Friday, August 20, 2010

Interesting facts about our San Fran trip

Interesting Fact #1:

as we were walking along Fisherman's Wharf, 
we came across an antique video arcade,
inside was an antique photo booth,
and so together, we commenced on our first antique photo booth experience.

(When our pictures came out, they smelled like fish.  I guess that was all part of the "antique experience")
(see that smudge on the last pic... I guess that was part of the "antique experience" too)

Interesting Fact #2:

We missed our little moogy pie so much while we were gone.  
Luckily for us, I had this video on my camera that we watched no less than 3 times a day to get our "Hazel fix"



And last, but not least
Interesting Fact #3:

Taylor and I went to San Fran exactly 5 years ago.
(also for some kind of Microbiology meeting)

July 2005

(we posed by this lion, realizing that we had a picture similar to it.  
   However, we did NOT realize that we were posing almost EXACTLY the same way.  
I guess some things never change)
  
July 2010

16 comments:

Erica said...

I love that you guys took similar pictures. That is really funny. That wasn't where I thought this post was going for some reason. I think I need to get my Hazel fix here soon too, no video- real life. I do have to say I'm super excited to see you Wednesday!!

Steven and Megan said...

Hahaha I love Dave and Sara's mouse video too :) Hazel is super cute! That's funny you guys too the same picture and didn't realize it.

April said...

Oh my goodness! I love this post! Is Hazel saying "dang it" in that video? Oh I just want to eat her up she is so cute. I love those pictures too. Fun stuff.

cheeks said...

you guys look like babies in that pic from 5 years ago!!!! so cute! i love the photo booth pics...awesome that it smelled like fish! i would have barfed!

Mary Ann said...

'Dang it' That was the cutest video ever! She is so smart! I would expect nothing less from such great parents. And I love that you posed the same! We are all creatures of habit lol

Melissa said...

ha ha...you totally make me laugh! I love the last 2 (similar) pictures. ha ha Those photo booth pictures are cute - yucky that they smelled like fish! eew! Hazel is so grown up every time I see pictures of her! What a sweet face!!! Let me know if you're ever in the neighborhood.. :)

Grandma and Grandpa Mac said...

Microbiology, hummm, in SFO that could be referring to both legal and illegal substances. Glad you had fun. Next time try and fit in a day trip to Napa Sonoma area, you'd love the drive.

Sammy said...

that is hilarious! I can't believe you were posed the exact same, too funny, hazel is so darling I would miss her so much too if I were you! I love the photo booth photos, how fun.

Becca said...

That is pretty funny about having the same picture. We miss you guys! We need to plan a party to see you and sweet Hazel girl. It's crazy how big they get, so fast. Tonight while I was putting Brooke to bed, she kept saying under her breath, "we don't stay stupid, stupid, stupid." I am wondering if I should be worried about Tourettes (sp?)

Sarah said...

ha! that is so hilarious, i guess it is a good thing david didn't swear because that seemed to be the one part that she loved repeating.

i probably scare her every time i scream at the end of the video. sorry hazel.

shauni said...

Crystal, cute pictures! I love that you guys posed the same without realizing it. Hazel looks bigger every time you post new pictures. BTW, Abbi loves her life jacket- it doesn't get in her face and she can swim by herself (she doesn't like to be held in the pool) I would highly recommend getting one. And, supposedly they can wear it until they're 50 lbs (which is a while because Carter isn't even 50 lbs yet) so you should get your money's worth.

joN aNd tRiciA said...

I still havent been to SF. maybe one day! I think it is so funny that you posed the same in the 2 pics....you guys look great! Miss ya!

hoLLY said...

I love this post!!!
I love it that you guys have a similar pic from like five years ago, that is so cute!
I totally know what is like to miss your baby and all you do is talk about them and watch cute videos! Hazel is so cute!

Carolee said...

The best part of your 5 year comparison is that you posed basically the same!! You might look alittle different but your personalities are still exactly the same! San Fran looks awesome, I am jealous! I have always wanted to go...

And two Hazel-less trips in a few months (let alone a year)...you guys know how to party!! And yes, I am also jealous.

Mike and Kim said...

You look so much younger 5 years ago. And I'm glad to see that Butterfly Gifts and Sabra have both weathered these difficult economic times. You still like gray sweaters, levis and hoop earrings. And you apparently can't possibly pose where you are without grabbing both of the ears on that goblin statue, although I think your first pose seemed a little more natural. You're still taking some grainy-ass photos, and were willing to ask some passerby to do it for you, despite Taylor's continued aversion to other human beings. Taylor still likes beat up hats with baseball teams. Who likes baseball these days? He seems a little less haunted in 2010, probably because of Hazel, and the fact that he recently won $500, although he chose to look in a totally different direction than the camera.

I find it interesting that Hazel likes that video so much -- it seems like it would be a little too abstract for someone her age. I guess she has great abstract reasoning skills. She'll probably be a scientist. Either that, or a pet store owner. Maybe she'll just train mice.

Maria said...

Ha, ha! Those pictures are too funny! You look so great in both of them.