Wow, what a week.
We spent our time playing in the dirt,
(and yes, with a little oxi-clean, this adorable outfit is as good as new)
cleaning up,
despite the dirt I found in all of her nooks and cranny's (i.e. ears, nose, eyes, teeth, hair, down her onesie, in her diaper, under her fingernails) she still managed to clean up nicely.
Going to sister-in-law Karli's graduation from Dub State,
(Weber State University, for those of you who aren't fellow alumni)
with her bachelor's degree in Microbiology
(smart girl)
and threw a baby shower for Mindy.
Do you remember Mindy?
She threw a baby shower for me 1 year ago...
She threw a baby shower for me 1 year ago...
Oh, how the tide has turned.
And what a great shower it turned out to be.
It was a Literary themed shower, complete with nursery rhymes, fairytales, and the good ol' classics.
Thank you, thank you, thank you to Leah and Amanda for everything you did (rolls, party favors, cups, games, prizes, trifle dish, pens, decorations, antique china). You guys are AMAZING!
I think Mindy enjoyed her party,
especially when she got to "test hold" all of baby girl's cute outfits.
and a special thanks to everyone for coming!
What's on the docket fort his week?
Resting.
(and turkey hunting, but you can count me out of that)
23 comments:
count me out of the turkey hunting too thank you! ha ha looks like such a darling shower! LOVE the tulips oh they are my favorite, you look beautiful as always and are SO THIN! holy cow you look great, cute little Hazel, i missed her at Karli's graduation but Erik told me all about her and how cute she was. She sure cleans up nicely! ha ha love the dirt pictures, looks like she had a blast.
we do need to get together and get our craft on! I need to make some headbands/bows/flowers for baby girl, i have ZILCH!
You look so stinkin cute and skinny! Sounds like a fun week and I bet you are looking forward to a little relaxation!!!!
ok, first of all you SKINNY MINNY! you look fantastic if i do say so myself! way to be so dedicated!
second....hazel is such a cute little stink...black eye, dirty face and all! and yes, she does clean up quite nicely!
third...what a great shower! and i LOVE the literery theme! i've never heard of that idea! the food looks delish!
fourth...is karli taylor's sister?? they are all so smart! seems like just yesterday we were sportin those sweet gowns walking the walk at "Dub State!" I can't believe it was FOUR years ago! crazy!
miss you guys!
CRYSTAL you look amazing! Holy freaking SKINNY! I dont know if I have ever seen you soo skinny. HOLY FREAKING SKINNY PANTS! You look Awesome! Hazel is a doll. We are so excited to see you guys!
Damn that turkey hunting I tell ya. Anyways, DARLING shower! that Topiary(I think I spelled that wrong) is so beautiful. Way fantastic. You have been so so busy.
Crystal, why haven't I had the results you have with that damn insanity. I don't think I can manage to do one more week of that warmup. I sure hope it's different the second month....
Hazel is so cute even when she is covered in dirt! Isn't it so fun to watch kids get messy! Crystal, you look amazing! I want to have motivation like you. And that looks like one great baby shower :)
Crystal you look absolutely beautiful in all of your pictures, and it looks like you throw one mean party. Hazel is lovely as usual. Get some rest this week. You deserve it.
you are looking great! I remeber you posting about preparing for a race, looks like the runnig is paying off! Also I hear everyone say they use oxyclean and it works wonders sooo I bought a small thing from walmart to try it out and it didnt work any majic for me, it there a secret to using it??? my kids clothes are in desperate need of the secret. Please share.
Okay, seriously Crystal. That shower was SO GREAT! I just made my mom come in and look at all the pictures. Then we said lots of mean/nice things about how FREAKING skinny and gorgeous you are!!! You are my inspiration for after BO gets here. I will be beautiful like Crystal!!! :) Anyway, the shower was so great, and when my mom asked me what I wanted for dinner tonight, I told her "will you make me the salad that Crystal made me?!?" So, you should just know I was sooo happily fed. Mmm. delicious. Also, I have read almost 3/4 of that book, and am getting prepared to become the most babywise mom EVER! :) I will call you every day and say, "what should I do?!?" then you will tell me. Then you will come to salt lake to visit me. This is going to be perfect.
Anyway, I did not mean to make such a lonoooongnngngng post, but I felt all of this was important! :) Thanks again! You're the best!!!
Crystal I love that you let Hazel play in the dirt!! She looked like she was having so much fun!!
