Sunday, August 19, 2007

Lake Mead 2007

Here it is, the annual Lake Mead vacation! This is the trip that the whole family looks forward to every year. We stay in a condo in St. George and alternate days at the lake with days of hiking, shopping, eating, swimming, miniature golf, laser tag and card games.

Every summer since I was like 2 we've been boating out of the Overton Marina at Lake Mead. However, when we got there this year, this is what we found....



We were all shocked to see that our favorite beaches and water skiing spots were all but dried up. We actually tried to put the boat in, but it was just too shallow to even get it deep enough in the water, so we packed back in the truck and drove another 15 miles down the road to Echo Marina. It wasn't quite like our beloved Overton, but it ended up being just as fun.




This is me skiing. Taylor was so uninterested in taking pictures that I could only force myself into a select few this trip, but don't worry I took about 400 action shots of him which you will all be privleged to see...

Taylor got out and helped my little nephew Logan with his skis. Logan is 9 years old and probably the best little double skier you will ever see! He was going in and out of the wake the second time he got up and he got to the point where he was getting some sweet air coming back over the wake. By the end of the trip Logan was trying his hand at single skiing and he actually almost got up. If he had one more day he totally could have gotten it.

Tay Baby catching some air on the wakeboard (this was probably my favorite action shot, but as mentioned before I have quite a few, especially of this run.)

Here we are, all smiles as we prepare ourselves for our favorite buffet at the Virgin River Casino. As Logan would say "it was the cherry on the top of our trip"

On Tuesday Taylor, me, Dad, Jared, Dan and Logan went to Zion and hiked up Angel's Landing. This was my second time on this hike and it was definitely a little more freaky than I remembered it, however, it didn't scare Taylor at all...


...As you can see in this picture.

Don't judge Taylor's sweaty smiley face in this picture. He ended up being the pack mule for everyone (especially me) because he was the only one with a back pack.

That night we went to play laser tag; while we were waiting the boys were trying to break each other's record on the punching bag. My dad was the record holder until Jared came along... I think I'd rather have Jared defend me than Taylor....just kidding hun!




A little icecream at the Blue Bunny store.


On Wednesday we went to Quail Creek which is just outside of St. George.

It's pretty small so when the wind comes up or there's any other boat on the lake the water gets really crappy. This of course is when we bust out the tube.

No St. George trip would be complete without a little miniature golfing (Taylor totally smoked everyone)

Thursday we went to Las Vegas which consisted of In-n-Out, shopping, and...

The Cheesecake Factory, where Taylor got the biggest burger I have ever seen. This picture does not do it justice.

On Friday it was back to Lake Mead where we finished up the week.

Dan and Taylor were trying to catch the wild burrows, but they got caught in the poo- mud.

We missed Colby and Mike's families, but we still had a ton of fun. Thanks Dad!

13 comments:

cheeks said...

look what a skier babe you are!! I'm jealous of all the sun i'm sure you got last week. it's rained really hard 2 times in the past 4 days since we've been here. the sun doesn't shine too often...it's been really cloudy most of the time. Hopefully you are doing great! Nobody will EVER replace you and melissa! I miss you two already! XOXO

Erin said...

A peed is another name for a little baby or a little kid. It's just a name LeRand and his friends made up when they were younger. They;d say things like, "Aw, look at that peed," and if it was running around they called it a "Feenin' peed." Just one of those funny language things that you do between friends and family, so now we have our own little peed. And I can't wait 'til you and Taylor have your own little peed, by then Shiloh might have the ability to feen. :) Love ya'!

Susan said...

Wow, what a fun vacation--we loved every minute with you guys!! We never get tired of doing the same things--it's just too fun to give any of it up!! So glad you took pictures up on top of Angels Landing since I will never see that view--and I'm not too sad about that!! (I'll live it through those shots) Thanks for all the fun times, we love you two.

Susan said...

Crystal I really loved your sweet pictures of our trip, especially the one of Taylor hanging off Angels Landing! I'm glad you enjoyed it, I think we all had a lot of fun!
Love, Dad
PS Your welcome

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous! Can i be part of your family?? Don't you have any single brothers...cousins....Ha ha!

Lonna said...

You sure do have a really fun family. I am so glad that the hot weather has not gotten in your way of Summer. I think that sounds like the perfect trip, there was a little bit of everything in there. I am glad that you were so devoted to taking pictures so that everyone could enjoy and and wish that they were doing the same thing. I also wanted to say kudos to you for hiking Angels Landing. Nice Work.

Mike and Kim said...

I was about ready to cry when I saw those Overton pictures. We're swimming to the grocery store here in Austin, and poor Overton had to shut down due to a lack of rainfall. I hope the town doesn't go bankrupt.

I wish we were there for all the fun and adventure. I'm pretty sure I would have won the punching tournament.

Taylor, I always get stuck with the only backpack too. Good job.

Mike and Kim said...

p.s. I love the last picture of the five jackasses.

shauni said...

It looks like you guys had a fun trip! You are very daring to go up Angel's Landing, what a woman! I wish we could have made it, maybe next year (or in six years, we'll see). For now we will have to go on the vacation vicariously through your pics!

Colby said...

It looks like you guys had a great time and I wish that I could have been there. If memory serves, I believe that I was the first to suggest laser tag back in the day. About CiCi's, it is not the worlds best pizza place but here is why we go:
1. it's cheap
2. very clean
3. close to our house
4. unique pizza choices like spicy buffalo chicken pizza or macaroni and cheese pizza(for the kids)
5. there is a tv that is usually playing episodes of sponge bob for the kids which is a very important distractor if you are to enjoy a night out with the kids.
6. did I mention that it is cheap?

Frost Family said...

Crystal, great post it was an awesome trip. I still have to say "bravo" to Taylor for eating that burger, the picture just dose'nt do it justice...I think it was at least a couple of pounds of meat!!! You did forget one small detail...I WON THE PUNCHING CONTEST...Remember i hit it the first time and got the high score (I also got the high hit % score on laser tag) so I was the best ha ha!!

cheeks said...

1. i love that your dad and mom blog...one day i'll get max on the internet!
2.the comment about the jackasses was hilarious! I laughed out loud! I'm sure your bros get along like mine do!
3.maybe ohio isn't too far off...we ate at a Cici's pizza here last night! Cheap is definitely the way to describe it...pizza is not the best, but the brownies...heck yeah, those were good!
4. nice action shots! You look so cute in all those pics!
5. i thought we were gonna line Kolby up w/ your sis?!?!

Mary Ann said...

How fun!!! I hiked Angels Landing last year and have not made it down this year. It is a good one. I really like it. Anyway you look amazing as always! I hope I can be like you one day! Vegas is always fun! Your adventure makes me want to go to the cheescake factory! Your Lake Mead 2007 was a hit! So no one I know went to the class reunion. I dont know who showed up. You planning on going to UDHA?