I recently realized that my blog has been neglected.
I can't decide if it's because we've been too busy,
or because nothing exciting is going on....
oxymoron right?
I know.
Which is why i can't decide what the deal is.
I feel like we've been doing lots of fun things,
but at the same time, nothing that's very noteworthy.
But, for what it's worth,
this is what we've been up to:
Hazel
playing daily with her bestie friend Abby
loving every second spent at grandparents houses
finding a new love in fry sauce
watching Yo Gabba Gabba
finally keeping her hats on longer than 4 seconds
and driving her first (coin-operated) bus
Taylor
making apple jelly and apricot syrup
working on his guns
getting ready for the hunting season
working in the lab
trying to get his car to start
writing his dissertation (right hon???)
Crystal
keeping her eye on busy little girls
cleaning
making dinners
swimming
biking
running (because she's training for this little number)
and, that's about it.
Which is why I haven't been blogging.
16 comments:
Ok I way excited for you, but I was sort of hoping this was an "I'm pregnant post" :o)
First things first...how did you finally get Hazel to keep her hats on? Is it something that she just decided to do herself? Could she maybe give Elle a little pep talk?
Second...a triatholon...really? I'm jealous of your motivation. Have you always been interested in doing a triatholon? Is this just a recent interest? Could maybe you give me a little pep talk about finding motivation to do something amazing like that?
First of all, are you insane? That is a lot of energy you are going to be putting in for a triathlon. But these days it takes a lot for me to climb stairs hahahahahahahaha oh geez. I love that Hazel loves fry sauce. I want to meet her best friend Abby. And of course Taylor is getting around to that dissertation. I'm sure it's only second to hunting season, that's the way we roll at the Gordon's.
Was that a full shirt bib??? Genius! Triathalon? Not so genius for me but hey you are more fit for running than me so---go get 'em tiger! You definately have skills!
I was totally thinking of your pie day tradition when I was making mine. LOL Food brings togetherness and learning and fun to my life also!
OMG Deacon is obsessed with Yo Gabba Gabba!! It's the only thing he'll watch on tv! The live show is coming in November to the E center, and I think we're gonna go!
you guys have been very busy! hazel is too cute, Erik was loving her watching her watch Yo Gabba Gabba the other day when he was helping Taylor with the car, oh she's so funny. Good luck with the triathalon! I wish we could come to watch/cheer you on! so exciting, you'll do great. We really need to get together during the week, i'm bored out of my mind! (but i'd still rather be home with violet then at work!)
Crystal- We just hired a girl at the salon and I swear she is your twin! She looks just like you! Both of you beautiful of course!
okay, first of all your comment on my birthday post was like the sweetest thing ever and totally made my day, i mean week! :) second of all, these delicacies you brought over are amazing! (tell taylor for us kay.) we cracked open the apple jelly first thing and i can't get over how delicious it is and how pretty the color is. and third of all good for you for training so hard!! and best of luck to you!!
I like the fact that the only thing Taylor had on his plate is Fred Flintstone's steak, with no plate or stomach wasted on side dishes.
Fry sauce is awesome-- looks like Hazel Jane is taking after Grandma Sue.
Why do we get pictures to match all of the updates except for Crystal's?
Hazel is looking and sounding so grown up. I love her black and white outfit. I also love that she has a friend named Abby. Hopefully that will help her remember her little cousin Abbi who is too far away. Your triathalon sounds like a blast! I have always wanted to do one, you'll have to let me know how it is. Good luck with all the training.
Hazel is Adorable! I love that little towel bib, did you make it? I've never seen anything like it.
So I was temping at a community clinic on Monday and the temp agency asked if I would go in for an assiting job because she didn't have anyone at all who could help. I said yes, because I'm so broke and desperate, lol. I am completely worthless as an assistant, but whatevs.
So, I was helping the doctor and he was super nice and we were chatting and he knows you and Taylor!! It was Brigham Burton. He said Taylor's dad helped him so much in micro and that he the best teacher. It was so funny. We were talking about you and Jami and how fun you two are. So it ended up being a good day even though he was probably cursing my awful assisting skills. He's dating someone from Ohio so we were complaining about long-distance dating and how crappy it is.
Small world, huh? He said to tell you hi!
oh Hazel is so cute and that last little close up of her is beautiful!!! i love her blue eyes!
Yay! for you and your training, that sounds like so much fun and what a beautiful place it will be at! Im so jealous I wish i could be doing all this with you but im just stuck doing the elliptical and body pump everyday:(
Good for you im excited for ya!
Ps. Taylor looks super scary in that pic!
That bib is genius, did you make it? Does it close in the back?
How is the dissertation coming along? I told Cory that he has nine months to finish his, isn't that mean of me? But we still have a few months before we even get to that point.
Good luck with your training!
Hazel is so dang cute and she is talking so well! I love it! Good Luck training!
Post a Comment