This past weekend me, Taylor, Erik and Sammy drove down to Las Vegas for Bennett's graduation from Medical School. It was a bitter sweet trip because after four years of visits every couple of months, they will be moving to Washington D.C. for Bennett's Opthamology Residency. This means that we are going to see a lot less of some of our favorite people, but we are excited for all the adventures that await them.
While we were in Vegas, Taylor and I visited my brother and his wife. They have the cutest little boys in the world. Isaac boy loves to have his picture taken and is the best poser.
Baby Andrew is so sweet and didn't make a peep the whole time we were there
Isaac loved playing with uncy Tay and wanted to hold his hand everywhere we went
We took the boys to the park and had a good time with Jared and Carolee
Of course, since we were in the gambling capital of the world I had to play the slot machine, especially since I am almost 24 and have never really gambled before. Don't tell my Bish... I guess lady luck was on my side because I won 5 bucks.... twice! (ok, ok, I know that's not a big win, but at least didn't loose money).
Las Vegas has some of the best parks I've ever seen. We took Ashden to play in the water and he loved all 10 minutes of it. He played fast and hard and then decided he was done.
We also went to check out the Big Horn Sheep that like to hang out at the parks by Lake Mead
Baby Mayce is about the cutest, most petite little thing you will ever see, and here you get a great shot of her two new teeth
Sunday was Bennett's graduation, he had a whole slew of family there to support him
And here is a typical Oberg family photo
Congratulations Bennett/Dr. Oberg, you've worked hard and we're so proud of you!
(a special thanks to Becka for letting us crash at her house during this hectic time)
19 comments:
Viva Las Vegas! I am really impressed that you came out of the slots up ten bucks! Nice Work.
I guess that you will have another reason to visit D.C. I think that Mike and Kim will love that. I love that you travel all the time, what an exciting life you lead. You must have a ton of frequent flier miles.
I was surprised to see mountain goats, I will admit, but that looks like fun. We love animals around here. And I like the family photo.
we don't have any frequent flyer miles. We drove and didn't get home from Vegas until 3:00 monday morning, I had to be up for work at 6:30... it was a long day.
We are glad we got to see you guys on your busy trip. We hope you can still come to Vegas to visit with Bennett gone?!? We have an EXTRA BEDROOM just for guests!! And it doesn't require a flight. Thanks again for the visit; it was fun.
PS We tried out Super Mex that very next day (Saturday) and LOVED IT!!
Crystal, weren't you there with me when I lost my ten bucks on slots on the cruise. Dammit.
Taylor totally looks like he is ready for one of those kids on his lap to be his own.
P.S. This is Kim, and Mike actually lost $20. Dammit.
You were playing the slots--and you're the Relief Society Pres--what would your mother think???? Looks like you had a great time--I'm jealous that you got to spend time with my Vegas buddies--and I can't wait til Saturday and your "magic birthday"--See you soon...
I love your pictures, you got some great ones. I love the family picture, yup, pretty typical! so funny. that picture of you and Mayce is so cute! You are so photogenic. We'll have to plan a trip to DC to visit them one of these days.
Yes, we'll have to change our camping plans, dang rain. hope you have a great birthday saturday!
I LOVE THAT PICTURE OF TAYLOR. For once he really looks happy! That is how Boston Family pictures turn out but its normally Michael who has everyones attention and he's 15.
I need to go to Vegas with you apparently cause I never have really enjoyed that place when I've gone.
What a fun trip! Vegas looks so nice and warm. You guys are quite the fun seekers. FYI, we are moving and will have an EXTRA BEDROOM also (at least until November 4th), if your travels take you to the midwest I hear we are great entertainers!
Too bad we just missed ya! You'll have to come see me in Vegas when you get the chance. It was good to talk to ya the other day, I miss you and our juvenile days...:)
Wow what a fun trip! And how nice that you got to see some of your family too. So you've never gambled before huh? I never have either...would you recommend it? I guess you would if you never lost and won five bucks huh? ha ha ha.
I loved our little Vegas trip... that's when our relationship really blossomed, don't ya think? Ha ha.
Did I read your mom's comment about Relief Society pres? How do you feel about that one?
Looks like ya had a great time in Vegas. You're little nieces and nephews are SO cute. You're a natural. Do you have anything you want to tell us? ;) (ha ha ha...just kidding)
Congrats Dr. Oberg. That's such a huge accomplishment! Opthamology is totally the way to go! What a great feeling!
I forgot to ask you about your new title...R.S. Pres! How's it going? I'm sure you're doing a great time and making sure that all the sisters in the ward have their needs met.
Have a great Birthday on Saturday! Hope you're going to do something fun.
RS PRES?!?!? SA-WEET! Just get pregnant, then you're only guaranteed a 9-month calling! ha haha
Fun trip....way to work the slots!
I love the family picture with all the craziness going on! Those kids are so cute, I love that he played for 10 mins only! And what is this about RS Pres? new post please!
You have some cute kids in your family! Can't wait to see what your kids look like!
I have a question, do you still work for a dentist? I have some issues with my teeth right now and I don't know what to do. My former dentist was a crook, and the one I went to after that I decided I really don't like...long story but I don't know what to do.
By the way you look gorgeous in all these pictures, you have always been so photogenic!
Well if you need to feed your new gambling addiction you are always welcome in Reno!
I had done a draft of that previous post and didn't realize that it would post before the Archuleta one. :( Now I won't get any comments on it. Can't wait to see your birthday post, haha!! Did you get my message on your phone? And you don't even have a comment? :) Wait, now I can't remember what I said in the message I left you...
Oh, see, you are a fun Aunt! I love that! I never knew how fun it would be to be an Aunt! I cant even wait to she is bigger and i can take her to Disneyland! Ha!!
I agree with you! Vegas has the best parks! I miss it there!!
Thanks for your good luck comment! You are so great!!
Post a Comment