Thursday, October 30, 2008

Boy oh Boy!

I am interrupting this regularly scheduled week-long post to insert some exciting news. (oh wait, never mind, my last post was up for a week) Taylor and I went to our big 20 week ultrasound last night and found out we're having a.......





























GIRL!!!!!

To say that we're excited would be an understatement. And for all you who are wondering, we don't have a name picked out yet, although our 4 year old nephew, Ashden told us we should name her Cutie. We're taking that into serious consideration...

The radiologist said that everything is looking great and growing well. Apparently, we have a very wiggly little baby, some of which I'm able to feel now (hooray!). The baby has 2 of everything (that she's supposed to have 2 of), weighs 14 ounces, and is even further developed than what they thought she would be. Instead of 19 weeks and 4 days, the baby is measuring at 21 weeks with an estimated due date of March 11. I'm not surprised by this news, because at our first appointment our doctor told us that she thought I was about a week ahead of my due date. It's even more exciting to think that I might not have to wait all the way until March 21 to meet this sweet little girl.

And here is the playdough baby. This is a profile shot, you can see her eyes, nose and mouth, and you can even see her little hand at the right side of the picture.



I know... kind of freaky, but she is going to be so cute, I just know it!

30 comments:

shauni said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you guys. I was slightly thrown off by your tricky title- and I already knew you were having a girl. I'm sure your little girl will be beautiful and I'm so excited for Abbi to have a cousin so close to her age. Also, if by chance our baby comes out and she is actually a boy- I have will have something to do with all of this PINK!! We will have to make sure to get together a lot next Summer when we are "vacationing" in Utah.

Sammy said...

Crystal, congratulations! That is just the best news ever! I am so excited for you two. She IS going to be just perfect and beautiful I can't wait to meet her! Keep us updated on everything, that is so great you can feel her wiggles now!

Alisha said...

Congratulations! Little girls are a lot of fun. I know it is silly, but my first thought when I saw the picture was, "she has a mouth just like Megan's." It must be the Frost genes.

Ostler said...

I'm so excited for you!!! YAY! And, just so you know, it's okay if you tell people that you want to name your baby Mindy. No one will feel bad. I just wanted you to know. Anyways, CONGRATULATIONS! I can't believe you and Taylor always have babies! Plus, you guys are almost unsingle, and I'm way excited for that. Because then there will be a baby in our group! YAY!

cheeks said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well, I guess we're 2 for 3 if ya know what i mean! ha ha Crystal...i just keep waiting for the doc to push my date LATER....maybe you'll go a little early and our girls will be born really close together! I'm so excited for you guys! Those 3D ultrasounds are so cool....i can't tell who she looks like yet! Congrats!!!! PINK! PINK! PINK!

Jana Perkins said...

How exciting! Congrats. It's always so much fun to see what the sex of your baby will be. Put me on your baby shower list!

April said...

Oh Crystal you had me tricked! Yay! Little girls are so much fun! How exciting for you, now you get to pick out all of the cute little girl clothes and everything! Congrats on your big discovery :)

rupee40 said...

Congrats, that is so exciting! We'll have to arrange a hook up for Gavin and cute little miss in the future...Im so glad everything looks great. Your on the downhill slope now!

Kimberly said...

Congrats! That is exciting. She will be perfect. I love shopping for girls they have the cutest stuff.

paige and jord said...

CONGRATS CONGRATS! what a precious little girl- she's adorable, and i couldn't be more excited for you two! wahoooo!

SHELLYFINCH said...

Congratulations Hunny! I coudn't be more happy for you guys! and a girl at that matter! How fun is that going to be? I have to say, I'm a little jealous! I hope all is goign well!

Melissa Rees said...

You trickster! How exciting! Unfortunatley, you will now miss out on the lovely experience of being peed on during a diaper change! It's great-take my word for it!

Ali and Andrew Hyde said...

It is seriously amazing that they can take a picture that clear inside your stomach!!! I am SO excited and that that Cutie is the best name I've heard... Cutie Oberg it is- I'll put it in the newsletter! ; )

Monica said...

yay! I just I can't for you! That is great news to hear that your due date is moved up. The earlier, the better!
I'll be on the look out for girl things!!
And guess what?! I'm working again, 2 days a week. Back at Mansell's and it's been really good. When are we going to get together?? When are you free?

Monica said...

2 for 3??? I'm missing something...

Lonna said...

Hooray!!!! Oh Crystal I am so happy for you. It is so much fun to know what you are expecting. It is true that there are SO many fun and cute girl things out there, good luck with choosing what to buy. Maybe you should just buy one of everything.

You are going to be such a great mom, and I am sure that you will come up with the perfect name too, but I will warn you if you haven't figured it out yet that choosing the name is tricky, probably the hardest thing for us.

Donene said...

Congratulations! The Jones' haven't quite figured out how to have the female gender. It will be so exciting to find cute girl clothes. We are so excited for both of you.

Mike and Kim said...

She totally looks like you. If you were covered in playdough and swimming in amniotic fluid.

Congratulations, it looks like my gender predicting capabilities have been further vindicated.

Henry or Megan was also born in March -- I can't remember which. Or what day. But one of them was.

Hanberg's said...

Wahoo! I got your text yesterday and couldn't believe you already found out! I had to wait til I was about 25 weeks...not so fun. But boy oh boy I can't wait to shop for some super cute girly things! PLEASE make sure to tell me when your baby shower is so I can send something frilly and adorable. Hooray again!

hoLLY said...

yay!!! a little girl! how exciting! another girl for little Trae to chose from! jk how fun will girl shopping be! she is going to be adorable! you will have to let me know when your shower is! girl stuff is gunna be so fun, i wouldn't know but I can only imagine! haha congrats girlie!

Susan said...

I am a happy grandma!!--a girl--now we are almost even. I can just picture a little Crystal running around with blond curls and blue eyes!!!The shopping has begun--girls are definitely more fun to buy for...CONGRATULATIONS--I know she will bring as much joy and happiness to you as you have to me--love that little "cutie"

Carolee said...

Congrats on the little girl! You will have lots MORE cute stuff to shop for (it is not fair, but there is way more girl stuff than boy)! Another March birthday...keep 'em coming!! Can't wait to see that belly in person at Christmas time.

Aleese and Scott said...

A little girl! How fun that is such exciting news!! I am sure she will be absolutely beautiful!! Congratulations!

Emily said...

Yeah congrats!!!!!!! How fun!!!!! With a mom and day like you two, she is going to be a doll!!

Grandma and Grandpa Mac said...

Heh there, that's wonderful! We know she'll be a real cutie. Congrats, keep us posted.

Becka and Bennett said...

Crystal I am so excited! We cant wait to meet little "Cutie." Where did Ashden come from, he is so funny! But seriously the hard part begins now trying to pick a name! good luck with that! Glad to here everything is going well and ahead of schedule, that is the best news you can give a pregnant women! YOu look so great with your little belly! I think we are coming for Christmas. Cant wait to see you guys!

I am Chree-uz. said...

Crystal! Been a spell! Congrats on the baby girl!!! Suh WEET!! By the way, the word verification thing totally says "wacked," no lie.

Jena Hendry said...

That is such exciting news! I am so happy for you!

Natlee Lloyd said...

Ok Congrats! I didn't even know you were prego! I guess I am a little behind on blogging, no surprise there. I am so excited for you! you will be the best little mommy:)

Amber Jensen said...

I didn't know you were pregnant. I am so excited for you. You look amazing. Good luck! You are going to have soooo much fun. I love being a mommy!!!!! (Most of the time :)

I found your blog while looking at Melissa's-hope you don't mind that I peeked.