Tuesday, June 15, 2010

May 29 - June 13

I'm starting to stock-pile pictures and fun things we've done, so I'm just going to post them all in one giant post so I can move on.  

Ok, here goes:

A couple of weeks ago, we took advantage of the fact that our sister-in-law was in town, and threw Sammy a baby shower while Bennett and Becka were here visiting from Maryland.  

We threw a 'bird' themed shower, complete with feathers (good thing our men are hunters and like to keep all of their feathers), birdhouses and a really great tree made by the very talented Karli.  

I thought the shower turned out great (hopefully Sammy did too) and we can't wait for baby Violet to make her grand debut as the 4th oberg grandchild.
 
 
 
Oh and by the way, please note this amazing dresser that you see.  Lynette (mother-in-law) re-finished it for Violet's nursery.  
The crackle paint that she put on it the first time didn't turn out how she wanted, so she re-painted it and then HAND PAINTED on all of the crackle lines...
She's amazing!




Last week my mom threw a delicious little luncheon for the Frost girls...
...and Henry

and while Kim and the kids were still in town we took them up to see "Uncle Taylor's farm". 
We headed up to the Oberg home and had quite the adventure.
 We fed the cows and the horses,
we explored the barn,

and went down to the fish pond...
...where Hazel and I decided to take a little swim.
Yeah... she fell in.  
She wormed her way out of my arms and despite the hawk-eyes that I kept on her, she managed to fall in a hidden "hole" around the edge and sunk right to the bottom.   

Maybe she'll remember this the next time she throws a fit about not being able to run around by the pond... but, probably not.

Goodbye to Hazel's cutest headband.  As you can see in the above picture, Taylor tried to retrieve it, but it looks like it's found a new home in Davy Jones' locker.


And lastly, we've had some pretty crappy weather.  Lots of wind, gray skies, and rain.
 So we had to get creative with how to keep ourselves entertained.

Mom's idea:
Finger painting
Hazel's idea:
playing with mom's "things" 
(Hazel loves wearing necklaces... 
I'm guessing that was the thinking behind this)
(P.S. Are you liking the shoe/sock combo?  Hazel's newest obsession is wearing those particular "shus" from the moment she wakes up until she goes to bed) 

oh geez.

22 comments:

Sian said...

looks like fun, and the pond incident sounds scary for everyone involved! it must be a girl thing 'cos Lainey likes to wear my 'things' around her neck too. hazel is so cute and I can't believe how bigs she's getting.

Erica said...

I can't stop laughing over the soaked lil babe picture. As usual, I look at the pictures then what it was about and I couldn't quite figure out why she was all wet. She looks SO sad. The most sad I've ever seen her. Next time I expect it'll say Frost Girls....And Henry...And Erica k? Can you teach Hazel to say my name? I can't believe she's talking about shus already. We HAVE to do lunch so I can see both of you!

The Sayamas said...

Your mom is so cute that she throws a luncheon for you girls, what a cute and fun excuse to get together. The picture with Hazel wearing your bra is hilarious, it looks like she was just trying to put it on. I love the way little kids think!

Mike and Kim said...

Dammit, you keep posting pictures of our family before we get around to it. We've been too busy watching Starbuck, Commander Adama and crew. I think there's still going to be an East Coast Frost version of the farm visit...

I love Hazel's face post-nearly drowning.

leah jane said...

fun times! oh, and i don't know who henry is, but my goodness he is adorable!!! he truly looks like a little mini jcrew or american eagle model!! and i love hazels "necklace." :)

Carolee said...

I also love the post-drowning pouty face!! It is a crack-up. Get used to seeing it more and more the older she gets and the naughtier (i.e. just curious and independent). See you guys soon.

Melissa Rees said...

Oh that picture is priceless even though she's sad and wet! Deacon loved the farm and tractors too!

April said...

Your sister in law looks barely pregnant. What a darling baby shower. Poor Hazel and the pond. I'm just glad you saw her fall in so you could quickly retrieve her. She's getting some nice blonde hair too. Love the fingerpainting. I'm surprised she wasn't trying to eat the paint. Then again, I'm living with a 10 month old right now who is still very much into eating everything in sight.

Jed and Kera said...

Crystal I know I keep telling you this, but I doubt it ever gets old....you look AMAZING! I am 100% jealous! I gotta get in gear.

