Monday, January 28, 2008
Elbow Room
So I know this is not the most exciting thing to anyone else, but it definitely has been the most exciting thing for me this past week. For Christmas I got a gift card to Bed, Bath and Beyond, so I decided to use it on a bathroom face-lift. I'm sure all you girls can relate to how fun it is picking out new decorations especially when it's on someone else's dime. Although Taylor opted out of my little shopping spree he did contribute quite a bit of man-power to this endeavor. Please take note of the hexagonal shelves. At first glance, you would think those would be fairly simple to put up, but upon further inspection you would find out that the slots in the back of the shelves for the screws were drilled out by one-eyed Willy. They were all skeewampus and at funny angles so Taylor had to be a real drill master to get them hanging straight. I think he was cursing me all night long for making him hang them up, but look how great they turned out! It sure is nice to have such a handyman around. (FYI- he only hung them up because I gave him an option: Do the dishes, or hang up the shelves... Just so you know, the dishes are his mortal enemies)
The best part about this make-over is the curved shower curtain rod. It bows out so that we have a little more elbow room....

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
16 comments:
Crystal It looks super cute! You always have cute things! On a side note Bennett and I were looking back on your blog from around this time last year (Feb) and we got a good laugh out of your post on Taylors pig tails! hahah You guys always make us laugh!
It looks so good! so cute, i love it. I'll bet those little shelves were hard, but they look great!
I think that it looks fantastic. You know they never give you enough room in the showers. I think that a twig looking man must have invented them. I love the candle holders that you have on the back of the toilet. And what a great clock.
You can tell Taylor that the shelves look great, we had some shelves like that and they were super tricky to hang up as well. Why do they do that?
Great job on the renovations. If you want you can come stay with us and re-do ours.
Hooray for curved shower curtain rods. I'd have to say they are one of the best inventions of all time! Why didn't anyone think of that sooner?? And, your decorations look great! Wanna come decorate my house when it's ready? :)
So cute! I love the colors! It is so fun to decorate... you feel so refreshed don't you?
Crystal it looks great and I was glad to see your blog I hope you don't mind me posting something. I think it is great to see everyone's blog and see all of the cute pictures. I really liked the shelves!
My favorite part is the atomic clock, so that you can always know how late plucking your eyebrows is actually making you...
mmmm, i love the colors!! How's the shower? I always thought those looked cool! Room for 2?!
Way to go on being the handyman Tay, the shelves look great!! You should come to Ohio and help me decorate...our bathroom and bedroom are in need of some serious help!! They're white...that's it!
What fun it is to redo a bathroom--and it looks great. Way to go Taylor--I know when Ron helps hang things (which he has to because anything that has to do with a hammer and nail just doesn't work for me) words hang out in space that we don't really want to remember or hear repeated (ha, ha just kidding--right Frost kids??!!!!) Anyway, I know you had fun Crystal and I can hardly wait to see it.
I don't know why my comment never showed up. I like the looks of the new bathroom. Curved shower curtains...I can't say I ever been in a shower with one but I'd like to give it a go because you make it sound wonderful. I just imagine water getting all over the floor. The thing on the back of your toilet is the same thing I got my mom for her birthday. So clearly, I love it. And the shelves do look wonderful. Daren would have thrown a fit and I would have been the one to end up putting them up AND did the dishes. So good job Taylor!
It looks great! You have such a knack for decorating. Great job.
I love the new look!! of the blog AND the bathroom!! You have such great taste I can't wait to see what you do when you have an entire house at your disposal. Funny that he hates dishes so much, but that makes for a GREAT barganing tool!
I would love it! :) I already added you to mine!
Nice room de la bath! I dig, I dig. It's really geometric and modern! Haha sorry, I been staring at art and analysing it way too much these days...
Love the room makeover. Isn't it so fun to get new stuff? You did a great job, wish you could do mine! Taylor is such a little handyman.
Hello Lady Loo! I love that you blog about bathroom makeovers. That is what makes you so great, you enjoy everything in life, from new bathroom shelves to diamond rings. I laughed hard about Taylor's ultimatum. I think that most people, man or woman, would have chosen the shelves. There aren't many people that I know who relish dishwashing.
I want you to know that Guitar Hero is a big part of my family's life. It is crazy. We are in California right now and my son dragged his Wii all this way so that he and Amanda could play Guitar Hero daily. I think these guys are going to get carpal tunnel from playing so much. Take care.
Post a Comment