Wednesday, February 08, 2012

And the verdict is in...


Crystal (to Taylor):  I'm fairly certain we're having a boy.  I just feel like this is going to be a boy.  I mean, it's not like I have some spiritual confirmation or anything, but I just can't seem to get it out of my head that this baby is a boy.  I know there's a 50% chance it's not, but if we go in today and they tell me it's a girl, I will be SHOCKED!


4 hours later...


Radiologist:  So do you guys have any feelings on what you're having?
Crystal:  Oh we both think it's probably a boy. 
Radiologist:  Ok, well, it's a girl.  
Crystal:  (silence) How sure about that are you?
Radiologist:  I can't tell you for 100%, but I don't see any boy parts in there at all....


hahahah!
Despite my motherly "premonitions", 
we're actually having a GIRL!  
We are so excited, especially Hazel.
She has been convinced since we told her about the baby in mom's stomach, that it was a girl.  
She wouldn't even slightly entertain the notion that it might be a boy.   
In fact, when we told her it could be a boy and asked her what we should name him, 
she immediately said "Poo"...

I wanted to take my 20 week profile picture with Hazel holding my sign, 
but as is the norm around these parts lately, 
Hazel is sick, 
with a cough and a fever, 
and was in bed before I even had a chance to think about taking pictures of myself.    

But this was her reaction earlier today
at the news of a baby sister.
(with lots of ibuprofen in her system, of course).
 
 

13 comments:

April said...

Congratulations Crystal! Hazel will be a wonderful big sister. Your post rang true with me too. I was also convinced we would be having a boy because I have been sick this go around and wasn't at all with Elle. I told everyone I was sure it was a boy. I was also very wrong. You look great at 20 weeks. I hope you're feeling better too. Yay for girls!

Susan said...

Yeahhoo!!!!! Another baby girl Oberg....we are so excited. From now on, we should all listen to Hazel's inspiration. I can hardly wait for this new little cutie in our family. And Crystal--you look adorable--that baby bump is soooo cute....and Hazelnut...her faces are so funny!!! So, so happy for you threel

Erica said...

Oh man... me and Chels have been anxious all day for the verdict! I think I always thought you'd have a girl again. At least you'll have everything you need right?!? Im so happy for you!

Alisha said...

Congratulations! I love having two little girls running around, it is the best.

shauni said...

Yeah! Another girl will be so much fun. I'm so excited for Hazel to have a little sister. You look darling; and you are so on the ball for taking pictures of your pregnant profile.... I have yet to take a single picture of me this pregnancy. In fact, when I was looking through our Christmas pics I wasn't in one of them. Poor little fourth child! I'm sure this little girl will be adorable.

Melissa Rees said...

Congrats! They will be best buddies!! Hopefully...

Sammy said...

YAY! oh i am so excited, Girls are the best, and having 2 will be so great! so much fun. I just knew you would be having a girl! I swear siblings have a sixth sense to know things like this, (not that Violet did) but my niece and nephews always knew what the next baby was going to be! And I'm glad that it's not a boy so Hazel wouldn't call him poop. ha ha. YAY for girls, they are going to be such good little cousins!

Jed and Kera said...

Aw Congrats Crystal! Dalton and Hazel must know things. Dalton did the same with us. I'm so excited to hear what you name her! Also you look great!

Mike and Kim said...

It's so much cheaper to have the same gender again. Not to mention you won't need to name this baby Poo. Congratulations.

Rob and Bri said...

Yay, Gotta love girls right? It's actually really nice because when they get a little older they play together all day long and become the best little buddies. I've really enjoyed having two girls and hey, we get to have three pretty soon! :) You look adorable and it makes me wish we lived closer together because I'm sure all our girls would get along great together. Especially since these next ones will be born really close. Congrats!

Steven and Megan said...

Congratulations! Hazel is going to be such a fun and helpful big sister! I am glad you won't have to name this baby "Poo" :)

Casey and Samantha said...

Awww! She's going to be such a great big sister! Congrats! I know this little girl will be super adorable just like her big sister

Mary Ann said...

Kinda glad you dont have to have a son nicknamed poo :)