Friday, August 27, 2010

Happy 6th!

We celebrated our 6th anniversary. 
In a way it feels longer, 
but in another way it feels like nothing has really changed at all 
(except for our age, looks, style, likes/dislikes, places of residence, education, hobbies, and the addition of a child)

I thought a great anniversary present would be to find my wedding ring...
but no such luck.
(yes, I'm getting money from the insurance, but I would take my original ring any day of the week)

However, we did not let this dampen our spirits and proceeded in celebrating our anniversary in the best way possible.
If you're asking yourself the very best way to celebrate an anniversary, here it is:

Lunch at the food court
(I promise our conversation was stimulating)

A movie 
(with popcorn, root beer and frozen junior mints)

Dinner at the Melting Pot
(oh, I just love those rosy cheeks.  
P.S.  Don't waste  your time with the Traditional Swiss Fondue... not so good.  Just stick to the Wisconsin Cheese and you won't be disappointed)

 
(However, I don't think you could go wrong with any of the chocolate fondues)

A walk around your favorite temple,
(I wish our wedding day had boasted such blue skies)

while enjoying the sunset together.
all of the above will equal the BEST day ever.

Taylor, thanks for being my very best of best friend.
Love you!

19 comments:

Chelsea said...

Happy be-lated Anniversary! Is that the Bountiful temple? That's where we got married! There's just a special place in my hear for it. :) And I want to try the Melting Pot so bad!! Yum.

Erica said...

That is a good way to spend your anniversary...only comparable to our huge celebration of Maddox and Arachnophobia. I know you're jealous. I really have no appetite and no food sounds good to be....but cheese. And dipping things into that cheese would be really fantastic.

cheeks said...

congrats on 6!!! awesome! i'm sorry you haven't found your ring yet, what would be really cool is if it mysteriously popped up after you've gotten the insurance $$$$! walah...a 6 year anniversary diamond! :)

we still have never been to melting pot...looks yummy! And....you forgot to include that you were at make-out point at the end of your post!! you're never too old, right?!

April said...

Happy 6th anniversary to you guys! You guys are just perfect for each other. I love the Melting Pot. Excellent choice for your big anniversary celebration.

shauni said...

Happy Anniversary! I can't believe it's been six years already. Sorry about the ring, what a bummer. I bet the melting pot totally made up for it. I had the chocolate fondue in Chicago and I am certain it was the BEST thing I have ever tasted. Taylor looks just like Colby in the food court picture, he must be close to being "Doctor Oberg" because Colby tells me that "important doctors" have to be on their fancy phones ALL THE TIME! (saving lives!)

Mary Ann said...

Yeah Crystal! I am so happy for you. Your family is just the cutest and best. May the happiness stay this perfect for eternity!

Steven and Megan said...

Happy 6th anniversary! Looks like you guys had fun :) I have always wanted to try The Melting Pot... sounds yummy

Monica said...

6 years???? Time flies...I still remember the first day of DH school. :)

Crystal, I can't say it enough- You look so fantastic!!!!

Mike and Kim said...

The bountiful temple is the best. Kim and I always love to stop by there when we're in Utah. I've only been to the melting pot once, and only for chocolate fondue. We're going to have to go try the Wisconsin cheese.

Your wedding remains a lacuna in my memory. I think it must have been traumatic for me. Or inconsequential. Either one.

Just kidding. Happy anniversary.

Melissa Rees said...

Awwwww!!! I wish you had found your ring! We just celebrated the big 10, and I was hoping to find some diamond earrings, but I didn't :( Sounds like you had a great day!!

SHELLYFINCH said...

Six years~~Holy Moly!! Congrats to you guys! I'm still hoping you find your ring! Since I read your blog about you loosing it, I've been super anal about mine! Chad thinks i'm nuts! lol

Casey and Samantha said...

I love anniversaries! Looks like so much fun! Never been to the melting pot. Was it worth it? It sounds so above me, but I've always wanted to go! Happy anniversary!!

hoLLY said...

Oh my goodness...6 years! how awesome! congrats! thats so fun! what a great way to spend your special day besides the ring part!
And you look so dang cute for your celebrating!

Ostler said...

Okay, First: Happy Anniversary! You guys are so good at being married. We aren't as good at it yet. About a year not as good. Also, you guys always win everyone at Newlywed game. I think you cheat.
Second: I'm still sad about your ring.
Third: Seriously. Frozen junior mints. Are there any other kind? Because I think there SHOULD NOT be. Those are delicious.
Fourth: Obviously... I miss you guys a lot. Maybe we'll come sleep over sometime... :) E's so dang busy with school already, and I've already learned more about the female reproductive system than I've ever wanted to know. I figure, I had a baby, so it must work okay, right? That's all I need to know...Anyway, I told him I may do a Lo-town trip by myself sometime, maybe when he's super busy and I need to NOT be annoying and come ask him for something every three seconds. When he needs some time, though...You Obergs better watch out, cause I'm coming.
Oh yeah, and today me and E were talking about how I would totally freak Hazel out all the time.
"Hello baby Hazel!!! You're cute baby Hazel!!! AHHH!!! I love you baby Hazel!!!" crazy eyes included. We laughed for like twenty minutes.
Anyway, we miss you and love you!!!

Carolee said...

Happy Anniversary! August is the right time to get married. Six years, holy smokes! It's not 13, but your getting up there.....hee,hee

Love, the stimulating conversation photo! Jared is always doing the same thing and ARGH, it makes me mad!!

PS Congrats on your race! Way to kick Jared's a**!! Watch out though, he has you picked as his new marathon buddy.

holly said...

Hi Crystal! Congrats on your 6th anniversary!

My name is Holly Burton and I came across your blog by looking at some other WSU dental hygiene graduates' blogs. I graduated from WSU's Dental Hygiene program a couple years after you in 2009. I saw that you're living in Logan and I'm wondering if you're working or have worked there. I recently got engaged and will be moving to Logan in December. If you have any advice or happen to know of any dental hygiene openings in Logan could you please let me know? Thank you so much! You can contact me at hollyburton09@gmail.com :)

Lonna said...

Hooray for six years and counting! Sounds like an eventful and fun day. What movie did you see?

Actually that sounds almost exactly how James and I would spend the day, eating out and a little shopping, then going out for dinner and a movie, I can't say that the temple would really be on the agenda, but it should, then there would probably be snickity snacks and a favorite show to wrap it all up.
Sounds like a pretty great day do me.

Sammy said...

happy anniversary! (we have been in bear lake since thursday, thats why i'm commenting so late!) but looks like it was a good one. I've never been to the melting pot but i'm guessing i wouldn't be a fan since i don't like cheese? but i'm sure i'd love the chocolate! mmm, seriously such a bummer on the ring... can't wait to see your new one, but still holding out for you to find the original!

rupee40 said...

Happy 6th! I remember when you got married and we were on our honeymoon I think! Crazy how the time has flown.