Tuesday, January 24, 2012

2011 In Review

My dear friend created a similar post on her blog and I loved it so much that I wanted to have one of my very own.  
(It's not plagiarizing if I site my source, right Leah? Right??  
Are you ok with this?...) 

noteworthy moments of 2011:


January

  • Taylor's brother Jakob left on a 2-year mission
  • potty trained Hazel



February

  • Inaugural Frost Family Ski trip
  • A surprise 29th birthday celebration with our good friends 
  • homemade pizza and chocolate cake for Valentine's Day
  • Aunt Nanci got hitched to the man of her dreams and Hazel became a flower girl for the first time



March

  • Went to Washington DC to be a sister-wife with my SIL for 2 weeks
  • The month of birthdays; the most exciting (to me) being my two loves, Taylor (29) and Hazel (2)



April

  • Started back to work after a 2 year hiatus
  • Easter- complete with barfing episodes, an easter hunt, and our first ever Easter dinner with just the 3 of us
  • Got talked into another 1/2 marathon that just about killed me.  



May

  • A Mothers' Day gift that will never be topped: a surprise piano duet for my mom, played by my sister and myself  
  • Threw a successful citrus-themed bridal shower for my sister-in-law (if I do say so myself)
  • Again with the birthdays, but this month was mine and boy did we celebrate  



June


  • Taylor's sister threw the wedding of the year and Hazel got to be a flower girl for the second time.
  • followed up with a fast and furious Oberg trip to Moab
  • Lots of cookouts, bonfires, and s'mores  
  • Ate at The Red Iguana for the first time and realized what I've been missing all of these years.
  • Two Fathers' Day dinners at our house, one of which my dad still dreams about



July


  • Drove a 4-wheeler off a mountain
  • A fabulous week in Lake Powell, even though the boat stopped working and we had to leave early
  • Hazel's first trip to the Hogle Zoo
  • A camping trip with friends that I hope becomes an annual tradition
  • Found out I was pregnant



August


  • Impromptu lightning storm watching, in our backyard, with our friends, at 11:00 at night
  • Took Hazel to her first movie
  • Almost strangled Hazel during her first movie
  • First time at the Cache County fair; am still dreaming about the fair food
  • celebrated our 7th Anniversary
  • Taylor traveled to Amsterdam for work/school
  • Found out I wasn't pregnant anymore



September


  • Sad to see our good friends, and Hazel's best friend move away
  • Finally hiked around Tony Grove to White Pine Lake after 5 years of living here
  • A great weekend trip to our friend's cabin that Hazel still talks about




October


  • Realized we'd lost the camera battery charger-battery running dangerously low
  • Hazel's first stitches
  • Hazel's adorable kitty cat Halloween costume
  • Pampering at Chelsey's cosmetology school
  • Found out I was pregnant...again





November

  • camera battery finally dies-no more picture taking-start bumming off of everyone else's pictures
  • Girls overnighter in Park City with fabulous friends
  • Double Thanksgivings
  • Lots of pregnancy nausea/barfing/exhaustion




December

  • still no pictures
  • still lots of nausea/barfing/exhaustion
  • Saw baby #2 via 12-week ultrasound
  • baby #2 received it's first gift from Great Grandma Oberg: gender neutral bibs!



Good news for 2012; we broke down and bought a new camera battery charger!  
Get excited for all of the new pictures about to come your way.

11 comments:

cheeks said...

wow, the very first comment....

great year in review...i might just have to double steal the idea since i'm not taking any pictures to post here due to lack of ANYTHING fun happening! guess we should have taken some pics while we shopped saturday?? it was the highlight of my january!

i'm still amazed that you walked away alive from the 4-wheeler incident!

i can't wait for you to find out what that little bean is!!

Jed and Kera said...

I saw this on Leah's blog too and thought about stealing it. :O) First of all....Dalton is a month and a half younger that Hazel and he is still in diapers. I'm blaming the whole boy/girl difference. It makes me feel better! :O) I'm sorry you miscarried. What a sad thing to go through. I wish we were at that awesome July camp out. I'm just gonig to pretend we were. ;O) I hope you are feeling better.

Erica said...

Oh lunch was just not enough time to catch up Crystal! I still have too many things to share. I love this! You seriously live the most eventful life I have ever seen. What movie did you take Hazel to? I am counting down the days to February 8th.

Sammy said...

What a great year! Some of these things seem like they were FOREVER ago and I can't believe they were just last year, and then some I feel like were just yesterday. Sweet Hazel on the potty, she looks so cute and little. here's to another great year! hopefully you guys can make it out here soon it would be so fun to have you come and stay, but I will be in Utah feb 7th-21st for Jeff's homecoming so hopefully I can see you then at least

KCraig said...

I absolutely loved this post. Enough said.

leah jane said...

Oh, of course I don't mind, not one bit!! And seriously agree that a camping trip/vacation should definitely be annual. I think that lightning storm watching will always be one of my favorite memories of living here in student housing. And I'm so sorry again for the miscarriage, my heart breaks for you. Love you Obergs and hooray for living so close yet still catching up via blogs. :)

Donene said...

Great post and what a great year you have had!

The Shaws said...

Loved this post!! What an exciting year. I'm so sorry to hear you lost a baby. I've lost two and it is horrible so I'm so sorry. The good news is we are having babies around the same time so we should get together and have play dates. Love your posts and I always look forward to them.

Melanie said...

You are so cute! I don't check my blog very often anymore with 2 kids! But I am very happy for you! Congratulations on #2!!

leah jane said...

Such a fun year, and we are so glad to have had you guys so close by for it. :) and I loved learning settlers with you the other night, anytime you are up for a rematch we are so in! I'm also relieved that I am not the only one feeling The winter blues, and I am seriously game anytime you want to get steamed milk and be sad together!

hoLLY said...

whata super cute post!!
I didnt know you miscarried!??Im so sorry! glad all is well tho!!xoxo