Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A week of love

After my big announcement that I would be blogging more frequently, I'm sure you're all wondering why I've left up a boring post for 10 days.

The reason is that I've been busy having too much fun.

My incredible family has either been reading my blog and taking pity on me, or has spot-on intuition. They've been keeping me entertained for days on end.

Last week Taylor's mom came up to see Hazel and me and brought the most awesome craft with her. She actually made the whole heart from scratch and even cut the wood herself. Yes, she's creative, she's talented, she's artistic and I told Hazel that if she ever wants to do a craft she knows who to go to

(hint: it won't be me)

However, I will take credit for sewing the buttons in the middle of the flowers and nailing the arrow to the heart. I know, I'm awesome...
It was a great day and Hazel and I both loved spending time with her.


Then on Thursday, my dad called and asked if I wanted to go skiing on Friday while my mom watched the babe. Of course I said yes, so he drove all the way up to Logan just to pick me up.

Unfortunately, I forgot to take my camera skiing, although I don't think I would have gotten any good pictures if I had.
Snowbasin was in a cloud almost the entire day, which meant that I couldn't see much. And when I say I couldn't see much, I mean that I couldn't see anything... at all... unless I was about 1 foot away from it.
Despite my blindness, the snow was awesome and therefore lead to a great ski day. Thanks again dad!

(insert awesome picture of my dad and I shredding the slopes)

On Saturday, the boys went shooting so Hazel and I busied ourselves by:
Dancing with Grandma
Playing with the remote-controlled recliner

making valentines
eating an incredible prime rib dinner courtesy of my incredible mother
entertaining company
and enjoying some awesome entertainment
(I won, despite the fact that I didn't know Taylor's favorite genre of movie was Sci-Fi. Hello, what about all your lame Kung-Fu movies???)
We capped off the weekend of love by showing Hazel babe a little love.
Some friends brought us Valentine cupcakes and had made a teeny, tiny one for Hazel.

Of course I couldn't deny her a special mini cupcake,
so I let her at it...
I hope you all felt the love.
Happy belated Valentine's Day!

12 comments:

Melissa Rees said...

Wow, first comment! I'm LOVIN' that wood heart!! Not so good at crafts myself either, so I just buy the cute ones at Micheals!!!

Jed and Kera said...

We are totally lame-o-s here! Looks like you had so much fun! Your hair is getting long! and you look amazing! Miss you Obergs!

Sammy said...

Looks like a great week! I love the video of Lynnette and Hazel, she cracks me up with her cute laugh! and she's CRUISIN! so adorable. you look so good and so cute in that picture of you and Lynnette!

April said...

I will totally excuse your lack of blog posting since you were having a super fun time. The heart craft is darling, way to go on the buttons. I'm jealous of your ski day. I bet it was so fun. How nice of your dad. Glad you had a good V-day.

Erica said...

You have been busy! How on earth do you cut wood out in the shape of a heart? Haha, I'm not too bright when it comes to crafts of the woodsy type. I love your valentine's you made! You know my husband and his lack of a romantic bone(and I put no effort in knowing I won't get anything in return) so I'll just live vicariously through you!

SHELLYFINCH said...

Can Hazel's laugh be any cuter!?!!? I'm so jealous that you got to go skiing! Hopefully I'll get at least ONE day in next year. Happy Be-Lated Valentines Day to you too! XOXO

Nick and Kandi said...

How fun! Hazel is so big I can't even believe it. I love her little laugh!

cheeks said...

i LOVE your craft! so cute!!!!! we have ZERO valentine decorations. so sad! i'm jealous of your ski day! that was so thoughtful of your dad!

so, i guess that was just a little preview for hazels bday....way to get her practiced up on digging in to the cake!

sorry i was so short on the phone today! it has been a nightmare of a day....oh well! i'll try to catch ya again! have fun at convention...i'm always sad at this time of year, knowing you girls get to hang out all day....although,last year i was quite pre-occupied with my circumstances! ha ah!

Lonna said...

I was really feeling the love seeing those photos of Hazel demolish the cupcake. That is how one should eat cake for sure.

I love that you get to do things with your family so often, what a fun day to go skiing with just you and your dad. I think that you have earned yourself a 10 day blog gap for sure.

I like how you are all over the Valentine's Day crafts, do you think that you will be so festive for all the other holidays? Just wondering if you will have a four leaf clover on your door for March. Maybe you could send some of those creative vibes my way. I am in need of some serious holiday craftiness.

Mike and Kim said...

wait -- sci fi? Like what? Seriously, I need a list of Taylor's favorite science fiction movies, or else I don't believe it.

Looks like life in Logan is taking a turn for the better. Good thing, because I hear you missed your chance to go to Sweden. Better not slack on the FDA thing.

hoLLY said...

What a fun V weekend! I love the heart you gals made ! so cute! and little Hazel is such a cutie pie!

Steven and Megan said...

Oh i love that first picture of you! You look so pretty! And Im loving the crafty heart. Glad to see you had a good Valentines day.