It's all fun and games spending the week at Grandma and Grandpa's house...
until someone loses their WEDDING RING!
Yes, that someone was me, and yes I actually lost it.
It makes my heart hurt just looking at it.
I lost it sometime between 10:30 am and 4:00 pm on Wednesday July 14.
I obviously can't say where it was lost, or else I would have found it by now.
But it could be in any of these places:
- The Layton Hills Mall women's bathroom
- The food court at the above mentioned mall
- my mom's car
- my parents backyard
- in a garbage bag at the dump
- or anywhere in my parents home
(Oh that list seems daunting)
If you see it, please let me know,
I'm sure karma will have a really great reward for you.
As for me, I don't have any money.
All I can really offer you is a hearty handshake and perhaps a batch of Taylor's peanut butter chocolate chip cookies.
All I can really offer you is a hearty handshake and perhaps a batch of Taylor's peanut butter chocolate chip cookies.
In a totally unrelated topic,please welcome the newest addition to the Oberg family.
Sweet baby Violet
Congratulations Erik and Sammy!
29 comments:
My heart is broken for you! I have a feeling it's in your mom's car. I have read many "missing rings" blogs and they've always ended up in the car. Pull the seats apart. PS If you find it there I will demand at least one pretty lil cookie. That ring is so unique and very perfect for you Crystal.
Also, me and Hazey both can eat corn on the cob now and she seems to enjoy that just as much as I do. In that picture above the corn picture with your mom it looks like Hazel is doing her "join in and laugh like my mom" face.
Congrats on baby Violet. Hope it was an easy delivery. Aren't nieces the greatest? New born smell, new born cuddles, new born toes, new born goes home....
What the what?! I remember when you got married and you showed me the ring. You said you designed it and I thought you were so cool :) I will pray that it gets found!!
Oh Crystal! My heart hurts for you. I am going to be sending all of my positive thoughts your way. YOU WILL FIND IT!!!
All these pictures of Hazel just crack me up. She always looks like she's having the best time. She's a darling girl too. Elle and I are jealous of those teeth of hers. Elle has none yet. Congrats to Erik and Sammy. Violet is a beautiful babe.
How sad! I wish I could say I know how it feels, but I don't, LeRand does. He's lost his ring 3 times, I think: first in our first apt. (found under the bed), next in Springville in the winter then found it when he was getting in his car in the spring and the snow had melted enough to reveal it, then third in KW in the ocean. Still lost. I feel for ya', though, poor thing. I'll give you a big hug when we get together ;).
At least it wasn't Hazel that you lost, I was anxiously reading ahead to make sure :).
Oh stink Crystal! If I were out west I'd go looking for it for you! That really stinks. All the pictures are too cute! Hazel looks so cute in her little rash guard!
Crystal I am so sorry you lost your ring! I really hope you find it, was it insured? I sure hope so but its still not the same as the original. Best of luck in the search I really hope you find it!
Looks like such a blast at your parents last week and at the dam! Those pictures of baby Violet are so sweet, thanks for posting those, you look so pretty!
Oh No! I'm so sorry about your ring, that is the worst! Hopefully it will show up. I love the picture of Hazel with the giant corn on the cob- she is too cute!
Oh my gosh I am so sorry. When I started clinic in 1st year, I was taking some goves off, you know how you turn them inside each other and toss them, well my ring slipped off, and I tossed it...BUT I didn't realize that is what had happened until the end of the day while I was walking to my car thinking "I swear I was wearing my ring today" I went back into the clinc and pulled apart every pair of gloves in the garbage (gross I know) ever since then I just decided to not wear it when I am working so I don't have to worry if I took it off while washing hands or did I wear it that day. I am so so sorry!
I love all the pictures of sweet Hazel :) She is such a cutie! And I am so sorry to hear about your wedding ring. I am sending lots of good vibes your way in hopes that you find it soon. Baby Violet is beautiful :)
I did end up finding it, inside a pair of gloves, if I would have recognized it even hours later the janitor would have already tossed it.
Ps, I'm slightly annoyed with you. Why? Because you are looking SO good and I want to ask you how you are doing it but I am fairly certain you are going to say hard work....you and all your will power. :o)
Oh dear Crystal Im so so so sorry about your ring! that totally sucks! i have always remembered your ring from when we were in the same ward! and i just loved it! Suprisingly I have never lost mine and Im shocked cause I lose everything! i so hope you fing it!
on a good note hazel looks so cute in all these pics and congrats on your new neice! i love the name Violet! she looks like one!
i mean find it! ha
Jared "lost" his wedding ring when we lived in Vegas the first time while on a business trip to AZ. I tease him that he really took it off to go "hit the nightlife" with the guys on his trip....thus the quotes. Anyways, he never did find it. Bummer! Then years later I bought him a cheap replacement from Silver Express in the Mall...which he doesn't wear much anymore. Anyways, so sorry to hear!! That is sad. I hope you find it. Maybe, it's genetic to lose your wedding ring....or maybe you are so stinkin' skinny it just slid right off!
