Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Tag I'm it????

Alright, this week has been rather dull, nothing new to report. However, I'm getting real tired of looking at my same old post. So I'm sure if I feel that way, other people must too right? Anyway, I never wanted to part of this "tag" business, but out of lack of boredom, and for want of different scenery, I'm going become a tag-ee so bear with me....

4 places I have lived...

1. Layton, UT
2. Provo, UT
3. South Ogden, UT
4. Logan, UT
(uhhh...this list made me realize that I have got to get out a little more)

4 places I have gone on vacation...

1. Mexico City, Mexico
2. Austin, TX
3. Of course the ever favorite Lake Mead
4. The Caribbean (Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua, St. Maarten, St. Thomas)
5. The Bahamas (Nassau, Coco Cay) + an extra side trip to the fabulous Florida Keys
(ok, this list made me feel a little better that I've only ever lived in Northern Utah)

4 jobs I have had...

1. Dental Assistant
2. Courier for Mountain View Title
3. Front desk girl/smoothie maker at Gold's Gym and Crossroads Fitness
4. Dental Hygienist

4 foods I like...

1. Any kind of Italian food or creamy pasta
2. Taquitos (aka rolled tacos) especially from Betos (I know, I know... I'm risking my well-being by eating there)
3. Any and all kinds of desserts (icecream, cakes, pies, cookies, etc...)
4. Fondue (basically any kind of cheese, cheese byproduct, or cheese sauce)

4 Hobbies...
1. Playing the Piano- I've been playing for years and years and am lucky enough to have a piano in my home (courtesy of my parents). I'm also lucky to have a chance to play often since I'm the primary pianist, and choir pianist.
2. Reading- I have always been a big reader and recently made a list of classics that I would like to read. I just finished Uncle Tom's Cabin and just started Les Miserables.
3. Snow skiiing and water skiing- courtesy of Papa Frost. (Dad, thanks for the patience and years you've spent teaching me. Hopefully it's paid off a little bit now that you have 5 ski buddies to go with)
4. Cleaning- Taylor often tells me I'm OCD or "crazy" because I am organized and cleanly to the extreme. I have to have things orderly, what can I say?
5. Blogging- really, how dorky can I be? I can't believe I just listed this as a hobby, however it does take up a fair amount of spare time.

4 things people don't know about me... This is tough, I feel like I'm an open book...

1. I can belly dance (roll my stomach), contort my tongue to look like a flower, and pop my hip-joint out of place. I also have double jointed thumbs.
2. I am obsessed with having a clean bathroom, but I HATE cleaning my bathroom. Mostly because when a wet hair gets stuck between my fingers it makes me gag.
3. I LOVE taking showers, not just any shower. It has to start out really hot to warm me up and then I turn the temp to just warmer than luke-warm. I then lay on the bathtub floor for probably about 15-20 minutes while I pretend I'm in a tropical paradise laying under a waterfall or I read all the labels on my shower products and then commence trying to pronounce (out loud) all of the ingredients in said shower products.
4. Even though I am an avid tabloid junky, I adamantly oppose celebrities, their beliefs, their actions and their lifestyles. I hate the fact that we in America raise celebrities up to a demi-god/goddess status. I hate that hundreds of thousands more people vote for the next American Idol than for their next president. I secretly get mad at myself for enjoying the celebrity news channels and celebrity reality shows, but in the same breath it's like I can't get enough of them......

4 things I would do if I were a billionaire...
1. Build a nice log cabin in Alaska for Taylor and a great little beach bungalow somewhere tropical for me, then we would split our time accordingly.
2. Donate to every possible charity and organization that I would deem suitable.
3. Give all of my family members (and some close friends) each a million dollars.
4. Use the rest of my money to travel throughout the world on humanitarian missions.


Wow, that's it. I hope you all enjoyed. To be honest, this was actually kind of fun and I don't know why I held out for so long. However, I'm not going to tag anyone. If someone wants to do it they will do it of their own free will. Have a great Thanksgiving everyone and remember that corn is THE super-food and that without it America's economy would most likely collapse. Don't believe me? Check out the History Channel's documentary on it.

