Taylor and I had a great New Year's Eve together.
Both of our parents were away on vacation, so we packed up our stuff, headed to the empty Oberg home and partied it up with just the 3 of us.
Don't tell me that home-made dumplings, a roaring fire and Guitar Hero World Tour won't rock your socks off, because it definitely does.
Take a look:
And nothing rings in the new year better than hanging out on the stairs, with Lily dog, in your jammies, with a killer case of bedhead.
This little muffin was begging me to take her picture, and with those smiles aplenty, I had to oblige.
and just because I think Hazel is the funniest kid you'll ever meet, here's a little new year treat.
Untitled from crystal oberg on Vimeo.
Untitled from crystal oberg on Vimeo.
This is a monumental year for me, because... are you ready?? For the first time ever, my New Year's Resolution does not include exercising and losing weight, because for the first time ever, I actually kept my New Year's Resolution last year and am exercising on a regular basis, and although I would love to lose 10 more pounds, if I actually didn't lose one more ounce I would still be totally happy.
It's so liberating to feel like I can work on all the many other aspects of my life that need working on, such as:
- Read the news. Seriously guys, I have NO IDEA what is going on in this world. I don't watch the news (unless E News counts), and we don't get the newspaper, so I literally have no clue about current events.
- Spend one hour or less on the computer per day. I'm almost positive I could become an expert at anything if I spent as much time working on it as I do sitting in front of the computer. Which leads me in to my next resolution,
- Get a hobby. Really. Anything productive. Anything at all.
- Always be reading a book. I love reading and have spent too many days/months without a book. Think of all the things I could learn if I just kept myself constantly reading, which also leads me to my next resolution,
- read the bible. We were in sunday school and the teacher asked what our favorite New Testament story was and why.... ummm... hello, do I even know a New Testament story!? I mean, of course I know a few, but not enough to have any deep-seeded feelings. I have GOT to read the Bible, get a map, and a timeline and get on better terms with this book that I claim to have a testimony about.
Hhmmm... hopefully I haven't overwhelmed myself. Wish me luck.
(p.s. I think I already exceeded my time limit on the computer today... dangit!)
14 comments:
you should get roll over minutes for computer time if you don't use them all in one day! ha! i've totally thought about that resolution for myself :)
What a great new year....i love family shin-digs with "just us!" hazel is hilarious! and her bedhead rocks! do you wonder sometimes when they wake up looking like that if they even got a restful sleep?!
learn to sew....there are so many fun projects you can do, then when i come back we can take it up together....a sewing/playdate! sounds perfect! and way to go on keeping your new years res from last year. you really look stunning! at this point my resolution is to GAIN weight (at least until the end of next month)....because i know i can keep that one! haha!
ga-ga-ga-ga-ga ha ha hazel is hilarious! oh i love that girl she's so darling. Sorry we couldn't come up and join in on your new years eve party! (probably would've been much more fun) I love that bedhead. Those are great resolutions, and that must be sooo great not to have to have that stupid "lose weight" one anymore. ugh one year I'll get there too! Hopefully. That is a great resolution to read the bible, they asked the same question in our sunday school class a few weeks ago and I couldn't really think of one either!
Ummm hello!! ksl.com baby!! That's where I get my news. That and the fact that I have a HUGE crush on Brian Williams who anchors NBC nightly news. Have you seen him on 30 Rock? Hilarious. I am having a really hard time losing weight. Did you lose it strictly with running? Help me!! I don't know what to do!!
What great resolutions and you look great by the way. Good job! Hazel's pictures are priceless!
What great resolutionsl. And your little vid. My dad did that to me and I used to beg him to keep doing it. lol what fun! I am so glad you do it too! ha ha ha It made my night.
Crystal, don't forget I was holding down the empty oberg house fort with assistance from Chance:)
and personally the best part of new years was the 10 minute rendition of Itsy Bitsy Spider by Hazel with dancing and all very epic. Oh and I do have dreams about the dumplings epic as well.
I had to go back and rewatch the Hazel crawling out of the crib video just because you posted another one... that diaper bum is just hysterical for some reason. So just the 3 of you were at the Obergs or were the other Oberg siblings also there?
As for your resolutions I think cutting back to less than an hour on the computer is a HUGE step...baby steps, maybe cut back by an hour then slowly. For a hobby I would recommend sewing. There are TONS of online patterns for free. I'll help you in any way that I can. As for not having to lose weight, I'm in that same boat but feel like I need to be in that boat. It's bizarre with all these people talking about losing weight I'm like yeah, sure let's do it.
PS I love the news, start watching it. I can't stand the nights I miss it.
What a nice way to ring in the New year! hazel is a doll. way cute video!
Im like you I dont watch the news..it just makes me sad and scard and as for bible stories..i teach sunbeams and one time my manual said, "now share your favorite bible story" i was like what! do I even know any?so yeah there is a reason i teach primary!ha
What great new years resolutions!!
i wish i could say I dont need to lose weight unfortunatly thats my #1 goal this year! ha good for you girl! Last year I took on two new hobbies, and it hads been a ton of fun (sewing & photography) now Im no pro at either, but its just fun and nice to have things to do when your not busy!good luck!
sorry I cant spell either!:)
Could you make some New Years resolutions for me, please? I don't have time. My life has become a blur, and I no longer am allowed the luxury of thinking of ways to better myself.
Hazel sure is cute. Guitar Hero and dumplings sound great. Can't wait to hang out in a few weeks.
You are awesome! Crystal DO NOT LOSE ONE MORE OUNCE! You look Fan Freaking Tastic! You really really do- you are gorgeous!
I LOVE your New Years Goals! I too am trying to limit my computer time, always be reading and the Bible thing should be added to my list... maybe I will add that one.
Yes of course you can borrow Potty-wise, obviously I do not need it right now!
Hazel is SO dang cute!!! When she kept saying AGAIN before you had even stopped I was laughing so hard!
You made some great goals for yourself! And I love LOVE the video of Hazel :) So funny!
Happy New Years! That video of Hazel is so funny. For a moment I thought maybe you had it speeded up, but no, it's really her doing that. Funny! Good job on keep your new years resolution from last year! I don't do a very good job myself, but you're inspiring. Don't lose another 10 lbs - you look great! Really!
Looks like a fun holiday. I love that you were able to host your holiday at an empty and fully furnished home.
Hazel is getting so big, my kids were enthralled with the picture of her and the dog. It looks like she is sitting on it and so the kids were asking if they could "ride" our neighbors dog like Hazel.
I like your resolutions, and congrats on the no weight loss goal that is awesome. I also feel like maybe I should brush up on the bible as well...I better not commit to that though it may not get done.
Post a Comment