Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Happy Happy Birthday Taylor Bear!

It was Taylor's birthday on Monday and it's official, all his wildest dreams have finally come true. Taylor pooled his birthday resources and bought an iPhone. We want to thank both of our parents, Grandma and Grandpa Shaw and Grandma Oberg for their donations to his birthday fund. Also, a special thanks to our parents for both of the wonderful birthday dinners.

The iPhone works out great for me too because now Taylor's "old" ipod gets passed on to me as a replacement for my broken ipod. Isn't he cute? Especially now that he looks like a person instead of an animal (i.e. bear or lion... he's been compared to both). Happy Birthday Tay Baby, you old man you!

By the way, Taylor really enjoyed the card I gave him because it completely captured our relationship. He told me that I should post it on the blog so that everyone could enjoy it.


13 comments:

Lonna said...

Oh Taylor, James is green with envy!!He has been begging me for one ever since they came out, but our contract is not up for a few more months. I guess that we will see what resources he will pull to get one then.
A happy birthday to Taylor. There is nothing quite like a birthday celebration. How fortunate for you that you just came into a new ipod as well. It sounds like it was a great day for both of you.

cheeks said...

wow....brett has been hinting towards one of those for a while though!! Happey Birthday Taylor! It' scrazy how different someone can look with a clean face! I'm really liking the current look!

Susan said...

Happy Birthday Taylor--so glad we could spend some of it with you!! (and thanks for teaching us how to play settlers--I love that game (course I did win . . .) Glad you got something you wanted--I guess the gun will show up at Christmas??

PS--your hair looks great--and don't forget--GIRLS wear flip flops to Church (ha,ha). . .

Erica said...

An iPhone, how fabulous. Glad you got something out of the deal too! Phones are getting so fancy these days...what will they think up next? Taylor's hair(and face) looks nice. I was a fan of the "deputy oberg" look though. It was 'pretty kick ass'. LOVE THE CARD! You really did hit that one on the head.

Erin said...

Hahaha!! What a great card! I'm so glad to see you guys are mac people, we converted about 2 years ago. LeRand had been talking recently about getting a new macbook for graduation (in a year, he likes to give me time to think about things) and I said fat chance, but then felt bad for shutting him down so quickly, but I stumbled upon what most people know already, that you can replace the stock with a bigger hard drive and replace memory as well. So we did and he got a "new" computer for about $140 or so. Mac can conquer the world, I'm down. Monterey isn't 'til Summer or Fall of '09, so we have over a year to try to get together, don't worry yet :) It sucks living far from you, looser slots :(

Monica said...

Happy B-day Taylor! I must say that I'M jealous of the phone! Those things are so sweet!
Crystal, I did get your email and I guess I'm a retard for not replying?! Check your inbox.

And I have to comment on the new look-LOVIN IT (that's for Taylor-Crystal, you always look hot)! :)

Erica said...

P.S. I'm glad I stemmed a whole conversation on what brother is the funniest in your family. Who would of thought something I just said in passing would cause some a conversation.

Mike and Kim said...

Happy birthday Tay baby. I expect a full post on your iPhone experience so that I can see if it will ever be worth prying open my rusty wallet.

By the way, fantasy soccer rules, and I'm wearing my sandals to church as soon as it is warm enough. I hope some woman wearing open-toed or strappy shoes gives me a look.

Becka and Bennett said...

O crystal that card is soooo funny! What would we do with our TV watching Obergs! Happy Birthday Taylor and yes the Iphone looks very cool!

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a fun gift!.... And for you too!!

rupee40 said...

Hey Taylor Happy B-day!!! I kinda of miss your Grizzly Adam's look!!! But hey now you look like your not 26 anymore, young dude!!! Have fun watching tv on your mini screen when you get tired of that big TV you got!!!!!!

April said...

Colby has an iPhone too. He will get addicted to it. Colby can't leave it alone. I absolutely LOVE the card by the way.

Jenni said...

Love the card.... very fun. Happy Late Birthday.