Monday, April 19, 2010

Piggies, Piglets, Goslings, Goose Eggs

PIGGIES:
The time has finally come that Hazel has enough hair for a real hair style!  It hasn't come any too soon either; just last week the poor bagger at the grocery store got a taste of my wrath when he called Hazel a boy... 
she was wearing a skirt and leggings for crying out loud!  
I know we walked out of the house without her bow, but couldn't he see the bracelet she was wearing?! 
(actually to be fair, he couldn't.  Her jacket was covering her outfit AND her bracelet, but still... ). 
 

PIGLETS:

On Saturday we went to Baby Animal Days.  To be honest, I've been wanting to go since we moved here 3 years ago, but haven't felt validated in going without a child.  So, now that Hazel is old enough to enjoy a day at the farm, we went.

(I think I still may have enjoyed it more than her though)

Sidenote: Don't you just have to laugh at this goofus?  
She loves her sunglasses and will wear them all around town

GOSLINGS:

We have now come to my favorite part of the day which just happened to be all the baby birds.
Chicks
Ducks
and Goslings
Ohhhhh!
(yes, I got in a lot more "holding" time than Hazel did...)
 

GOOSE EGG:

Hazel must have been really sad to leave Baby Animal Days, because later that night she just had to get her very own goose egg....
(Nice play on words, right?)

She tripped over her bunny slippers and fell, eye-first into the chair.
She immediately looked like Quasimodo.

Poor thing!

16 comments:

Donene said...

I love her "piggy tails", and sorry about her "goose egg". She is so cute how could anybody think she was a boy!

cheeks said...

oh noooo! poor quasi! the good thing is that it wasn't her eyeball!

her little piggies are so so cute! just in the last post i noticed how long her hair was looking! such a big day in a little girls life when she gets her first pigtails!

don't worry, even when emri had lots of hair and a huge FLOWER on her HEADBAND some old guy asked me if she was a boy or girl!!! WHAT THE?!?!

what a fun little petting farm! so glad you have a little one to take now ;)

Melissa Rees said...

Wow that is a shiner!! Must have been farm animal weekend in Utah. Everybody got there farm on!

shauni said...

Yeah Hazel! I love her little pigtails. Baby animal days sounds fantastic, my kids would totally dig that. Bummer about the goose egg, poor baby.

Melissa said...

Who are these loosers that think Hazel is a boy!? She is ALL GIRL! I love her little pigtails...SO CUTE! She'll have the best styled hair around!

Baby Animal Days looked like so much fun. Where is it at? Looked like you really got in on the action...those baby pigs were pretty cute.

Her poor little goose egg! I'm glad that it didn't break the skin. She's had her fair share of bumps! Give her a squeeze from us! :)

Sammy said...

oh! her poor eye! poor thing, I'm so glad to see that you finally made it to baby animal days! I'm sure Hazel just loved it, and i love her hair! how fun that she can wear pigtails now, too cute. I can't believe that the bagger thought she was a boy! She is all girl, I'm sorry, i would've given him a piece of my mind! some people..

BreAnna said...

Oh sad goose egg. Her hair really is coming in, I can partially appreciate the no hair dilema, being the mother of a baldie as well, but my baldie is a boy so that's why it is only partially. You NEED to publish your blog book it will mean so much to you and validate all the time you spend blogging (at least it does for me) It doesn't take a ton of time and I would LOVE TO help you.

Rory & Lori said...

I don't think she looks like a boy at all! People always thought Kaemon was a girl, even if I dressed him in as boyish an outfit as you can imagine. Where is this animal place? It looks fun, maybe we will have to go there when we go vist my sis up in Logan!

April said...

Such a darling post Crystal. You always tie everything in so nicely. How could anyone think she was a boy!? She has such feminine features. Her piglets are cute. I look forward to the day we get to do hair too, but it won't happen anytime in the near future. Baby animal days looks so fun. My mom and sister took Elle for me while I was at work. Now I can see all the fun I missed out on.

Erica said...

Oh my goodness I love little baby pigtails. They make me giggle. I'm glad I never have mistaken her as a boy. I'm nervous of the Crystal wrath. I would have gone with you to baby animal days. I use to go way back in the day, sans child.

SHELLYFINCH said...

Her Piggy Tails are too cute! As for that goose egg...YIKES! Poor baby, but their will be many more of those to come!

hoLLY said...

oh i just love it when little girls have piggy tails and ponys! hazel looks soooo cute with them! how fun is that?! i swear everything is funner with kids!

Mary Ann said...

I love how creative you were with the title and flow of this post. You are a superstar mom!!! Your daughter is the cutest thing. Although you are looking really great. I love your life!

Monica said...

So cute! Her little goose egg looks like it hurst! Ouch!
I just laughed when I watched the video of her spraying herself with the water bottle-too funny!

And you are so skinny! you look so fabulous! And great job on the birthday party/cake/decorations. You are a pro!

Frost Family said...

Her hair is just Brianna's was. Dont expect to really do anything with it for another year...

Grandma and Grandpa Mac said...

The barn pictures are great. And those sunglasses, they're cool. Looks like fun.