This year
my Mom's birthday was the day after Father's Day.
So, just like last year,
I decided to have them come up to our house
for a combined celebration.
We spent the morning at the Farmer's Market,
which Hazel got herself real fancy for
(she walked out the door
telling me that now that she had
her phone, her dolls, her sunglasses and her purse
she was ready to go).
After the Farmer's Market,
and lunch at The Italian Place
for the best steak sandwich
you've ever wrapped your lips around,
you've ever wrapped your lips around,
we sat on our porch chatting
while I pimped out Taylor's culinary skills
(the menu consisted of all of his special recipes.
So although it was a Father's Day celebration,
and I should have been pampering him,
and I should have been pampering him,
I couldn't possibly have made any of them as well as he does...
except for the mac n cheese you see cooking in the microwave.
That I whipped up all by myself.)
We enjoyed Taylor's insanely good carnitas,
with a cold Jarritos
(it has to be Pina flavored,
except for Taylor,
who has to have Sangria,
which is disgusting),
while sitting on the porch,
in the shade of our umbrella,
enjoying our new (slightly dead) grass.
Like last year,
we ended the day with a visit to Logan's annual Summerfest,
where we may or may not have topped off our dinner with some ribbon fries smothered in nacho cheese...
We also bought a night stand for our bedroom
and Hazel danced the night away to Ryan Shupe and the Rubberband.
Last, but certainly not least,
we headed home
to the warm embrace
of Taylor's Lemon Poundcake with Blueberry Sauce.
we headed home
to the warm embrace
of Taylor's Lemon Poundcake with Blueberry Sauce.
To Taylor:
The father of my child(ren).
You are my everything.
I wouldn't want anyone else to be my girls' daddy.
I love you more than anything.
To my Dad:
Happy Father's Day!
To the man who has always put his family first,
and (still) treats me like a princess.
To my Father-in-law:
who would give you the shirt off of his back
and do anything for anyone.
We missed seeing you yesterday,
but we'll celebrate
as soon as you stay in the state
for more than two seconds.
To my Father-in-law:
who would give you the shirt off of his back
and do anything for anyone.
We missed seeing you yesterday,
but we'll celebrate
as soon as you stay in the state
for more than two seconds.
To my Mom:
Happy Birthday!
I'm sorry I didn't give you a new grandbaby today...
But a day of laughing and fun is a good substitute right????
P.S.
To anyone who is interested in how my pregnancy is progressing:
it's not.
(ok, ok, I'm just being dramatic.
A week and a half to go,
Dilated to a 1,
40% effaced,
no contractions,
still feeling great,
my doctor leaves to Costa Rica tomorrow and won't be home until my due date...)
5 comments:
What a fabulous Fathers Day/Birthday we had!!! Couldn't have asked for a better day. The food was to die for--I LOVE Taylor's cooking--I'm already longing for more carnitas!! Best of all was just hanging with my cute Oberg family!!! And it's ok if baby girl (when are we going to have a name???) didn't debut today--I know she will come whenever the heck she wants to and I'm pretty sure that is SOON!!! Thanks for everything--it was perfect. Love you guys
MMMmm, Taylor's food sounds delicious. I am cracking up at the picture of Taylor and Hazel in the bearded hat, so cute. I also love your new patio furniture. Sorry about the lack of progression in your pregnancy... hang in there, that baby girl will be here before you know it!
2 posts about summerfest? I'd say you're becoming a Loganite!!! HA! Ribbon fries are the way to go! I had a little dabble in them myself.
I was going to wish you the best in keeping your baby in there until McCulloch gets back....but I think you're quite a good incubator, you've got that covered. Remember, I will walk with you(only after your due date though...)
What I would give to get to taste some of Taylor's food at some point in my life.
Hang in there! Baby will be here before you know it! And pics of the new digs would be great...
happy birthday to your mom, she's such a great lady! and happy fathers day to all the dads, looks like a great celebration. I loved going to that festival every year, i have to say i am missing logan this time of year, although if i still lived there i'm not sure i'd be making it out of the house any more than i am here so far (with the baby and all) can't wait until you go to the dr again, hopefully there is some progress or better yet hopefully you won't make it that far! good luck, can't wait to get that call! hazel cracks me up, love that outfit and everything she had to take with you
Post a Comment