As is customary, I celebrated my birthday on multiple days (come on! Birthdays only come once a year, you've got to milk it for all it's worth).
On Saturday we packed up and headed down to the Melting Pot with my family. Unfortunately the Melting Pot must not have realized that:
- it was only 5 o'clock
- the last time I went for my birthday they didn't take reservations and told us to "just come early" to get a seat
- that it was my birthday
and so, they turned us away.
(well, actually they didn't turn us away, but they did tell us that they now accept reservations and that they were booked solid for the next 2 1/2 hours. I was about "this" close to punching that snobby hostess right in the kisser...)
So we went for the next best thing
Japanese!
Notice anything in this next picture?
(Dan and Colby, this is for you)
Taylor and Hazel totally photo bombed our picture, hahahah!
Because we initially planned on stuffing our face with chocolate fondue, we had to come up with a back-up plan for dessert.
So, we checked out Hatch Family Chocolates.
You may recognize this little gem if you've ever seen "Little Chocolatiers" on TLC. And when I say "gem", I mean "gem"! It was awesome, and may I recommend the hot chocolate or the chocolate pot if you ever go there.
(You should definitely go there)
Oh and how could I forget about the presents!?
On Monday (my actual birthday), Taylor took me to lunch (Wendy's, per my request... give me a break, I haven't had fries and a Dr. Pepper in eons!)
and later that night we had Taylor's brothers over for hotdogs and cupcakes.
How lucky I was that the Bennett and Becka family are in town for my birthday?
Hazel was loving on "Bunky Ben (aka uncy Ben)" and sweet little Mayce
and thank you to Taylor for making mouth-watering, ganache-filled cupcakes.
Then on Tuesday, after Jake's High School graduation...
...I celebrated with the Obergs!
Lynette (my mom-in-law) made that AMAZING chocolate torte you see above and THESE!:
How adorable!
Ok, normally I try to avoid pictures that I look hideous in... but after taking a second look at this next one, I just had to laugh.
Like mother, like daughter, right!?
Nice expressions...
I'm sure Taylor loves this kind of complaining from BOTH of his girls.
I think we were both saying, "take the picture again, we weren't ready."
I think we were both saying, "take the picture again, we weren't ready."
16 comments:
Happy birthday! I just got the magic bullet for cory's birthday and I love it. Have a great time on your trip!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Happy Happy Birthday. I just complained to Jed after each and every picture! You look SO good! I can't get over it! I am going to think of you every time I get ready to eat something that will add pounds to my hips! Jed and I both loved the last picture! You guys are just the same!
wow....you have the BEST birthdays! although, i was suprised that there wasn't a pic of you, your mom, and sis shopping and getting pedis! isn't that a tradition?!
I am loving all the chocolate birthday desserts....especially the ganache filled cupcakes! That's so impressive coming from a guy....but it's Taylor and he's always THAT good!! you look so cute in all your pics...and yes, i especially love the last one! so funny that you two are twinners! have a great trip!
what a great birthday weekend! looks like you had quite the celebratrion(s) LOVE the aprons too cute, that torte looks amazing, you look beautiful in every picture! We've watched mini chocolateers (spelling?) a few times and i've been dying to go there! I will for sure have to try it now!
As much as I love posts about Hazel, it was nice to see so much of you this go round! Happy Birthday!! I love how you celebrate your birthday. It is definitely an extravaganza. Those aprons are soooo cute!
PS It's official, I'm starting running....first thing tomorrow :)
Happy Birthday Crystal! It looks like it was a great birthday! I have a magic bullet and I just love it. I use it every day.
I don't think it is possible for you to look hideous... :) Happy Birthday!
you milk that for all its worth girl.. you deserve it! happy late birthday, hope it was the best! xo
Happy Birthday!! Haha i love that last picture :) you always looks so beautiful and I am happy you had a fun birthday!
Oh, I'm glad it was a good birthday for you. Bummer about the Melting Pot. Hostesses are mostly snobby by default...especially the Salt Lake ones bahahahah that is an overgeneralization, I'm sorry. Anyways...I'm really glad you had an awesome multi day birthday. I am totally coveting your apron. You look beautiful in all of your pictures too!
Happy Birthday! Is that the Magic Bullet? Yep, you are going to love it. My life hasn't been the same since that addition to our kitchen! Darling aprons, I love that she made matching ones for you and Hazel.
oh my heck girl that is so me to celebrate my birthday all weeend! love it! and I also love how darling you look in every sinle photo! and yes even the crazy one!
Im so glad you had a good birthday!!!
btw- you look amazing!
ps I know I cant spell! i type way to fast and I never check it before I post ha sorry!
You have the best birthdays ever!! My heck! How many days did it last! ;)
That's funny that you went to that chocolate shop. I've seen that show on TLC (the one where the AC went out and they were trying to save the chocolate with dry ice) and wondered where that was...I'll have to check it out. I am also impressed with Taylor's baking skills!
How do you eat so many treats and still look so amazing! I need you to be my personal trainer, stylist and hair dresser. You always look so amazing!
Love the aprons! So cute to have matching ones! :) Hazel is so cute!
Hope you have a great time on your trip.
Happy birthday Crystal! You sure look amazing. I am 10 kinds of jealous! Have a great trip! Cant wait to hear about it!!
Post a Comment