Monday, February 06, 2012

Over the River and Through the Woods to Grandmother's House She Goes

Literally.
They really do live over a river
and through some woods.

Taylor's parents took Hazel a couple of weekends ago for a sleepover.
Hazel thought she'd died and gone to heaven
(and so did I).


She had a sleepover at Grandma's house without mom and dad, 
She ate Reese's Puffs to her heart's content,
Grandma bought her a pack of new socks
(Grandma may have noticed the holes in hers...  
Does that make me a bad mom?  
I have holes in almost every pair of socks I own as well... 
Isn't that normal?)
Grandma painted her fingernails,
and took her to Chick-Fil-A.
And she had a whole day of snow fun which included, but was not limited to: 
Grandma pulling Hazel all over creation in the sled, 
desperately trying to build a Snowman out of the iciest, crustiest snow known to mankind, 
deciding instead to make a "flat" snowman by sticking some buttons and a carrot into the ground,
dragging Hazel up the hill and sledding down over and over, 
and a snow picnic in the fish barn that lasted all afternoon.

See what I mean?  
Heaven.




I had to get this picture.  
Wasn't it a gorgeous day!?
Aren't the mountains picturesque? 
Isn't the snow the most brilliant white,
and the sky the most intense blue?
And isn't that the hunkiest, outdoorsiest, wood-cutting man, you've ever seen!?!?!?
Hahaha!
Thanks to Grandma, Grandpa and Karli for giving us a little something to look forward to during January, 

the worst month of the year.

7 comments:

Erica said...

I finally purchased myself some new work tights? knee highs? socks? I don't know what they are called but my dogs have chewed holes through every pair. It was time. AND YOUR SOCKS TOTALLY DID ALL HAVE HOLES IN THEM! Who remembers they need socks? Who wants to buy socks? Hudson finally got some new socks also...not because his had holes he's just outgrown them. Wow, long comment about socks. Dumb.

I'm glad Hazel had some fun mountain time. But really, this January has been a fantastic month! Best January to date for me. Wonderful dog walking weather. Hudson tasted his first Reese's Puffs last week. Not my choice and I'm upset about it. I love it but it's not for babies. Those are the memories Hazel will remember the most!

Mike and Kim said...

If I lived by grandparents, I would send my kids over for sleepovers every weekend. And for the summer. Cherish these built in babysitters -- cherish them!

P.S. Half of my socks have holes in the big toe, so I always put my left sock on first. If it has a hole, I switch it to my right foot, because I'd rather have the hole over my pinky toe than over my big toe.

Sammy said...

looks like Hazel had the time of her life, and what a great night for you guys to have by yourselves! I sure miss those mountains, it'll be good to be there the next 2 weeks to see them. hopefully we'll get to see you guys!

Steven and Megan said...

Grandmas are the greatest. I like the idea of the flat snowman and the sledding looks like so much fun. Oh and how i miss those beautiful mountains, it is so flat here.

hoLLY said...

how fun!!!grandparents are the best!!

Melissa Rees said...

Amen to that! Hate January! And lots of my socks have holes too :)

April said...

Awesome! The best part of grandma-granddaughter sleepovers is that they are equally enjoyed and anticipated by both parties (granddaughter-grandma--and mom of course). It looks like it was a blast for her.