I agree with everyone else you look awesome!
Turkey hunting is fun!!! But the rest of your life looks pretty great. You are so beautiful. Hazel is going to be beautiful also. What a fun little girl! I am so glad you share her with me.
yay!!!! i love the pics! oh man and baby hazel has teeth! she is sooo cute even with her little goose egg! awww poor thing. and i have to tell you that you look amazing!!!! i told levi that after i log off the blogging world i am going to work out at the gym and then hit up my P90X!!! you inspire me! miss you girl! oh and i need mindy's addy. we have her gift. i meant to text you. SHOOT! i didnt think they'd move so soon! i couldnt make her shower b/c i had to work and levi was supposed to drop off her gift at the shower but i am LAME and forgot to tell him! POOOCHA!
again love the pics! i cant wait to be a stay at home mommy in 2 weeks!!! xoxoxo! you make it look soooo fun!
Oh my goodness, I hope that by the time I'm holding missionary farewells that my spread looks as good as your shower's did. SO delish and awesome looking! Speaking of awesome looking, YOU ARE LOOKING AWESOME!! Way to go, girl!! I'm jealous, I need to tone up a bit. This mostly veggie diet does a lot to take some fat off but it doesn't work the muscles, unfortunately. And with Ashy finally ceasing the 500/day calorie suck I've started the uphill climb on the scale once again. BOO! Love and miss you!!
I have so many things to say right now. I hope I remember most of them.
1. Hazel is adorable as ever even eating dirt! :O)
2. What the heck Crystal.... I am now even more envious of you. You are making me sin here. You look amazing!
3. The shower looked so pretty and fancy and wonderful, I am now wishing even more that I could have come. Thank you for the invite. We got it late because it went to our apartment first. :O) (not that I think that it's your fault, just meaning I would have told you how cute they were sooner!)
4. Here is our new address if you ever throw Mindy another shower. :O) 4880 Neptune Lane Huber Heights OH, 45424.
5. I would not be turkey hunting either.
6. I meant to comment on your last post. I love the pictures and Hazel cute new hair styles.
7. I know there was more but I forget....
8. Miss you guys!
what an adorable little shower! so cute! and what a fun busy week! oh the good old days of WSU ha how fun and nay i say you look great !!!!!adorable as usual!!!
ps i miss talking w you!
Okay SKINNY girl! WOW! You are my inspiration! You look fantastic!
Hazel is so cute playing in the dirt! Sometimes you just have to let em get dirty! But she sure cleans up nice too!
You are a great hostess! What a party! I loved your theme and all the great food. Your strawberry creation and salad looked amazing! Great job!
Can't wait to play! :)
Why is it that little kids actually look cute when they are covered head to toe in dirt? I like that she is all squeaky clean in the other ones too, she does clean up well.
Showers are lots of fun, and it also feels good when they are over and you can rest. I think you totally deserve a little of that. I have to agree with everyone else that you do look so great. I'll admit that I too am jealous of your skinniness.
What is this magical stuff Oxi-clean?? Is it stain treater or detergent? I need something new for I-must-feed-myself Abbi. I LOVE Hazel's yellow sweater and big yellow flower-so cute. Does Taylor deep fry the turkey that he brings home from his hunt?? We're so excited to see you guys in CANCUN and to run the RAGNAR- what a fun month we have to look forward to!
I can't believe how good you look! YOUR HOT HOT HOT!
such a fun shower, you guys did sooo great! i have so much to learn from you ladies...
and hazel just gets cuter and cuter by the minute {even with dirt all over!}.
and i will also add {again!} how amazing you look. you should be so proud girl.. show it off! ow!
I do not have an original comment. Cute dirty girl, amazingly skinny, beautiful shower. Check. We will call it good. Although I have never heard Weber call "Dub State" how out of the loop am I?
I am too lazy to change accounts, this is not Cory.
Playing in the dirt, then cleaning up and going out to party. What a life she has, lucky girl.
Hi Crystal! I love your blog. It is so eventful and it is great that you post so regularly. I have noticed most of my friends have stopped posting regularly and I am guilty of the same thing.
Mike and I ran the half marathon last month and it was so much fun. Unfortunately I didn't get to train much. When is your race?
You look fantastic. I know I told you already but really you are so motivating. Maybe one day I'll have the determination to work out as much as you. Take care.
Post a Comment