Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The Time Has Come

Well, we finally had our family pictures taken.
Taylor set an obligatory 6 month waiting period prior to family pictures so that Hazel could grow out of her "squishy-little-alien phase". So here we are, 7 months later with some family pictures of our very own. Without further ado...

(just kidding, one more ado. Taylor wanted to make sure that everyone knows he doesn't have greasy hair although some of these pictures would suggest otherwise. I can vouch that his glorious locks are washed daily and always smell nice)
My BFF Gina recommended her co-worker Kylee take our photos. Prior to our session she made sure that I knew Kylee was just starting out and wanted to take some "practice sessions shoots". However, turns out that she was AMAZING! I was so impressed with how prepared, professional, and talented she was. She knew the best spots, the best lighting, the best props, the best everything.

We loved our first family photo shoot and want to thank Kylee AND Gina for getting so many great smiles out of Hazel. I highly recommend Kylee and her talents. If anyone is interested in some great pictures (which I'm sure everyone is), I have her contact information.

32 comments:

leah jane said...

you look so beautiful crystal in that second kissing picture - well, in all of them - but especially that one. so fun!

Maria said...

Those are so frickin' adorable!! I lover how colorful they are. Such a beautiful family you have!

April said...

Crystal, you look so pretty! And little baby Hazel is looking pretty adorable. Taylor's looking good too, and no, I don't think his locks look greasy, just very stylish. I'm definitely lovin your family pics.

shauni said...

Oh Crystal, I love these! I love Hazel's outfit, your matching hair flowers and the bright colors. I love the stuffed monkey, the picture with you and Taylor "fuzzy" in the background and even Taylor's greasy locks. Super, super cute, they were worth the six month wait. I am constantly trying to get Colby to take family pictures because they never seem to turn out how I want them to (granted 3 of the last 4 attempts I was either pregnant or had just given birth- I'm liking the six month waiting period idea!) I am secretly hoping for another attempt for a Christmas card picture when he is home for Thanksgiving (shhh.. don't tell him)

shauni said...

By the way, I forgot to mention that Hazel is looking like quite a petite little thing. Is it just because I'm used to my huge children, or is she a tiny little squirt? She is adorable!

E said...

SO cute!! You all look awesome! We have yet to get family pictures taken. It has turned into my one quest in life. One day I will achieve it. No Christmas cards or baby announcements either. I suck. I love how you guys are all coordinated.

Erica said...

Crystal, they are so cute!! I love Hazey's outfit. I totally love Taylor's hair, I think that's really cute too. The colors of these are fantastic. Oh the Oberg's probably are my favorite little family out there.

Donene said...

They are great! I really like the one with Hazel standing between you and Taylor.

cheeks said...

crystal! these are so dang cute! how could they NOT be with you 3 as the stars?! Hazel's bright outfit is to die for! Where on earth did you find that dress....and those boots?!?!?! She is to cute for words! I love the bright colors! your photographer seems to know what she's doing for just starting out! that's awesome! love them!

cheeks said...

ps....my faves are the one of her clapping and the one of you and taylor kissing....her face is so cute! she has the sweetest smile!

Melissa Rees said...

So cute! I'm still waiting on ours to get here so I can do our Christmas card. Grrrr, in-laws.....

Hanberg's said...

Oh my Gosh! The one of her on Taylor's shoulders and you guys kissing is the freakin cutest thing I have ever seen. Her smile is so precious!! And the ones of her standing are so cute too, they make her look so grown up! Love them!!

Anonymous said...

Too cute! Very well done. Love the photos, need I go on???

SHELLYFINCH said...

These are soo good! You have the cutest little family! I LOVE Hazel's dress, she always looks so stinkin cute, just like her Momma!

Sian said...

I love them! Hazel's outfit is adorable :-)

Jed and Kera said...

oh crystal... I love them all so much! You look great! Hazel did such a good job! I couldn't even pick a favorite picture! I do agree with leah I LOVE the kissing ones. I have to admit I'm a little jealous of your family pictures. I want so badly to get some done....but of course they are so expensive and we don't know anyone yet to know if someone does pictures for fun.

Unknown said...

