Monday, April 04, 2011

Of Course We Had a Party!

And now that I finally have a moment to sit down and post, I can put up all of the pictures from our party!  

Of course it was a combined party for my two favorite birthday people.

 
Of course we wanted to invite all sorts of family, so we opted to have it at Taylor's parent's house.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Of course I put Taylor in charge of the meat (despite the fact that it was HIS birthday party),

and I, of course, tried to take on the rest. 
(minus the delicious baked beans and pasta salad)
 
(not pictured:  smoked pork sandwiches, baked beans, pasta salad, fruit with dip, chips, drinks, cupcakes, and twix cake...HEAVEN!)

Of course I wanted party decorations, 
and of course I forgot that I already own a lifetime supply of candles and crepe paper, so ended up buying even more. 
(Next year, please remind me of this fact)
 
 

Of course Hazel specifically requested balloons,
and of course trying to fit 20 balloons into my little car resulted in quite a few casualties and possible loss of hearing in my right ear; 

 but, anything for the birthday girl... of course.

A big, GIANT, thank you to everyone who came to our party.  
I can't even begin to tell our family how much I appreciate all of your love and support, 
and OF COURSE, all of the great presents
  

  


And an even bigger thank you to Lynette for letting us party at your house 
AND for taking me and Hazel out for a pre-party, party.
Coin-operated rides, soft play, train rides, 
and of course
lunch at Hazel's favorite spot, 
Chik-Fil-A.
 
 
 
 


18 comments:

Sammy said...

DARLING! oh my gosh she cracks me up, i LOVE her playing the harmonica, in her owl hat with her glasses on, in all of the soft play and coin operated toys and train! Oh my gosh, the pictures are too cute. What a great party and day for sweet Hazel girl. That was so fun, delicious and the decor was so cute! I will do my best to remind you about all the candles and crepe paper next time! ha ha

Melissa Rees said...

LOL! Deacon just had the biggest meltdown over that train! Gotta love that mall. Double birthday parties rock! We go all out and have a triple one in September :)

Mary Ann said...

What a fun party! I love how festive you make it! That is what a good woman does. I have never decorated like that lol. I am lacking in that skill. Happy day to all!!!!!

Becka and Bennett said...

So glad Sweet little Hazel had a good birthday as well as our favorite uncy Tay. Cute pics, Hazel is just too cute.

Donene said...

Such cute pictures and video's! How fun, and Happy Birthday Miss Hazel and of course to Taylor too. I loved Taylor's face as he watched Hazel with the harmonica.

KCraig said...

Hazel is just beyond adorable. I love her singing the ABCs. She is so smart. She reminds me a lot of Jillian at that age. Too cute.

Erica said...

Of course! You know how I am about birthday sharing, not that they share but they are close enough they kind of do, this post actually made me excited that my lil man and his dad could share birthday parties(please don't let me go until that close to the 27th) I love the Oberg family. Once I'm not sneaking onto the computer and will be able to listen to those videos I'll jump at the chance! Now, if only the birthday girl wasn't so scared of dental offices....But I'm always up for some ChikFilA! Let's make that happen sometime k?

Ostler said...

Oh you cute Obergs... Seriously, I miss you guys so much! Do you think that when we come up next we could do another Birthday party?! I can't miss every single one of Hazel's! (or Taylor's ha ha ha!)We HAVE to do another one. Plus, this summer, Penn and I are doing at LEAST 3 girls trips. Swimming and playing galore!!!

April said...

Of course it was the perfect party too! You went all out Crystal! It sounds oh so fabulous. Little Hazel must have been in HEAVEN! And I bet Taylor was too, despite his oh so happy expression :)

Mike and Kim said...

Of Course, Hazel Jane had a rockin party, with great food, fabulous decorations, and fun invitees. She really is the cutest little 2 year old out there . I love the picture with her by the cupcakes, so cute. What a fantastic double party.

Hazel might not have it in her genes to be in the Mormon Tabernacle Choir after hearing the Oberg/Frost Happy Birthday rendition, but maybe more the likes of Blues Traveler. Sweet skills on the harmonica, girlie.

And Happy birthday to you Taylor Bear, buying the tricycle with a handle is going to be your best present ever.

cheeks said...

wow....that looks like quite the bash! i'm thinking of our hygiene days again when i see those cupcakes! lol! hazel is such a cute little 2 year old! i can't wait to get the girls together this summer....i have a feeling they will talk eachother's ears off! so, chick-fila is totally emri's favorite spot to eat too! and i can't turn down a milkshake from there so it's at least a once a week trip for us! haha! you look gorgeous as always...i love that pic of you and squish-face hazel!

hoLLY said...

oh my heck!! what a fun party & an adorable little girl! Hazel kills me with her smartness (she must get it from her parents)!! Trae wasn't even taling when he turned to and he was still calling MP mama! ha
the party looked great!

hoLLY said...

i mean talking at two! ha

leah jane said...

what fun! And crystal, we are so down with going to the town meeting AND la nonne! It's a date!!

Can you even believe that newsletter? It had us giggling at how ridiculous it was to see her list complaint after complaint with such a wide variety of reasons for each on why absolutely nothing can be done to solve for any of them. Oi!

Maria said...

Your family has the most epic parties! So cute and fun :)

Alison said...

LAdy you are honestly the best! I have the up in my shop now! Send me a convo! And I'll get you ALL SET UP!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/thelittletiny?ref=pr_shop

BreAnna said...

Ok I feel like I need to correct you so you don't think I just lead you astray. I only ran a half marathon when I was pregnant. It made me feel guilty to leave you thinking I was that hardcore :o) I'm actually a pretty laid back runner. Don't poop out, if you did 9.5 you only one more long run. You can do it!

Lonna said...

One birthday party is fun but combining and having it for two looks like it is way more fun. What a great idea and how nice of the birthday boy to cook something too.

I can't believe that Hazel is two!! What a fun girl she is, and I must add that she may have a future in playing the harmonica in a band...or maybe solo for that matter.

Looks like a great party and a fun way to get together with family too. Hooray for birthdays and all the exciting things that come along with them...like balloons and cake and knit hats.