We kicked off an awesome father's day/mother's birthday BBQ with a little croquet. Croquet anyone? We were pretty good if I do say so myself, but don't ask my dad how it went. According to him, we weren't "using our brains" and also "not using our ears". He set up the course and explained it to everyone; sounds pretty simple right? Wrong, none of us could remember how to play or which gate to hit the ball to next.
Happy Birthday Mom. I won't tell anyone how old you are. I also won't tell them that if they look real close, I outlined the numbers of your age in birthday candles. Good luck trying to decipher that mess. I couldn't even tell what the numbers were and I'm the one who put them on.
This past weekend Taylor and I went on a bike ride in North Fork Park by his parent's house. Oblivious Crystal thought we would be going on a nice paved little path. Little did I know Taylor was taking me on a legit biking "trail" (Not sure if it counts as a trail since you couldn't even see the so-called trail due to the insane amount of rocks and overgrowth). After an innumerable amount of scratches on my legs, pushing my bike up more than 3/4 of the way because of the steepness, falling off my bike twice into the bushes, some tears of frustration and some pretty choice swear words, we realized we'd missed the path 20 minutes back down the trail that would've taken us to the beaver ponds. Instead, our new path was taking us straight up the mountain and further from our destination. Sweet! Anyway, we back-tracked, made it to the real trail which was cleared and groomed and downhill all the way to the beaver ponds...
...where Erik and Sammy were waiting for us to go fishing.
We then hiked our way up to Weber High's football field to watch the fireworks. We had some good times listening to the pre-entertainment: a bunch of little kids singing; unsuccessfully trying to stay on tune. And old man winter drone on and on about families and friends and blah and blah.
Thanks for tuning into our action-packed weekends. Check back next week for some sweet 4th of July pictures
21 comments:
It sounds like you guys are as busy as us when it comes to family outings and activities!!! You are a good sport to go biking with Taylor too. Mtn. biking was never something I got into, and it sounded like quite the ordeal. Hopefully your scratches will heal soon!!!
you have me laughing out loud! I love the story of the biking incident...i can totally picture the frustration and hear those intense swear words! ha ha ha! That pic of taylor off in the trees says it all!
And, hello...the beer in the stroller?! Classic! Who are these people?! Gotta love public attractions...then all the carnies come out! So glad you're having a good summer!
That was so fun! I'm glad that you guys got to come down and give us some company! Those sandwiches did turn out pretty good I was so excited. I love Taylor on the Wii, it makes me laugh every time. Ha ha, it was perfect, looks just like him. Your Mii wasn't bad either!
When my little brothers made a Daren on the Wii they were twinners. I think that looks exactly like Taylor. I wish me and Daren did exciting things like you two. We're boring.
Don't forget(buffalo memory..) you promised we'd go biking sometime. But of course mine is a street bike so none of those fancy trails for me.
Ha I used to play croquet when i was younger but I never learned the rules either. That's great about the mountain biking! Good job sticking it out!
that stroller is so funny! Someones the people are far more interesting than the attraction! Your hair is awesome by the way, you look great!
Croquet was awesome...I still swear that dads ball never hit the wooden stake! Whats wrong with beer in a baby stroller? Look forward to seeing you soon...
you crack me up! It looks like you guys had a wonderful week/weekend! I can not believe the stroller, that's classic. You too sweet to comment on my style, girl look how dang cute you are at family functions. I swear I never get ready for those!
haha anyway your too cute! and looks like your having a fun summer.
I miss Pleasant View Founders Day! It's been a while since I watched the fireworks from the in-laws balcony. Kind of hard to that now since they moved to South ogden! And I promise I will never put beer in my baby's stroller!
There is nothing like a little misunderstanding at a family function. I am pretty sure that the first few years of our marriage might have been fights in the car on the way home from them. Naturally the first time you try to defend your family, then you just go with your spouse, I guess I learned the hard way.
Uhhh beer in the stroller, that is not just for special occasions around here. You can bet that half the strollers at the park on a weekday are like that, but at the really big events you better believe that they are packing in more that just beer. If you want an adventure you should check out some of the outdoor concerts here.
I saw a half naked man on a segway once, I almost peed my pants it was so funny. You know Austin. Keeping it weird.
I am excited to see your 4th of July pictures, you really know how to have a good time.
Wow...thats the type of quality people you get at Weber High's fireworks?! Beer and babies?! What is happening! I can't believe that you were so close to my house and I didn't even know. Next time you totally have to stop by and give me the update... ;)
Ahhh...I totally feel your pain on the up hill bike journey. SOunds like quite the adventure. I can totally picture it.
Hola, I don't know if you know me. My name is Ben. I don't think I could play croquet because I get too competitive and I would risk getting angry and wanting to use my mallet as a weapon.
There are two very relevant Calvin and Hobbes strips here (I finally realized you can leave links in the comment section!):
one
two
This post makes me totally home sick! Glad to see you guys enjoying yourselfs "Oberg Style" Nothing like going to the beaver ponds! We miss you guys like crazy!
You're in! You're in! I'm just bitter about how many comments you get! Ha! I do read your blog! I LOVE IT, plus you're pretty.
to answer your question, yes we really think she has learned to open the bathroom door. She can open the back patio door from outside just because it's kind've loose, but the bathroom door is harder because it's round. I just hope she doesn't learn to open the front door. She'll be outa here in no time. :)
You're so cute- I love your blog. I'm so entertained w/ every post. Could you try to post something everyday!?!?! It would really give me reason to stick around the office and stop eating out!!! Sure miss you Crystal!
Funny bike story. My first experience on a Mountain bike was Slick Rock... ummm, I walked A LOT. Not a good trail rider.
Sounds like you are enjoying your summer-definatly doing more than me!
Love the stroller, has so many more options than just carrying a child! Looks like your summer is off to an exciting one! You look great!
I love scouting out the trashy people at family functions. You can only imagine the things we see here in Kentucky! Beer in the stroller though, thats pretty bad. Im glad to hear that someone else gets competitive about croquet, no goofing off allowed!
I could so kick your trash at the Wii : )
Post a Comment