Taylor's little brother, Jakob, left for his mission yesterday.
After Jake got set apart, I got a little teary-eyed and Taylor asked me if it felt like it was my little brother leaving. I said yes because when we got married he was shorter than me....
(I was even wearing 3 inch heels in these pictures)
I really have watched him grow up.
It's going to be a little sad to go to the Oberg house and not get the play-by-play on the most recent sporting event, or have a zombie-killing-partner for Taylor.
And I know that this little nugget is really going to miss her Uncy Jake,
but we're so excited for him and know he's going to be a really great missionary.
Best of luck Elder!
11 comments:
No I feel the exact same way! Well, not really cause Daren's brothers aren't leaving on a mission by any means but that they're mine. I think Reece will always be the 15 year old boy when we first started dating in my head. Missions are hard. Be glad ya didn't work with me when Kels left, good golly the tears. And little kids that they miss growing up. But it's for a good thing. He'll do great, just as his family that paved the way first ;)
I can't believe he's really gone! I don't think it's really going to set in for any of us Logan-ers until we go down to Oberg's and he's really not there! Oh he's going to be amazing, wasn't his setting apart amazing? What a good kid, so exciting!
So exciting. :O) I remember when Jed and I got engaged and I was so excited to think about having two little brothers going on a mission and being able to hear their stories and see them grow in the gospel....now they are both anti and members of another church. :O(
Where is he going?
P.S. The picture of Hazel in the little dress is adorable!
It is hard to let them go! sigh. But how cute is Hazel in that last pic with her cute outfit and facial expression! So adorable. May Jake be kept safe and quickly return.
awww..cute Hazel all dressed up!I love it! she makes me so much more excited to have a little girlie!
How exciting for your brother in law! He reminds me of Kellen Stromberg(remember him?!), but also alot like Taylor...cute boy!
Ps. Love you outfit..I have the same silver skirt from downeast..however mine doesnt fit me! ha
you look adorable!
It's hard to say goodbye for two whole years. I bet he will make a great missionary! Oh Hazel looks so sweet in her dress :) And also, I love how you updated her room to a big girl room so I decided to do the same thing for my kids. You are such an inspiration!
It is hard to say goodbye, but your heart will be bursting with pride with every letter and picture he sends. It's such an amazing experience for the whole family. I still think of my brother as a missionary, even though he's married now.
It is sad to see missionaries go. It's a great thing, but still a little bittersweet. You just know when they come back they'll be so grown up. He will do a great job I'm sure!
That is really funny/interesting. This past trip to see the family I realized that my youngest brother was only thirteen when James and I were married so it wasn't until the last few year that they actually connected.
How exciting that you have been able to see him grow up and live close enough to have him be a part of Hazel's life too. I am sure that he will be a good missionary.
Hazel is so cute,she doesn't even look like a baby anymore, she is a little girl. Next thing you know she will be going on a mission and I will get teary eyed.
I guess now that Jake is gone, you will have to step it up on your Zombie gaming skills.
We figured out the other day that Chelsey was about Megan's age when Kim and I first started dating. For her, Kim has been around and a part of the family for most of her life. Weird.
Chile is a tough mistress. Good luck to Jake.
Post a Comment