Friday, February 17, 2012

Valentine's Bonanza

For someone who doesn't like Valentine's Day,
(I blame my cynicism on my husband.  I used to be a die-hard romantic)
I went all out this year.

After watching Parks and Rec a couple of weeks ago, 
Leslie Knope got a couple of us girls thinking;
why not make Galentine's Day in to a real thing?

And so,
 the day before Valentine's was spent with the girls.
A fabulous spa night:
home made face masks,
manicures,
incredible food,
laughing,
discussing feelings,
and so much estrogen it would have blown any guy right out of the room.






And as if that wasn't enough,
Valentine's Day was spent 
making paper hearts, 
hanging up love notes, 
and whipping up special Valentine's Day food.  
But, it was all worth it when Hazel saw her Scooby Doo fruit snack valentine and said:
"Oh thank you mama!  I've been dreaming about those"




(Sorry to Taylor and Hazel. 
Apparently I was more interested in taking pictures of the decorations than I was of you,
hence the picture above;
the only one I have of you.)

Oh well,
nothing says 'true love' more than bed head and pajamas.
Happy Valentine's Day!

8 comments:

Erica said...

I hate Valentines day! Im such a romantic no one will ever be able to exceed my ridiculous expectations. I think next year Im going to have a girls day. That looked fantastic!

cheeks said...

hahaha! i LOVE the bedhead! so funny! and GALENTINES?!?! Sounds amazing! can i be invited next year please?! so fun to hang the last couple days with you! forgot how much we laugh when we're together! it's nice to be back in utah :)

Grandma and Grandpa Mac said...

Wow, you can cater our next party. Looks luscious.

Sammy said...

how fun is that?! that is so fun you have such good gal friends to do that with, looks like it was a great time. That food looks great and i LOVE the picture of Hazel and Taylor! too funny, so sad we didn't get to work something out this weekend, but I totally understand and I don't want people to feel like they have to drop everything for us, i think Erik will be coming in for Ashden's baptism and hopefully Violet and I can see you before we leave! We'll be here until the 26th so let me know if you are down again!

Mary Ann said...

What a cute Valentines day food and decorations! Can I copy you? I want to be like you!

It was sooo good to see you this week! I am so glad I was able to get together with everyone! I am so glad I wasnt the only one who has had patient pull their hands out of their mouths--I thought I was the only heavy handed tyrant ha ha ha-I know you are not, but I felt like that.

hoLLY said...

How fun i love your little spa night , that is awesome!! us women need to pamper ourselves more often!everything looked so cute, I may have to copy you!!

April said...

Oh I'm so jealous that you really created Galentine's Day! What a great idea! I also don't really do Valentines Day, except the candy part...I will always half-heartedly do a holiday where candy is an overarching theme :)

Mike and Kim said...

I love your GALENTINES night! The decorations were awesome, they deserved to be highly photographed, and by the way your other morning Valentines were really cute too. One photo really captured the love.