handle on this! And yes I would love to decorate your baby's room Crystal!
Of course it decides to snow when we are out of state. I am with Marcie- I am ready for this Winter to be over. I have no use for snow in a place with no mountains!
That really is so much snow. I was glad to see it, and it also took me back to my childhood when we used to sled down the snowbanks in the neighborhoods. A time when you really did have to wear your snow gear outside. Ahh the good ol' days.
It was so much fun to finally meet you, sorry about the stalker moments, hey I stole a little picture of you and Taylor I hope that you don't mind, but if you do let me know and I will change it.
James and I talked about how beautiful you are, he agrees and I think that you should start sending some pointers my way. You and Taylor are a lot of fun and we would love to go on another "date" with you sometime. Maybe in D.C. just kidding.
OK--enough winter!! I too cannot open my back door because there is so much snow up against it--it is as high as our picnic table!! What the heck!!!! I'm pretty sure nobody better breath the word drought--and hey, our church wasn't canceled (course we can walk a 1/2 block and be there . . . ) Crystal, I want to see a post of some beautiful white sand beach somewhere. . .
SO SICK OF SNOW!!!
That is so beautiful, snow here is just. . . yuck. I know it can seem like a pain in the driving behind, but be careful and enjoy the winter white view!
First off, I have to say I loved your bathroom face lift. You did well. Second, snow. Enough said, is spring here yet? Geez.
So I'm also sad to report that I might not make it to UDA. I can't find a sitter... any takers?
You have bike shoes? I'm not that professional yet. :)
I still need to get a road bike, do you have one? I'm new to this whole thing and don't know what's good. Clips scare me a little bit (although I'm not going any where during spin), I think I'll feel trapped.
I'm working on the sitter. I'm trying to make it there on Friday. I need to call you already!
Wow, crazy. Hope your enjoying the skiing! We are jealous. But when we actually have spring weather in April we'll be happy. Bundle up!
Ugh...I HATE snow...
Crystal! I'm so happy you found me :) Amen to the holy snow! I'm so sick of it. I actually just got back from Las Vegas. I went down to get away from the snow, and boy did I! It was 70 degrees. Heaven!
CRYSTAL! I'm so out of blogging! My heck, you have so many great posts. I love every single one. I LOVE your new bathroom accessories. It is so fun to get new stuff. Your snow pictures were great. We also got a ton of snow. But with this sunshine...I am really getting spring fever! I can't wait for all of this snow to melt.
It was SO GREAT to talk to you the other night. It seems like we talk all the time because when we do talk every 6 months...we just pick right back up. Funny! It will be so fun to go to convention with ya on Thursday. Make sure your purse is full of food. ;)
Post a Comment