Friday, May 09, 2008

The Happiest Place On Earth!

I know that you're thinking this doesn't look like a business related trip, but that's exactly what it was and that's exactly what we did.... all business.

First item of business:  Take Chelsea on her first trip out of the grand ol' state of Utah...ever! and put her on her first flight
(a little nervous, but she did great)
Second item of business:  Take Chelsea to see the ocean at Newport Beach
(this quite possibly could have been the best part of the trip.  One day I will live on the beach!)

Third item of business:  Eat so much that you make yourself sick everyday 
(This one I can definitely check off)
Fourth item of business:  Sit in the hot tub almost every night
(no I'm not trying to snub Chels out of the picture, she told me if I posted this photo on the blog there would be hard feelings...)
Fifth item of business:  GO TO DISNEYLAND!!!!


Sixth item of business:  Get soaked the third ride of the day on Splash Mountain so that you remain wet the rest of the day .... (especially if you're one of the unlucky two who wore jean capris)

Seventh item of business:  Eat at the Blue Bayou Restaurant (aka- the Pirates of the Caribbean restaurant) and introduce Chelsea and Wendy to their fabulous Monte Cristo Sandwiches
This also falls under Item number three
Eighth item of business:  Try on lots of hats that in real life might be embarrassing but in Disneyland are the cool thing to do...

Ninth Item of business:  Almost pee your pants on the Tower of Terror (yeah, I was terrified, but take note of Dr. B and his wife Traci behind us, they were cool as cucumbers)
Tenth Item of Business:  Win a major award!  (aka- passes that got us into a dance party after the park closed and then gave us an extra hour to ride all the rides without any lines)
Eleventh Item of Business:  Wear funny glasses to Honey I Shrunk the Kids
This again falls under item number three.  
Rainforest Cafe was fabulous!
Refer to Item eight.  Erica did end up getting her ears and carried the Disneyland spirit for us throughout our whole trip.
Twelfth Item of Business:  Go to California Adventure and ride the best roller coaster of all times!
Thirteenth Item of Business:  Feel bad for Erica and Chelsea's feet that were covered in blisters and then laugh at Chelsea when she sticks a napkin in her shoe to relieve the pain.
Fourteenth Item of Business:  Pose for every picture on space mountain.  

Fifteenth Item of Business:  Attend the California Dental Convention.  This was the real reason we were here and can you believe I didn't even get pictures of it?? I promise we went...

Again.. Item Three- You gotta love the Mason Jars, I know we did
And how can you eat without bibs?
A special thanks to Dr. Boston for taking us on a trip of a lifetime, we loved it!

21 comments:

Sammy said...

Soooo much fun! i'm totally jealous i love disneyland! but who doesn't i guess. Tower of Terror is the BEST ride ever!!!! it scares the crap out of me too, I'm glad you got to go and have such a great time! that is so exciting! Love the pictures.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh how much fun!!!!! I don't know who Chelsea is but I can't believe she has never been out of Utah: not to Bear Lake, or Vegas or anywhere? That is crazy! I love all girls trips they are the best!

Steven and Megan said...

I love Disneyland!!! Looks like you had a blast :)

Rob and Bri said...

I am so jealous of you. I want to go to Disneyland on "business."

cheeks said...

wow, i could definitely use a "business trip" like that!! I had friday off this week and it has been the best/most productive weekend since i started 5 day weeks! I can't imagine a few day away! So fun! I love disneyland! You guys look like you had a ton of fun...what great girls you have to work with! Dr.B sure knows how to keep his employees around!

Melissa said...

WOW! Dr. Boston really knows how to treat his employees...(was he there? he's not in any pictures.) The girls you work with look fun to hang out with.

The food looked fantastic (did you get a turkey leg or any Mickey Mouse shaped ice cream?). Disneyland is the happiest place on earth...How could ya not LOVE it.

I also would love to live in Newport Beach...do ya think our husbands would support us if we moved down there?

Loved your post and all of the pictures. You're as hot as ever!

Anonymous said...

Love this post! I love D-land. It's truly the happiest place on earth. Looks like you guys had such a happy time!

shauni said...

You have the best job! Where do I sign up? It looks like you guys had a blast, I'm incredibly jealous- I would love to go to Disneyland right now. (okay, maybe right now, but anytime that I am not pregnant I would love to go to Disneyland) I'm glad you had a great trip.

Anonymous said...

Hey you did your tri!! Way to go!! You look great!! When is the next one? Want to Ogden Valley with me in September??

And do you need another hygienist?? Ha! How fun!!

Erica said...

Crystal...I totally love this post. Probably because I'm a rockstar in it and I tend to be self centered. I love getting complimented by being a "great girl to work with" I think I'm pretty awesome.

I love that Tower of Terror picture. It is a classic. My parents love that ride, and it shows!

I too hate that hot tub picture but sometimes I have to swollow my pride and realize everyone gets a crappy photoshoot sometimes.

P.S. For the record...I am a real pirate!

Lonna said...

Now that looks like a celebration, not a convention. But who cares about a little think like a convention when it is surrounded by all these other wonderful things.

How fun that you were able to be there for someones first trip on a plane, and to the happiest place on earth.

I love that you ate at so many great places, I LOVE to eat out. Basically so that I don't have to do the dishes.

I love the picture of you on the Tower of terror, you really crack me up. And you are so right denim never makes for quick drying. It sure looks like you are keeping busy, and having so much fun. I love seeing your pictures.

April said...

That looks like the best business trip ever!!! I love California so much, especially the beach. I've never been to Newport beach, but I hear it's fantastic. Very cute pictures too. Oh, this blog makes me want to ditch work, and head out there tomorrow!!!

Kristina said...

Hey what a very small world.. I came across your blog and wanted to say HI...ummmm so HI... I used to live by Taylor and were in the same ward and I was best friends with his cousin Shaylee from junior high and high school...Check out my blog at olsen4.blogspot.com.. I am so jealous you got to go on such a fun trip to Disneyland..Hope all is well with you two... Kristina(Bastow)Olsen..

Monica said...

Maybe Disneyland is better without kids??? You might have convinced me!!!! Ha ha. Actually, I think any trip with Crystal is fun!

Stay tuned for my crazy tri experience!

Erin said...

Poo, the only I get from my work are colds and headaches :) And paid for playing cards and laughing at dumb jokes. I guess it evens out.

Mary Ann said...

It looks lide so much fun!!!! I am truly jelous of you and the fun you had! One day I will work in a cool office where it is fun to hang out with each other! Just color me GREEN!!!

April said...

Crystal, thanks for the Radiohead affection affirmation. I'm glad that you agree. I always appreciate your comments.

Monica said...

Wow, you really know how to make me feel good! Thanks for all the comments-you really embaressed me! I really hope you'll join me one day. You could totally do it!

Oh yeah, about that tan.... it's called an air brush tan... totally worth it. There was no way I was going to wear spandex with white legs!!!!!

Frost Family said...

your business trips are a lot better than mine, it looks like you guys had a blast. Never been out of the state of Utah you say? is that possible!?

Grandma and Grandpa Mac said...

Looks like you had a great time. But, I thought Logan was the happiest place on earth.

Aleese and Scott said...

Crystal you are too funny. I read your comment on Erin's blog and I just laughed. I remember the days of studying for astronomy together and my dad telling you to move your car out of our yard because of your BYU plates. I love it! Anyways I always check your blog out to see what is going on but I though I would comment. Looks like you had a fun vacation I am jealous!