Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Lake Powell 2008

(FYI- Although we did get in some waterskiing and wakeboarding, I failed to take pictures of any of those events. Also, Taylor was not able to get the time off to come with us, hence the reason he's not in any of the pictures. And, on another side note, the water was FRIGID!)

A Frost family vacation to Lake Powell consists of a whole lot of work. Packing, unpacking, loading, unloading, driving, and setting up on the beach. But once all the work is done, this is how we play:
Plenty of relaxation (i.e. sitting around)






Climbing up and jumping off anything that we could find






Hiking and adventurizing







Lots and lots of gaming (Phase 10, Dominos, Golf, Uno, Scattergories, Black Jack, and 21. Logan was the champ at 21)


Plenty of good eats

Mom planned a luau one night, good times!





and of course, quite a bit of goofing off






21 comments:

Erica said...

Crystal those pictures are fabulous. That really does look like a great time. I'm jealous you got to be out having a great time while I was back working. But, really think of how burnt I would have gotten. I'm still jealous though. I can sit on a boat with the best of them...I'll go next year ;)

Becca said...

Oh Man is that the biggest bummer we couldn't go, or what!! I am glad you guys had a great time- we totally are bummed out. You look great BTW.

Carolee said...

That looked so fun!! Looks like you had a blast...but it seems like one thing was missing in those pictures. Well, two things: ME and Waterskiing!! What happening to Lake Powell and Waterskiing?? The water looked great! Hopefully, next year we can be in those pictures. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Sammy said...

Those pictures are great, especially the belly at the end. I love Lake Powell and I'm totally jealous! I bet Taylor missed you and was so sad he wasn't able to go. Looks like you had a really time.
I'm really hoping you guys are coming to the Marriott reunion this weekend. camp out in 98 degree weather, could get interesting...

Mike and Kim said...

All last week I thought about sitting on the beach at Powell, the sun going down, sifting my toes through the sand while catching the scent of warm peach cobbler.

By the way, I know you totally posed in front of the anatomically correct pictograph on purpose.

April said...

Wow I love your pictures. Sadly I have never been to Lake Powell, but I hear it's awesome...and it looks awesome! I bet Taylor was bummed that he couldn't go. I especially like the picture of you jumping off that gigantic rock. It looked exhilerating :) I'm glad you were able to get some time to spend with your family.

Melissa said...

What an amazing trip! I am totally jealous of all of the fun and the great tan you came home with! Ahhh... Looks like your family really knows how to have a good time. Poor Taylor!

Yesterday was so much fun...we need to get together more often. Esp. for pedicures...they were 'much better than the Asians do them'... ha ha ha You're SO CUTE! Glad ya made the sacrafice to drive all the way down from Logan.

Becka and Bennett said...

Crystal that looked like so much fun! By the way I love your swim suit LOL!

Monica said...

I love Lake Powell! There is nothing better than playing games, exploring, napping, and all the other things to do (or not to do)! So much fun! I too also love the swim suit!

Frost Family said...

We had a freakin' great time! I'm glad you got to go, hopefully next year Taylor Bear can go so i wont be the only one getting yelled at for not using my brain...

rupee40 said...

Oh that looks beautiful! Im always hearing about Jeff's fun trips to Lake Powell...yet, I've never been since I was 3. It's about time I think. What a fun summer trip, after all the work at least.

Lonna said...

That is a pretty great spread of photos, how long did it take to upload all of them? Oh how I miss the freezing cold water, and scorching sun of Utah.

That looks like a great trip. I am sure that there are some pretty sad family members that had to miss out on that one.

It is no wonder that all I have ever hear about the Frost's is fun, and more fun.

Colby said...

It looks like you guys had a great time, Lake Powell is always a fun trip. Sorry the water was freezing! We can't wait to see you guys in a week or so.

Steven and Megan said...

I'm glad you guys had a fun vacation! It looks like you guys had a blast, except I'm not too sure about the snake it looks like you guys were tryin to catch... I've never been to Lake Powell so I should get Steve to take me :)

The Shaws said...

FUNNNN!! I love that place and am so jealous!

The Shaws said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I love lake powell so much. I haven't been able to go this year because of being pregnant. My fam has said the water is so freezing because of all the run-off from the mountain. You guys looked like you had a ton of fun.

hoLLY said...

Crystal how fun!!!! I freaking love Lake Powell, it looks like you had lots of fun, sad that Taylor missed out! You look so good. I wish we could go this year but with baby on the way there is no way Im slipping on a swin suit ha ha!!!

Donene said...

What great pictures you have, it looked like it was so much fun. I loved the picture of you standing in the sand mud. It looked like you were standing in carmel brownie batter.(maybe I am just hungry.)Sorry that Taylor couldn't go.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had so much fun! Isn't Lake Powell the best?! I love the Luau idea!

cheeks said...

crystal!! How is it possible to look so cute in lake powell pics? You and your sis are beautiful sun goddesses! I always look like a drown rat in pics at powell! ha ha

I would have been nowhere near that snake...aagghh!!

I'm so jealous of your trip! You looked so cute and tan at our pedi's.