Monday, May 09, 2011

"Orange" you glad we threw a shower?

The time has come... Karli's wedding is almost here!
which means that it's bridal shower time.

I was so excited to finally repay all of the great showers that Taylor's sister has thrown for all of us sister-in-laws:
which can be seen here, here (end of post) and here (end of post).

Sammy and I put together a Citrus themed shower
and as you will notice, 
it was all things citrus:
citrus colors,
citrus decorations,
citrus gifts,
citrus flavors,
citrus drinks,
citrus labels,
citrus games,
and citrus party favors







the menu was one of my favorite parts:
Citrus meatballs with an avocado-citrus dipping sauce,
Mandarin orange salad with candy coated almonds,
Orange rolls with orange cream cheese glaze,
lemon bars,
key lime pie tarts,
and orange cookies













12 comments:

Lonna said...

Now that looks like a good time. I love the theme and what a menu!! Did you make the scrub that you used as favors, because I think that you have gone above and beyond with that one.

I love a party especially one with a great theme. I just finished doing a wedding reception and I have to say things look lots better and like more fun when you are not planning or right in the middle of and event.

I wish that I knew someone getting married so that I could use some of your amazing ideas. I might just have to put a twist on it for a baby shower because there are a lot of those happening out here (don't drink the water if you happen to be visiting)

I love the fun parties that you do. Too bad we don't live closer together. I think that between you and Kim and myself we could plan some pretty great parties.

Sammy said...

you got some great pictures! Thanks again for getting this all planned it turned out so darling and amazing! I think Karli really loved it. the food was amazing, I am so glad I took that salad dressing recipe, I've been craving it ever since! Mmmm

Melissa Rees said...

Wow you went all out for that! Your sis-in-law is very lucky! I think your next post should be all those recipes...

cheeks said...

mmmm...i agree with melissa and the recipe idea! the menu sounds delish!! what a fun shower! i love all the decor too!! good job....and i LOVE your shirt! you look amazing as always!

Donene said...

Looks fantastic! It definitely was a cute themed party! Congratulations to Karli, she is so lucky to have you both as sister in laws.

Steven and Megan said...

Wow! Feel free to throw me a party anytime haha ;) everything looks great!

leah jane said...

Look at you go! Cute cute cute! And that menu looked amazingly delicious! Yum. And I am amazed that you formulated a lemon body scrub all on your own. I want to try it! You'll have to let me in on how you made it. Sounds divine.

Becka and Bennett said...

Crystal It looks so cute. You are so creative. The FOOD looked AMAZING. Wish I could have been there. Looks like Karli got some good stuff.

Erica said...

You can definitely throw a party for me any time you'd like. You are for sure following in your mother's footsteps on the party planning. I love this! I'm starving and now that food just made it worse.

Mike and Kim said...

Thanks a lot, I'm allergic to oranges. I got several new cankers just reading this post.

Mary Ann said...

Orange you the best shower thrower ?!?!?!?!? I am continually impressed with your creativity and taste! You are completely jealous! What a party! WOW

April said...

Wow! The shower looks just beautiful! And it sounds like it was a lot of fun. Hazel and her little cousin are just too cute for words.