Taylor's Society for Industrial Microbiology Meeting took us to San Francisco last week.
We've flown to San Francisco, we've driven to San Francisco, so to mix things up, this time we decided to take the train to San Francisco.
Amtrak folks.
It was really awesome,
except for when our 11:30 pm train was delayed until 1:00 am
and then our Sleeper Car wasn't ready for us to sleep in until 2:00 am.
other than that, you just can't beat train travel.
Like waking up to breakfast in the Dining Car,
or these incredible views,
all while viewing them from these reclined positions.
After that, things just kept getting better.
When we got to our hotel, we came up the escalator and were greeted by this lobby
and these views from our windows.
HELLO! Thank you Society for Industrial Microbiology and Utah State for paying for it.
Taylor was busy with classes, so I spent a lot of time shopping, sight seeing, walking and taking pictures of myself
When I did get to hang out with Taylor, we entertained ourselves with incredible meals,
an Oakland A's baseball game,
and checking out the city.
But the highlight of the trip, by far, was Taylor presenting his research...
and later accepting his first place award at the Awards Banquet.
It was a fabulous trip and was made even better by Taylor's hard work and the fact that sickey Hazel was at home being taken good care of by Grandma Oberg. (thanks again!)
21 comments:
Alright, so I'm going to admit it, I just got teary eyed seeing professor genius Taylor in his smart garb. I realize I barely even know the guy but I feel like I've been through that research with him. A train!? You two kill me. How did you come up with this solution to traveling? How long did it take to get there? I'm jealous. I just ate too much lunch otherwise all those food pictures would have made me drool.
oh i'm so jealous! i've never been to San Fran and always wanted to, how fun you guys were able to travel by train to get there! so exciting, looks like a great trip, I didn't know Taylor took first place! Wow! way to go, of course no one told me! (erik) but its good that I found out on the blog, so impressive! that hotel looks fabulous, the food looks divine and the shopping i'm sure what so great along with the sight seeing. what a great week!
I'm so glad you guys did end up copying our train trip!!
it's the best right!? I laughed out loud 'cause all your pics look like they could have been taken by us 6 months ago. Perhaps you were even in our very same sleeper car.
The views were spectacular huh?
and big congrats to taylor.
Congratulations, Taylor. I'm sure that prize money will all go to good use.
Crystal, we're convinced -- train traveling is a good way to go. You get to sleep in a real bed and eat, someone else is worried about steering, and I'm sure there is no strip search before you get on, or any need to try and squeeze all your toiletries into 3 oz bottles.
San Francisco looks like fun. I'm glad to hear you didn't break your camera this time.
congrats taylor! you are freakin awesome!! he just looks totally professional even....especially that pic of you two all gussied up at dinner!
what a cool trip! i'm laughing at me and melissa's comment when you said you were going to san fran on a train and we both thought you meant you were going to ride the cable car in san fran! ha ha ha!!! that train looks like such a cool experience! without the time delay hiccups it wouldn't have been as memorable, right?! glad you decided to tag along...i think i would love wandering around a big city on my own!
You married a super genius! You are a lucky woman! I am so glad that you had fun and adventure! YOu guys deserve it that is for sure!
Congrats Taylor! San Fran is such a beautiful city. I've always wanted to go by train. Great pics.
WOW Taylor! 1st place is awesome. I had to read the title twice to try and understand what he was even talking about! ha ha
What an amazing trip! I can't believe all the views from the train! And all that time (a couple of seconds) we thought you were just going to ride a train in San Francisco...ha ha What an experience!
Looks like you stayed in a awesome place and saw some incredible things. Next time Taylor has to present his research - can Jami and I tag along!?!
Taylor looks super smart with his glasses and all. Apparently it's more than just for looks. Way to go! That's awesome!
Looks like an amazing trip too! So cool that you got to get away and go do something so fun!
Congratulations Taylor! That is pretty awesome :) Looks like you guys had a fun trip! I have never been on a train so maybe that is something Steve and I will have to do!
Congratulations Taylor! What a fun trip, we talked about taking a train to San Fran while we lived in Reno but of course never did it. Kid free trips are awesome, but it's a bummer Hazel was sick while you were away. Hopefully she is feeling better.
Okay, seriously. How does Taylor LOOK so smart? I mean, it's just pouring out all over his wonderfully parted hair, and glassed face. Of Course he took first place! Plus, then you were in the audience looking so freaking beautiful. That is pretty lucky, Crystal. :) You know what made me sad??? It's that you guys went to San Fransisco and I didn't even have to just sit there and wait for you guys to get home like I did when we lived in Lo-town. Like i didn't have anything better to do than wait for you guys to get back so we could hang out. I miss those days. Plus, I'd be even better at it now that Penn's here to keep me company. We could just sit and wait. Or put cinnamon rolls on your porch hoping that you'd be back in time before they went stale or those blankity blank cats got them. I have many ideas. However, they are all useless. You went to San Fran and I wasn't even there to bombard you at the door upon your arrival home. What is this world coming to? Such a sad sad thing indeed. However, on a happier note, I will bombard you soon enough! We miss you! And seriously, you look beautiful. Also, will you make me look that good in a few months? Cause I'm lookin a little more pregnant than I did when I was ACTUALLY pregnant.
Thanks.
HOW FUN!
when we were talking last night, i totally did NOT know about this lovely trip you just took. it looks freakin awesome! such a fun getaway for you and taylor. tell him congrats!
ps. i told jord about the SICK hobo spider attack you had, and i think tears were welling up in his eyes. i told you he was terrified- but we should keep that a secret ;)
how fun! that looks like my kind of Trip! a train! i love it cause I hate flying! Im totally doing that next trip for sure! looks like you guys had fun! i have only been to san Fran once when I was little, I love all the pics you took!
Congrats to Taylor! That is awesome!
What a great trip! Didn't know Taylor is such a, how should I say it.... NERD!! Kidding. But seriously, how do you even pronounce half those words in the title of his presentation?
That is so awesome!! What a great trip combined with a super-smarty husband! Congrats for the first prize win Taylor :)
I've always wanted to ride a train, but I hear the shower situation leaves something to be desired.
I have heard a lot of people talking about taking the train these days, I am glad to see that it worked out so nicely for you. What a trip!!
I was wondering was that a coat that I saw you sporting in a few of those photos? Really in August? You look fantastic all the time I just wanted to make sure that my eyes were not making things up with the winter wear.
Congrats to Taylor on his presentation and the award how great is that for him. Nothing like winning first place at something.
I think that you might need to find a nanny for all the trips that you have been taking without Hazel. It looks like this is becoming a regular thing for you guys. You live like a celebrity jet setting (or train setting) from location to location accepting awards and living the high life. Where will you venture to next?
First Place! Awesome! You guys are kinda like Ross and Rachel from Friends- Ross is cute and nerdy with all his science stuff and you are hot and fabulous with an adorable little girl! Ha Ha! Yes, I am obsessed with Friends! Train sounds fun- never done that, maybe one day ; )
Oh I just LOVE San Francisco too. We haven't been for three years, and now, after seeing all your pictures, I desperately want to go back. Congratulations to Taylor! That is quite an honor!
Crystal-
You look so fabulous in all the photos! It looks like an awesome trip and so great for Taylor!
Post a Comment