Monday, May 24, 2010

A Week in Review

Yes, it is my birthday today.  I promise there will be plenty of party pictures in due time.  However, I have to get caught up on this past week before I get ahead of myself.

And so, here is what took place last week:
(and yes, it's all about Hazel)

Last Saturday I talked Taylor out of turkey hunting to spend some time with me and the babe since the weather was FINALLY supposed to be nice.  

We took hazel to the new park in town.  
I wish I could say that she loved it.... but, she pretty much stuck to all of the same attractions that we have at our playground across the street.  

(FYI-Taylor is a slightly peeved that I talked him out of the only weekend of the month that boasted nice weather.  I guess those turkeys love to come out in the rain about as much as I do...  Sorry Taylor; who knew the entire month of May was going to be the shits?)

(P.S.- Taylor informs me that "shit" is not a swear word, technically it's just 'farm terminology' and since he grew up on a farm it's fair game).

Sunday, Hazel was finally able to wear the most adorable dress ever!  My sister-in-law got this for Hazel before she even entered this world and the time has now come for her to wear it.

However, it is becoming increasingly difficult to get a decent picture of the Hazelnut, and heaven forbid she smile in any of them...

If you didn't notice the giant goosegg in the previous pictures, you may notice the little tumble she took off the curb.

And finally, this is the new hot spot in town.  
She discovered how to hoist herself up on to the windowsill and will sit there forever kicking her legs and playing with the blinds.
I'm almost positive she couldn't be any cuter.

21 comments:

shauni said...

Happy Birthday Crystal! I hope you have a wonderful day. Hazel is adorable, her little scratched up face looks so sore! I love her pink dress and am pleased to say that Abbi has the same little blue sundress, we'll have to get some pics when we're in town. See you guys NEXT WEEK in Cancun!

Erin said...

Hahaha!! Oh my, her poor nose. We have yet to get a scabby doosy on any of the boys, darn it, but I'm sure they lie in the future. Maybe they didn't inherit my klutziness.
She is getting so independent, cute girl. She cracks me up.

Jed and Kera said...

Happy Birthday Crystal!
That dress is the cutest thing! If you had facebook you'd know that I vented on there last week about boys dress clothes...I guess I lost the memo that boys dress clothes are only seasonal....go figure, I guess that means that most for most people, going to church is seasonal. :O)
Poor Hazel's nose and head...bless her heart.
Are you sure Hazel is only a month older than than Dalton? He is advanced in everything on the sheets that we have to fill out for his well baby visits, but he looks like a dunce compared to Hazel!

Sian said...

oh Hazel- ouch! That dress is adorable, I think Lainey needs one just like it. Happy birthday Crystal!

cheeks said...

Hey!! I hope you had a great bday....after i left a message i was second guessing myself thinking i was off a day! Hazel really is the cutest thing ever! even with those big scrapes and bumps. poor girlie! can't wait to hear about your bday celebration!!

April said...

Happy Birthday Crystal dah-ling!
I hope you have a good one. That is too bad about Hazel's little curb incident. I hope that she is ok now. She is quite the busy bee. Her pink sundress is just so so so cute! I love it.

Steven and Megan said...

Happy Birthday to you!!! We have a "Castle Park" in our area quite similar to the one you went to! Zoe loves it! Hazel is so adorable! I love her cute face, even when she is all scratched up. I hope it is healing quickly. Can't wait to see your birthday pictures.

Ostler said...

Happy Birthday!!! I daresay she could not be any cuter, either. She is so darling. Plus, we miss you guys. So show her pictures of me every day so that she doesn't forget. Because if she does, I will not be pleased.
Also, I have a super funny midget story to tell you, and I can't wait.
And...Oh dangit. I can't remember. Pregnant brain. Anyway, I hope your day was fantastic!

Erin said...

You weren't supposed to say anything about the no sushi during pregnancy! :) LeRand forgot, and I was praying the whole time that he wouldn't remember. He already gives me a hard time about the coke I have once a pregnancy. This is how I justify it: if japanese babies are coming out just fine then mine should, too.

Our branch president and his family have had four in four years, and he boasts to his coworkers about all the "action" he gets (it's a small island, we take what we can get ;) ), and every time he tells us we think about how it really means only four times in four years, which isn't anything to brag about. Ha!

I wasn't a germophobe 'til I moved here and saw the streets of downtown after a party night. Oh my. But I still eat stuff on the ground at our house. ;)

Sammy said...

she couldn't be any cuter i agree! that dress is to die, for so cute and that park looks like a blast! I think I would have a great time playing on it! her poor nose, its looking much better, bless her little heart. i love her new hang out, so funny. hope you had a great birthday! thanks again for having US over for dinner on YOUR birthday! it was great.

Melissa Rees said...

I love Taylor!! I also say shit. Alot. And Happy birthday to you!!

Erica said...

I love that first picture of her and Taylor. She looks so sweet and Taylor is smiling! That is quite the ouchie on her nose. I'm impressed you could talk Taylor out of going turkey hunting. I must learn the secret I'm determined to talk Daren out of something one day rather than the other way around. Is that that Ryans place or whatever that's in Providence? I drove past that place the other day and I said to Daren that place would be a child's heaven.

Erica said...

PS I left out that first picture of Taylor and Hazel in her dress....sorry that's my favorite

Mike and Kim said...

I just wrote out a whole list of blue farming terms that you could include in future posts, but then thought better of including it. It's a nice game to imagine all on your own though.

You may have a hard time getting Hazel to smile in pics now, but I've never seen Taylor smile so much. Usually he looks pissed.

Lonna said...

I really hope that you had a wonderful birthday. I am sure that you had lots of fun things lined up for you and your cute family...although maybe the park was not on that list.

I think that Hazel is so cute. I totally feel for her with a banged up little nose, but the great thing is that it heals so fast. I love the things that she wears, and her tiny toes are painted too. What a great mom you are. Making sure that everyone always looks their best, even after falling off the curb.

Your vacation is rapidly approaching are you ready?

hoLLY said...

Happy birthday yesterday! thats crazy yesterday was my grandma and my nephews bday and exactly one month till mine1 ha gotta love getting odler, hope you had agood one!
Hazel's dress is to die for ! way cute! and what a nice park! so fun!

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday! Can't wait to hear all about your celebration!

That new park looks amazing! Where is that? I think we'll have to come back up and play! Looks like lots of fun.

Hazel couldn't be any cuter - even with her little bumps and bruises! Poor girl! SHe must be a little dare devil! ...sitting in the window...wow! SHe makes me laugh!

Good luck getting ready for Cancun! Let me know if there is anything I can do to help with Hazel!

SHELLYFINCH said...

Happy Birthday...26??? We are getting old!!!! And Hazel couldn't get any cuter...she's adorable! Looks like she's getting pretty indpendent!

Ali and Andrew Hyde said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CRYSTAL!!! At least she is still cute when she has little bumps and bruises! Her little dress was so cute. I am buying all these clothes for baby boy and am wondering when he will be able to wear them. I am SO excited!

Brad and Jen said...

Happy later Birthday! Hope you had a wonderful day!

Carolee said...

Such a darling dress....that sister-in-law sure has great taste!!

And Happy Birthday again. Have fun on your trip.

Tell Taylor a negative on the old "poop" SWEAR WORD. Wait until Hazel says it....you'll definitely think it is a swear word.