Monday, June 23, 2008

Weber State Weber State, Great Great Great!

I can't believe it's been two years since I spent every day in the same classroom in the Dumke Health Science Building at Dub State with the same 28 girls and 1 boy. Two years since I stressed over a scale check or spent 3 1/2 hours cleaning one patient. Two years since I looked at dental hygiene book, thought about Esther Wilkins or spent every waking moment worrying about taking not one, but five boards. Has it really been two years since Taylor and I dipped into our savings account every month to support two full-time students? Has it really been two years since we could barely afford groceries let alone a pedicure and dinner with the girls???

It has been two years since the class of 2006 graduated from the Dental Hygiene program and I couldn't have done it without these girls. I feel so lucky to have such great friends. Despite living hundreds of miles away from each other (Crystal-Logan, Melissa-North Ogden, Monica-South Salt Lake, Natalie-Provo, Jami-Ohio, Greece-Welcome home Kels!) and only seeing each other a few times a year, we never miss a beat when we get together. Thanks for the good times Melissa, Jami, Monica, Natalie and Kelsie!

A special thanks to Jami for letting me snake some pictures from her blog. (sorry jam, I didn't even realize how similar my post was to yours until after I'd written it). To see her awesome post on this subject click here

Then: (You can only look at these pictures close up by downloading them...)

Melissa, Crystal, Jami, Kelsie






Now:
Melissa, Monica, Crystal, Natalie



14 comments:

Erica said...

I think I need a pedicure...can we go there? Of course, after that we'll venture up to Rexburg and get a large burger. I hope in 2 years you can be like I knew Erica Gordon(because I'll be famous somehow...)

Melissa said...

I hope we can get together this summer too! I will be home from Aug 15th-30th so hopefully we can do lunch!

Sammy said...

How fun! I think it is great that you got your schooling all done and now look how well your doing! that is so great, I bet its so nice to be done. Good job, I bet its fun to get together with those girls.

Erin said...

Haha, seriously, you're more likely to get Shiloh to play for you than LeRand. The more time passes without him practicing the more self-conscious he becomes. If you don't tell him you're an amazing pianist he may be slightly more likely to play for you. I won't tell him, either. But I remember hearing you play a bit and it was awesome. I MISS YOU!!!

cheeks said...

yeah...i would definitely lay off those "asian places!" ha ha ha you crack me up! Wasn't that the best ever?! So glad you made the sacrifice and came down. It was so great to see you girls...it's like we never skipped a beat! Miss ya!

April said...

That makes me laugh that you only had one boy in your program. That's totally how my program was too, and we gave the guy so much crap about it. But how nice that you guys still take time to get together, and doesn't it feel nice being done with it, even after 2 years? I'm glad that we only have 1 full time student in our household now.

The Sayamas said...

I think the best friends are those who you can not see or talk to in a long time, but when you do you can just pick up where you left off like you were never separated. I love those kind of friendships. Especially because I am not the best at keeping in touch since I have gotten married, had kids, etc. It's so cool that you met such amazing friends in college! Looks like you had fun at Lake Powell!! We used to go every summer when I was little, I miss it so bad! You're way tan!

Melissa said...

That's it! I'm going to start tanning! :) Thanks for such a great post! That was so much fun to get together. I'm SO glad that you were able to make it down by 5:00. It made pedicures so much better to have you there! Thanks for the good times and awkward moments. ha ha ha We really need to get together more often...but you're right...we never skip a beat!

Melissa Rees said...

Two years?! That's crazy! Hope all is well with you. Give me a jingle next time you're in Ogden or Layton, I would love to see you now that I'm home!

Alisha said...

Looks like you had a great time, and I love your bangs. Hopefully we can all get together when we are in town (I will be there the whole time Kim and Mike are there, but Cory will only be there for two days). See you soon!

hoLLY said...

Hey you gals look like your having so much fun, but its so nice to be done with school! Where you girls are getting pedicures thats at my work! but I've only been here a year so I wouldn't have seen you! How fun, I love cute feet!

rupee40 said...

I bet you are so glad that is all in the past, congrats. Although, Im sure you miss being at good ol Dub State every day! Your lucky to have made such great friends to help you through school.

Monica said...

I really can't believe it's been 2 years! I miss hanging out with you girls daily.... :(

By the way, I love your new do-super cute. And Kels? When can we all get together again? I want to hear about the mish! Ha ha.

I'm sad I missed Jami when she came to town! I do miss those days. It seems like we've all changed a lot and gone through so much since than! If only we knew, right?

This was such a great tribute... thanks, I should probably put something like that on my blog.

Mike and Kim said...

Wow, I've never been one to say this, but your new haircut totally makes you look like mom.