Oh I totally know the pain of losing your wedding ring! I lost mine for like two weeks and it broke my heart too. Somehow I got lucky and it turned up randomly, so stay positive!
Oh Crystal... I don't even know what to say!!! I'm heartbroken for you. I can't even explain...I wanted to pack up miss penny mae and head to the mall right now to find it! I'm a really good finder. I always have been...I always will be... :) So, I may need to make some trip to Layton Hills soon. Because this is unfortunate beyond belief. What are we going to do?!??! Okay, now that I got that all out, seriously...Hazel could not be ANY cuter. I love her so much. I miss you guys like Caarraaazy. It's the worst. And you look so beautiful! Always... And, seriously. When you guys come down, let us know! We would love to see you. I keep wanting to come back to Lo-town to visit. i'm sure we'll do it sometime. Erik almost had to come up next week to help the school with something, and if he did, I was going to just invite myself over to your house to come hang out. We'll see if it happens. I don't think he wants to miss work... But if he does, expect an opposite invite. :)
That is just awful :( Who knows, maybe in fifty years someone will find it and you'll be in the newspaper. (But I hope it's before then!)
Bummer! Good luck with the ring search...I really hope you find it. Jeff lost his once and found it at Kirts Drive-In, so never give up hope!
On another note, Hazel is so dang cute! She is such a little beach babe in those pics. So fun.
You look incredible these days... I am so sorry about the ring. I really hope it turns up for you. That just makes my heart hurt just thinking about it. What lake were you guys on?
Hazel is so cute! What a water dog! Looks like she loves the water!
I'm dying over you loosing your ring! I feel like it happened to me...totally sick! I'm sure that it will turn up in the strangest place... :(
Hazel eating corn on the cob is the funniest thing! She is so mature!
Baby Violet is so cute! Doesn't it make you want to have another one! ha ha
Can't wait to see you tomorrow! YAY!
So sorry to hear about your wedding ring. I really almost threw up reading about it. Stuff like that makes me sick. Good luck on your search..
I can't believe how big Hazel is. I haven't checked your blog for a while. Isn't crazy how they all the sudden aren't babies anymore... kinda sad...
Cute new addition. Crystal you look FANTASTIC! I'm so sorry about your ring. I don't know if you know this but my diamond fell out of my original wedding ring and I had to go without for almost a year before we could afford a new one. I'm so sorry because I know how bad it hurts inside :( I'll be looking for it.
Broken hearts abound! I am so sorry! My mom lost hers when we were swimming. She thinks it was stolen. She never recovered. It is a devastating loss. Me. . . I was asked to give mine back. The nerve!
And I thought you were too busy with life to read my blog. But I secretly read yours but did not dare comment. I am such an insecure fool these days. I apologize.
crystal.....
i can't tell you how sad i am for your ring...thank goodness for that insurance, i really hope it pulls through for you! your ring is so unique, i've always loved it!
i'm sooooo happy we got to have the playdate of a lifetime today! :) it really does feel like forever we've been waiting for/talking about this day! it was so great to see your cute skinny self! and hazel....oh, i could go on and on about that little stink! she's so dang cute! i'm still laughing at all her amazing words and phrases! she's such a little tease! thanks for making the drive to see us!! we love ya!
I am sorry about your ring, that really sucks. But I am sure you will find it and that will feel amazing.
Uh oh, I hope this doesn't mean that Taylor is through buying you jewlery, after the previous earring incident.
I've nearly lost my ring twice. The first time I ended up digging through leaves for an hour, and the second time I was on my hands and knees in a snowy parking lot for an hour. Both times persistence paid off. Keep at it.
And if not, you really could do something more interesting than a diamond this time.
Good Heavens you are always up to something crazy and intense. I'm sorry about your ring, I had a little lost ring scare one time as well, but my boss found it! Thank goodness, I was on the phone trying not to throw up while telling James what I had just done, then she brought it in to me I think I almost passed out. I hope that you have good fortune in finding it, or maybe it is time for you to bust out the creativity and design a new sparkly something for yourself.
I can't help smiling and sometimes laughing out loud as I look at the things that Hazel is doing, and how cute she is. I love how everything is so new and exciting to her all the time. What a fun stage she is in, I am glad that you are camera ready for all her little moments.
I am going to start looking for your ring right now so I can get those cookies! Ha Ha! That totally sucks... I guess Taylor will just have to get you a new really big shinny one!
oh gosh crystal, my stomach dropped when i read those words. im so sad for you. i reeeeaaally hope you find it!
ps. that sweet little baby kind of looks like hazel, no? i totally thought it was a picture of her... she is precious.
I am so sad for you! I hope you find your ring! There is something great about the orginal...but its a relief that it's insured. YAY!
I miss you!
Post a Comment