Friday, June 08, 2012

Cobbler, S'mores and Bears, Oh My!

What better way to ring in the summer
than with some cobbler,
a campfire and s'mores,

and.... dead bears?  
(taylor's dad got a bear tag this year 
and had spent many an hour trying to get his prize. 
Everyone was pretty stoked when
the Great White Bear Hunter returned with this not-so-little beauty)

We had fun celebrating the beginning of summer,
but we also took some time 
to remember those who have passed on,
and those who fought for our freedom and our country.
 (Sidenote: 
Holy baby bump!  
Seriously!?!?)



And true to form,
Hazel was sick with a totally random fever,
just like 
EVERY. 
OTHER. 
HOLIDAY


11 comments:

leah jane said...

Oh poor little hazel! Also, is it weird that that bear skin makes me a little sad? Cause it totally does! What a fun long weekend!!

Erik said...

Hazel is just too cute! and seriously so big! poor thing being sick again, poor girl, she never gets to really enjoy the holidays! that cobbler looks AMAZING, and smores?! I've been dying for some, but we have a major fire ban because there have been lots of fires around these parts :( guess i'll have to save that for utah next month! and craigs bear is so awesome!

Erik said...

oops. that Erik comment is from sammy :)

Erica said...

I'm currently trying to go with no sugar today and that cobbler picture was no help! I'm a sucker for cobbler you know. Oh geez, that looked divine.

I would love a bear skin rug. I do believe that's the only time I'd be thrilled to say Daren had a tag.

I'm totally calling you next time we attempt the splash pad(I was secretly hoping for some reason you'd be there) Hudson plays well with others so he'd totally love playing with Ms. Hazel.

Mary Ann said...

Poor Hazel! That is no fun! The cobbler looks so good. I am Jones-en for some!

You look so wonderful! I love your baby bump.

Your summer is destined to be great!

Steven and Megan said...

Mmmm I love cobbler and s'mores! Looks like your summer is off to a fun start!

cheeks said...

crystal, you are rockin that bump girl!! getting soooo close!!! ahhh!

And dammit, taylor, if you made that marionberry cobbler and didn't invite us for some you are in big, big trouble mister!! i've been craving it since we devoured it together last fall!

poor hazel girl. what is with her, fevers, and holidays? Not. cool.

KCraig said...

I love the bump. By the way is that Jesus standing behind you? HA!...I couldn't resist. Sorry Taylor.

shauni said...

Your cobbler looks delicious and the campfire looks like so much fun! I think you look great! I don't think you look very big, seriously, I'm much bigger than you! (especially considering that you are two weeks ahead of me). I can't wait to meet this new baby girl.

Melissa Rees said...

I love your bump! Its like you're all skinny and then there's this bump, like right there.

Becca said...

Crystal- u are almost there- so jealous and so excited to see baby 2- do u guys have. Name yet? Forgot to ask u last week.