Saturday, March 26, 2011

You're Two!

Our Hazelnut is two!  
It's almost scary how fast the time is screaming by.
It's bittersweet when she tells me that she's "growing up", because I know in the blink of an eye she'll be grown and gone,

and we won't find her tiny socks stuck to our clean clothes
and she won't give us "snuggles to help us feel better"
and maybe she'll stop telling me every day that  I'm her "best friend"
and she won't wake up in the morning telling me about the Giant she dreamed of the night before
and we won't hear her singing to her "buddies" every night when she's supposed to be sleeping
and we won't go in to her bedroom after naps to find her covered in books that she's been "reading"
and she won't be my constant little shadow.

But for now, she's no more than two, and she's the brightest little spot in our lives.

We love you baby girl!
Happy, Happy Birthday!
Love, 
Your Mamma
 

 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 

16 comments:

Melissa Rees said...

I know! Isn't it crazy how fast it goes! Time to have another one :)

Erica said...

You can do an entire post of Hazel pictures all you want, I wouldn't mind. That was really sweet. Made me cry. I can't believe that was 2 years ago. Well, yes I can in some ways but in others she was just born!

April said...

Happy Birthday to Miss Hazel! I would agree with you, time is going by scary fast. It was such a sweet post Crystal. I loved it.

cheeks said...

Happy Birthday Hazelnut!! You are such a cutie pie! We miss you...can't wait to play this summer! Have a great birthday!!

KCraig said...

Happy Birthday Hazel!

Sammy said...

so sweet. WOW two years old, I remember the day she was born like it was yesterday. what a little cutie, those pictures are so adorable I love her hair down she looks SO grown up

shauni said...

Happy Birthday Hazel! She is so cute, I love all the pictures. Today Abbi told me, "my cousin Hazel say, Abbi-Cadabi, Abbi-Cadabi." And then she laughed and laughed. It was so fun to see you guys and get to know Hazel better.

Susan said...

Happy birthday Hazelnut!!! We love her too...she is such a bright spot in our lives and makes us smile even when she is not with us-- just thinking about the funny things she says and does. And if she is anything like you Crystal, she will be your "best friend" even when she is a momma.

Ostler said...

Seriously...I can't even handle it. HAPPY BIRTHDAY baby HAZEL!!! I can't believe how fast she's grown up! It makes me crazy because that means Penelope will grow up, too! I just remember you telling me you were pregnant...WASN'T that just...like barely?!? Oh man. Well, we just love her tons.

Steven and Megan said...

Happy Birthday Hazel!! Oh my goodness, time flies! She is so beautiful, smart, and perfect!

Mike and Kim said...

I can vouch for the next 4 years getting increasingly better. Not sure about after that, but Megan at 6 is a lot of fun. She just drew me a picture of her "new invention" -- a machine that you insert a pair of socks into, and it makes you a matching outfit that fits the season (if they're thick socks, you get a winter coat, boots, etc.) She wasn't sure what to do about summer, if you're going to be wearing sandals without socks.

Mike and Kim said...

P.S. Love that last picture.

Donene said...

Oh, those pictures are precious! Happy Birhtday Hazel!!

Monica said...

Happy Birthday Hazel! It looks like you guys have been busy!

Mary Ann said...

Crystal how sweet is Hazel? She says the cutest things! I am so thrilled you get the chance to know her! Love her!

hoLLY said...

oh my!! I can't believe she is 2!!!! you are correct!! times flies!!i love all these adorable pics of her!She sounds like such a big girl! how cute.