Friday, January 04, 2008

Christmas 2007

Ok, seriously I took like 100 pictures over the holidays. I will only post a select few, but it will be hard to narrow down since we had the most action-adventure packed holiday ever. Sit down, buckle your seatbelts and enjoy the ride of Christmas in Utah (this is for you Mike).

Christmas Eve breakfast at Cracker Barrel with Carolann and Grandma and Grandpa Cisney


The Deer family that frequented our backyard to eat all the bushes. I thought they were cute...Dad shot at them with a BB gun.

"The God of all Cheddar Cheese" (Craig Oberg). Taylor and I purchased some Cougar Gold special reserve aged (2 years when purchased) cheddar from the Univ. of Washington for our parents. Since Craig is the cheese master and this is his favorite of all cheese you know it has to be the best. (we also got some for Dad, but don't plan on seeing that broke into for another 15 years...)

The only two Oberg grandkids: Ashden Spiderman Web (aka Ashden) and Baby Girl (aka Mayce)

My first attempt ever at Cross-Country skiing. Fun, but not as cool as downhill.

Some fun in the snow at the Oberg's house on Christmas Eve day.





The famous Oberg stocking picture

Christmas Morning at the Frost's house. Taylor looks happy right?




Some sweet snowmobiling

Skiing at Brighton with the Frost family. Don't worry Taylor, I spared you the humiliation by not posting the "I almost bashed in my knee on the GD rock" picture. (if you were there you know what I'm talking about and you will laugh, if not, don't ask)
Crystal, Colby, Jared

Dan, Taylor, Colby, Shauni

Dad, Jared, Logan

On Sunday was baby Andrew's blessing. That morning we got like a foot of snow. Colby and Taylor were out shoveling the driveway and apparently it was some seriously hard work because if you look real close at this picture of Colby's back you will notice the steam rising off of it...

Glad I got to sneak in a little time with my nephew before they move to Vegas.

Jared's cute family on Andrew's big day: Carolee, Andrew, Isaac, Jared

The best Frost family picture that we could muster

Happy New Year! (Taylor really does like when I kiss him, promise)


Mike we missed you and your family. Hope this made you feel like you were here.

14 comments:

Sammy said...

Looks like you had a fantastic Holiday season! Wow, I'm ashamed to say that I didn't get to take very many pictures, I just didn't whip out my camera very much. But looks like you got some good ones! Good job. Hopefully we get to see you guys soon, we hardly saw you and you were here for like 2 weeks!

BreAnna said...

You look cozy with that little newborn, I think you are ready! It is the hardest thing when you get back from christmas to decide which pictures to post, great choices, they are great. Is his middle name really spiderman? that is so cool. and cheese, who knew? I would like a bite of finely aged cheese sometime. All that snow was amazing too, what a wonderful white christmas! Glad yours was so nice.

Alisha said...

It looks like you guys had a great time this Christmas and that you got a lot done. Hopefully you are enjoying the Logan winter!

The Obergs said...

no breanna, his name is Ashden Bennett Oberg, but he is pretty sure that his name is spiderman

Mike and Kim said...

I know that you posted this for me, but in reality each picture was like a dagger to the heart. Look at all that damn snow, and cute baby Drew. Kim gets to come out tomorrow and experience all the fun, but I'll be here slaving away...

It looks like it was a great ol' Frost family Christmas break. I wish I have been there in the thick of things with the GD rock incident and another holiday game fight. I'm glad Jared wasn't the instigator this time.

And I don't think that was steam coming off of Colby's back, it looks more like a poltergeist.

Thanks for the pictures, and I'm glad you had fun, you jerk.

Lonna said...

Wow you really made the rounds for the holidays. I am glad to see that you had your camera handy. I love to have a little glimpse into you and your family's lives. I think mostly because of stories that I have heard from Mike and Dan. That little Andrew is super cute and tiny. I thought that he would be bigger considering the size of his darling cheeks when he was born.

Thanks for keeping us updated. I am excited to see how your 2008 gets started.

Erica said...

ok, so Taylor definitely looks like a morning person in that picture of you two on Christmas.

I'm glad you take lots of pictures. I'll learn one of these days, but not much was happening for my Christmas.

Skiing, not so much fun for me but I have experienced cross country in middle school (we did it in gym) and I died, it was horrible.

However, I'm glad you had a good Christmas and that you got to see almost all your family. And I LOVE how in the Frost Family picture you and Taylor are the only ones looking at your camera- thats how it always turns out in mine too.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a very Merry Christmas. Also, looks like you are getting a lot of practice with your cute nieces and nephews! Anyway, ask you brother in law if he remembers me. I used to date one of his high school friends- D.J. Wade. Anyway, they used to be friends. I didn't realize Erik was your brother-in-law. Crazy world!

Monica said...

Fun times! I wish I could go skiing-it's been so long I can't remember the last time I went. That is sooooo sad.

I'm glad you got to hold new babies and eat lots of cheese!

Susan said...

We did have a fun time didn't we!!!--it went way too fast and I am sad it is over . . . Mike, we missed you incredibly, but I'm pretty sure you would have been in the thick of the Disney Scene It fiasco--no more that or the animal game--they sound like such tame games, what is wrong with us!!??--for the Frost family (why are we so danged competitive--"it's just a game". Thanks Crystal for this post, I loved it.

rupee40 said...

Looks like a fun Christmas! Only tell Taylor not to look so excited about Christmas...its only the most wonderful time of the year. What cute nieces and nephews, I bet they love you guys. We really should get together next time we visit. Hopefully this summer sometime.

BreAnna said...

Well Bennett is a cute name too, I acutally know a boy whose real given middle name is Batman, I was just wondering if a trend may be starting. Spiderman sound like a pretty good self given name, then he doesnt have to be mad when he is 40 that his name is Batman.

shauni said...

Crystal, thanks for the great post, we had a great time with you guys. I did laugh ( a lot) at the mention of the "I almost busted my knee on a GD rock" incident. I found it interesting that this picture didn't make the cut, but the picture of Colb in his g's with steam coming off of his sweaty back did. I had to laugh at that too. By the way, Colby and I really want to see that picture- maybe you can email it to us. Thanks for all the great pix and the Bingo Bango comment on our blog.

Skye said...

That is so weird how we know the same people. Did you know Sammy is my step-cousin and Jena is my husband Erik's cousin. Small world. I hope you're doing good and still like hygiene.