Oh poor little Hazel falling in. So sad! Her hair is getting so long! :O) I love the picture of her with the shovel.

I l-o-v-e Hazel's new dresser! So pretty!
Oh and thanks for the last comment on my blog. :O) It's nice to know people think he is in good hands! :O)

Chelsea said...

Oh my gosh, Hazel is too cute! I love that picture of you holding her poor little drenched self. Haha, I have a feeling I'll have a similar experience with my little one. And I know what you mean about having to be cooped up inside all day--it's a good thing you're creative!:)

Mary Ann said...

so many adventures. so many possible disasters! I am glad Hazel was saved ha ha ha And I love her shus!!!!

Donene said...

I am really loving the necklace picture, or maybe she was trying to see if it would fit! That was scary that she fell in, her face looks like she was pretty scared!

Erin said...

Hahaha!! I love the look on your face holding soggy Hazel. I think I look at the boys like that about 13 times a day after they've done something I told them not to do because such-and-such would happen and they did anyway and such-and-such happened, and I have zero sympathy because they chose not to listen,and now I have to try to fix whatever it was and listen to them scream in my ear while I do. So fun.

I wish I could've seen it in real life, I can only imagine the little dip she took, ha! A bit scary but funny in the end. Glad she's alright, can't wait to see the little stinker!

Lithie said...

i love it! hazel's face in the pic right after she fell in the pond is so cute ad priceless. i dont know what it is about baby pouty faces and when they are crying that looks so cute and funny to me. i am so bad i know.
she is getting so big, i cant get over how time flies so fast.

man that sucks about losing her cute headband, i hate when that happens. miss u guys, hug hug kees kees for baby Hayz!

cheeks said...

and the independence BEGINS.....shus, swimming, necklaces.....all these pics of her make me laugh! Even the sad-face soaking wet one! although, i'm sure you were totally freaked out rescuing her!

sammy's shower was great! i love the theme...and her dresser is awesome! we miss you guys!

hoLLY said...

how fun you guys are having!
that shower was adorable! im so in love with that distressed dresser!
Ha hazel racks me up! always having a good time! crazy little toddlers!

Lonna said...

Do you ever take a breather? I love all the fun things that you do, and how handy to have your "own" farm to visit whenever you want.

Poor little Hazel, Gwen has also played that game more than a few times, I thought that the hacking and gasping for breath would have made her think twice the next time, but no not really. So good luck with that one.

I like that your mom does things just for the girls...and Henry who could leave him out. What an exciting way to kick off the summer. I think that the accessories that Hazel chooses are so funny, just wait until she can dress herself completely.

paige and jord said...

oh my gosh i'm laughing so hard... sorry, at hazels expense. i've seen too many of the "fell in" incidents, and when everything is okay, its just plain funny. gotta love it.
love the little bird shower. so cute!

Melissa said...

What a great shower! Violet is such a cute name! The ‘bird’ theme was great – and I LOVED the HAND PAINTED dresser.

Your mom is so cute to throw a luncheon for the girls. Henry is so cute! That is so fun to take the kids to Uncle Taylor’s Farm…we need to take a field trip over there! Poor Hazel and her dive into the pond! Were you freaking out?! Too bad it probably won’t stop her from doing it again.

You’ve sure gotten creative with this crappy weather. That finger painting looks like a fun mess. How did you clean that up!? And not get it on you!?
Hazel’s ‘necklace’ is funny. Isn’t ‘shus’ the cutest little word! At least she likes to wear cute neutral ones… Love all the pictures…

Ostler said...

Oh Crystal. What a great post. I think you should post every single day. Because then I would feel like I saw you! That's the best. Anyway, seriously, I have such mixed emotions- I laughed, but then I felt horrible. Like I should cry. But then I laughed again, then I wanted to cry again. That's a lot of feeling...But, she is darling, and even cute soaking wet. What a little cutie.
Will you look at her for me, get huge eyes, and then say really fast "HI BABY HAZEL!!!" thanks. I appreciate it. Love ya!!!

Maria said...

How do you always manage to look so impossible gorgeous!? I seriously wish I had your hair.

Becca said...

I can't believe Hazel fell in- I bet the adrenaline was pumping! You look AMAZING! Soooooo skinny and trim! How was RAGNAR? I need details