My second to oldest brother, Dan, left for a 6 month deployment to Afghanistan yesterday.
In true Frost fashion, we made a party out of it, complete with fajitas and Lime Rickeys.
(the half of the Frost siblings still living in Utah:
Chelsey, Dan, Crystal)
(Dan's family minus Brianna who was at Youth Conference)
Some of the highlights of the night included:
Comparing our feet.
I was told that my feet are cute while everyone else's are less than ideal... That's not really true, since all of the feet look great in this picture... except for Dan's big shovel toenails.
ha-ha
Taylor and Hazel lounging on the stairs.
Like father, like daughter, Right?!
(should I have changed this kid's diaper or what!?)
(should I have changed this kid's diaper or what!?)
Working on our "facebook poses".
(I wasn't very good at this portion of our night, seeing as I don't have a facebook page. Although my attempts were good for a few laughs)
Good luck Dan!
We'll miss your goofy face over the next 6 months.
"The eagle has flown the nest"
14 comments:
I love this post. It was so heartfelt. How sad, the Boston's are not like the Frost's we'd probably all cry. That picture of Taylor and Hazel lounging was hysterical! She's just growing up so fast!
That picture of Dan holding Hazel actually made him look like Dad.
I wish I could have been there, but at least Dan has been out here a few times recently -- we had some good meals at Ben's Chili bowl and Rabi Kabob. We also did an Iraq war movie marathon.
"The Eagle has landed."
I don't have a facebook page either....let's add the facebook "pose" as another reason why.
I would have liked to been there for the feet contest though.......I was once told I could be a hand and foot model! Boo YAH!!
What a fun party; we're sad we missed it. They won't be the same for the next six months. Dan is always the life of any party!!
Good luck to "the eagle"
That looks like a great party! I love all the fun pictures, the facebook picture is great, and its so true, you can surely find that pose on just about everyone's page, Hazel is so stinking cute i love her outfit and her cute little headband! and you do have very cute feet :) Good luck to Dan in Afganistan!
It looks like we missed another great Frost family party, although unlike Carolee, I'm glad that I wasn't there for the foot contest (for obvious reasons!) Hazel is looking so big, she has grown a ton in the last couple of months. I love the picture of her and Taylor taking it easy. I also got a good laugh out of the facebook pose. Good luck to Dan, we will be thinking of him here!
Okay, I can't even stand it. Hazel is so freaking cute, I COULD DIE! I can't wait to see her. She better be ready for huge hugs. I miss her tons! :) Plus, as always, you're looking so beautiful. When I get skinny, you and I will go shopping. And you will tell me what to buy. Then I will look fantastic every day. I can't wait... :) And also, you had me laughing out loud about Hazel's diaper... Ba ha ha. Well, we seriously can't wait to see you guys!!!
Good luck to your brother Dan! What a guy--I can't imagine what a sacrifice it is for him and his family. His party looks like it was a blast. Hazel's bow is to die for. How do you get her to keep it on? Elle is a bow-hater.
I big thank you to your brother for what he does.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE your shirt! It is so cute.
Now all you need is facebook! :O)
Hazel....holy cute girl! What has happened to our babies. They are toddlers!! (Not that you would know that about Dalton since I am a month and a half behind blogging).
I love the picture of Taylor and Hazel on the stairs! TOO CUTE!!
We miss you guys!
HAHAHA! My sisters and I were totally doing the "facebook poses" the other day! That face where you pucker your lips to the side and your eyes stare off all weird. Why does every teenaged girl do that for their profile pic? So funny. I am glad other people have the same sense of humor.
That's awesome that your brother is willing to serve our country in such a dramatic way. That would be so hard to say goodbye for so long! I love the pictureof Hazel chillin on the stairs, so cute!
Oh, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE your green lacey shirt. Where did you get it?! I want it like...now.
What a fun going away party! 6 months!! thats crazy..well good luck to him!
What cute pics of you guys together...I love your shirt! I may have to steal it!
Any reason for a party. I like that.
Thank you brave soldier, for serving your country.
Good Heavens what the devil is Marcie going to do for the next 6 months...probably the same thing that she did while he was out here for a few months a couple of years ago. I think that she should take a wild and crazy vacation to pass the time. Good luck Dan, you know that the unit that he stays with will be laughing all the time.
I think that was a great way to send him off, feet comparisons, facebook posing, and some serious Frost dinner time, Perfect. You know maybe Dan is the one that's laughing because he is one that will NOT be shoveling snow or scraping windows this winter. Did you think about that? Clever move Dan.
I don't know if you saw it or not but James did a video of Dan when he was out here, let me know if you want a copy and I will have James send it to you. It is so classic Dan you will be laughing just hearing him laugh.
Post a Comment