What are the best birthdays made of?
Sugar,
and spice,
and weather so nice,
that's what the best birthdays are made of.
What are the best birthdays made of?
Presents,
and nails,
and dumpster-diving tales,
that's what best birthdays are made of!
dumpster-diving tale:
whenever Taylor asks what I want for any holiday, I say:
"a really sincere card".
This year, not only was the front of the card totally funny
(see picture above),
but he also wrote some real sweet things on the inside.
I immediately knew I would treasure that card forever....
until I accidentally threw it away.
I told Taylor how I couldn't find my treasured card
and that I had a sinking suspicion I had thrown it away.
The next thing I knew,
he was heading out the door with his head-lamp on,
at 10:00 at night,
to retrieve it for me...
the "best husband ever" award had already been dubbed earlier that day due to a hung curtain rod
(another post entirely),
but I think dumpster-diving was truly what sealed the deal,
don't you?
A special thanks
to everyone:
who wished me a happy birthday.
I know some people don't really care about their birthdays,
but I DO!
So, it really means a lot to me
when someone takes time out of their busy lives
to wish me a happy day.
when someone takes time out of their busy lives
to wish me a happy day.
to my parents:
for spoiling me all day.
Shopping, manis, pedis, lunch, and babysitting Hazel.
and to Taylor:
for making my most favorite dinner (carnitas!),
buying my favorite icecream,
making a delicious cake,
(finally) hanging my curtain rod,
cleaning the kitchen,
taking out the trash,
the sweet card,
and for jumping in a dumpster to find that sweet card.
17 comments:
Looks like it was the perfect birthday! glad you got spoiled by all. My fav things, food, mani-pedi's and treats! love it!! and love your cute black & whote shirt.
Ps, next year you should come to me at my work for your Mani/pedi!!
so fun, your lucky to have a great family!!xoxo
GAAAAHHHH!! Worst friend award!! I reminded myself last week but this week has been a hectic one. Happy Belated Birthday!!! I know how important birthdays are to you and I blew it. Can my family and husband get the memo that I want that on my birthday? And the sincere card seriously almost brought me to tears, I can only imagine how I'd be if we had gotten a sneak at what it said. I'm so jealous of everything...but most of all the sincere card!
Happy birthday! What a great way to celebrate. Hopefully we will see you guys soon.
What a great guy that Taylor is! Well I missed your birthday. SO.... HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! :O) I'm glad you were spoiled like you deserve! :O)
Yay!!! So glad you had a happy birthday. Birthdays are the greatest day of the year--- and don't forget that we ONLY get one a year!!! :) I am dying over that card. I know for a fact that's what you always want... so cute that he did it! And even cuter...double cute... that he dumpster dived for it. That is a ruggedly manly thing to do, Taylor. Very good. Anyway, Happy Birthday again!!! YAHOOOOO!!!
Oh birthdays are wonderful aren't they? I am so glad you were spoiled on yours. And I find it incredibly hilarious that taylor went diving for you. And his card is totally hilarious! I love it! And you have another (belated) birthday surprise coming your way... stay tuned!
Happy Birthday!!!! You're a wonder young lady, a great wife and Mom and you keep a close eye on Brother Mike. We're glad you enjoyed your special day. Party on!
what a great day! I think the dumpster diving for that sweet card definitely was the icing on the cake. What a great husband! I think I need to join you in watching HP on blue ray. We watched it on dvd and i'm sure it just does not give it justice! What a great birthday, looks like you had so much fun, and all that food just looks delicious! I think you need one more day to celebrate and we can go to lunch :)
1. i love that your grandma said "party on"
2. i was picturing YOU diving in a dumpster at 6 am for your keys before the VA carpool...until i read on. haha!
3. i soooo knew your mom would take you for a pedi! i really want in on this tradition next year :)
4. i want to lick your cupcakes...nuff said (that could totally be taken the wrong way)!
5. taylor really is a hero! i can picture the headlamp...i'm assuming he found the card?! i wonder what your neighbors were thinking?!?!
6. i was thinking of you last night while at the temple...had a minor head/veil mishap....made me laugh thinking of the other time it happened was when i was w/ you! remember? joseph?!
7. GLAD YOU HAD A FABULOUS BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!
You're only 27? Gag. I've seriously forgotten how old I am. It's in the early 30's, but I really can't remember. See what you have to look forward to???
Happy Birthday! I am so glad it was a good one for you! You are too great for words. And completely beautiful.
Happy Birthday Crystal! It looks like it was simply smashing too. I couldn't help but smile when you described your dumpster diving tale. What a wonderful husband you have, and what a great family too. I'm glad it was one of the best.
You are so damn clever.
I'm glad Taylor met the bare minimum qualifications of being a good husband. He's come a long way.
I love you Big Mama.
HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY! Only Taylor would have a head lamp- ha ha! That card is TOTALLY worth jumping in the dumpster! We need to come visit again or go get a treat some time!
Oh, Happy Birthday sweet Crystal! I love your post and you so deserve all that you got on your birthday!! Taylor way to go for the card, it was adorable, I wouldn't want to lose it as well.
What a nice birthday!! Makes me laugh about the sweet card Taylor got you and the mess afterwards. Happy Birthday :)
Happy Birthday Crystal!!!! I am sorry I didn't wish it to you on the real day! Cherish these last years in your 20's....I am no longer there and it's weird!
I am so glad you got to celebrate with all your favorites. And Taylor is the man-not only for the dumpster dive, but for that amazing card! So cute!
We need to get together...I will call you soon and talk about birth stuff and just life! I miss you like crazy!
Post a Comment