Crystal you are amazingly photogenic! What gorgeous family pictures! Hazel just gets cuter every day :)

Unknown said...

So cute!! Hazel gets more adorable everyday!

Steven and Megan said...

Oh wow I LOVE these pictures! I can't pick a favorite but I really like the one of you and taylor kissing and Hazel is on his shoulders and I like the one where you guys are each holding one of Hazels hands. I like how colorful they are too. We are hopefully getting family pictures taken sometime in the next week

Lonna said...

Wow I am really jealous, and totally impressed. Family photos for us is not really a happy subject, I think that is because they don't really turn out so great, mind you we have had a few good ones, out of way too many bad.

Everyone looks so great, and happy to be doing the pictures, even baby Hazel looks as though she were ready for her close up from the start.

What a darling family you have, and I think that you are well on your way to some great future family photos as well. They all look so great. How do you do it?

Grandma and Grandpa Mac said...

Our favorite is Hazel on Taylor's shoulders laughing at you two kissing. The next one with her teddy bear is wonderful too.

Carolee said...

Those are so awesome!! She did a great job and you guys look great. I also LOVE the photo of Hazel clapping. She seems super photogenic...and we all know she gets that from you!!

Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks.

Mike and Kim said...

Those family pictures turned out Great!!! I can't believe how many good ones there are. I especially love Hazel girl and the monkey, and the blurry family one.
It looks like it was worth the wait for the doll baby phase verses the so called "squishy-little-alien phase".

P.S. Hazel was never a squishy-little-alien.

Sammy said...

Crystal those turned out so great! Hazel looks perfect in every picture smiling and beautiful! So sweet, i love them. Way to go, i'll have to keep her in mind for one day!

Melissa said...

Crystal...Ahhhhh! I love all of them! I don't even think I can pick a favorite. You all look great! YOU are beautiful! AND Hazel...ah! that little dress and her big blue eyes...LOVE HER! I love the 'locations'...so many great pictures. Are you going to get some blown up for your house? I love the one of Hazel clapping.

The Froerer's said...

Way cute pictures! And I love Hazel's little outfit too!

Mary Ann said...

First how great is Hazel? Crawling and everything! Second your family pictures are amazingly wonderful. Kudos to Kylee for doing a great job and to you, Taylor and Hazel for looking so wonderful

rupee40 said...

Oh, those boots! So cute. Hazel is so beautiful! The pictures turned out great. You guys are all so photogenic.

hoLLY said...

oh Crystal they turnes out amazing! she did a fab job! i love all the popping color!!! and you look so beautiful! that was so fun rumnning into you guys!

Lithie said...

holy mother of cuteness in all the universe!!! SERIOUSLY Crystal these are amazing! Hazel is just so darling, but we already knew that!
LOL @ Taylor and the comment you had to put in about his hair hahaha. Levi said the same thing about us waiting for a couple months for baby Emett to get out of his 'squishy-alien' phase lol isnt it crazy how all new born babies kinda look the same?
Anyway motherhood is so much work and so rewarding at the same time! Talk about feeling like a zombie with no freakin sleep!
You look amazing in the pics and i just love the ones with Hazel on Taylors shoulders and you two kissing, her expression is like "hey yeah! i have the coolest parents EVER, feel the LOVE!!" hahaha simply priceless. Love ya XOXO

Ana Maraea Ngawiki Torgesen said...

how freaking cute! our family pics were blah! anyways shiloah has the same monkey, mr. dangles! how cute it is her lovey!

Camisha Gollaher said...

Oh my heck Crystal...what a darling little family you have! I would get a mural of your close-up kissing picture (you're holding Taylor's hands & darling Hazel is on his shoulders with the biggest happiest smile a baby can smile) painted on your wall!!! It is beautiful. Absolutely breath taking. Thanks for sharing. Sure miss you. Too bad your not still around to partake in our annual white elephant gift exchange this year... you're missing out on a really nice (brand new-promise...receipt from 1997 is still on the box!!!) CRACKED TOILET SEAT! I hope it beats the lovely outlet covers & fart finger we've had in the past. :) I hope you have a wonderful Merry Christmas!