16 comments:

Erica said...

Don't worry Crystal, if I did it the only place I would live would be Logan, Utah. Yeah, I'm awesome. I feel like I just learned some new things about you. However, you're much nicer than I'd be if I was a billionaire.

Sammy said...

That was a great list. And I learned more about you, my aunt Sandi (actually my dad's brother's ex-wife) is married to Mike Hendry who owns (I'm pretty sure) Mtn view title, where you were a courier! So, small world. Anyway, hopefully we'll see you guys soon!

Lonna said...

I loved your list. I think that we have a ton in common...well except for the fact that I now live somewhere outside of Logan, Utah. However it would be on my places that I have lived for the majority of my life. I am right there with you on the celebs...I think that they are basically a breed of their own, but I also find myself watching and reading about them quite often. It really is sick, but I guess that makes me sick too. I am proud of you for branching out and doing the tag. I found it really fun and interesting. Nice work.

Susan said...

This was my favorite post. I loved it and I even learned a few things I didn't know (you like to lay in the bathtub with lukewarm water running on you--I never knew!!) Sorry I didn't read this first--but I saved the best for last!!

Melissa said...

I loved your list. So, I decided on comment on each thing individually.

1. Take comfort in knowing that you have lived in more places than me. I have only lived in good old North Ogden. In fact, the East portion of my address has been just about the same in all 4 places we have lived. Weird!

2. You have gone on some fabulous vacations. The Caribbean, Bahamas, and Mexico…Amazing! I’m totally jealous.

3. I love that you were a smoothie maker at Crossroads. I’m sure you were great at it. You just need to add fabric cutter and hair person (sorry, I can’t think of the right word) to your list.

4. You eat at Beto’s! SCARRY! I once found a heart valve in my burrito there! You’re really taking a big risk by eating there.

5. I am SO proud of your for being able to play the piano for primary and the choir. What an amazing talent. I never knew that you were so into reading! I’ve been thinking about adding that to my list of hobbies…but it’s not looking very promising. Cleaning is definitely a good hobby. A little OCD never hurt anyone! ;)

6. I also HATE cleaning my bathroom. Wet hair! YUCK! I was laughing so hard when you were writing about laying down in the shower trying to pronounce (out loud) the ingredients in the shower products. You’re crazy!

7. I sure hope that I’m on the list of friends to get some cash when you strike it rich! You sound like such a humanitarian.

GREAT POST!

Grandma and Grandpa Mac said...

What a great list! It makes us wonder what our list would include, hmm, that would take a lot of thought. We liked the list about foods you like, the hobbies, things we didn't know about you and the billionaire list. Oh, wha the heck, we liked all of them!

Thanks for the nice comments on our blog. That's the only way we know if anyone reads it.

Stay warm up in Logan.

cheeks said...

crystal, you make me laugh! I can totally picture you on the shower floor reading your shampoo bottles!

It's ok that you've never lived outside of Utah...it's a great place to be! You will appreciate it even more if you do move one day!

MMMM, Betos. The first time i went there my roommate threw up on the way home. YUCK! BUT...i've been back many times since! I'm pretty selective of what i order, actually there's only 2 thinks: the carne asada burrito, except for the last inch or two cuz that's where all the grease pools up while you're eating it...and the bacon breakfast burrito is good too! OH and the Horchata drink is awesome! Anyway, enough about beto's!

The sound of the fabric cutting is very clear in my mind...that would be a fun job! I like the little metal ditch thing they have in the counter for the scissors to go in...do you know what i'm talking about?! :)

The Obergs said...

yes, yes! I do know what you're talking about. I think that's part of what makes that delightful cutting sound. Anyway, I'm glad that you find that as wonderful as I do.

shauni said...

This post made me laugh! It was fun to read all these little details about you- I love the part about you reading the labels of all of your shower products. Hopefully you will become a billionaire soon cause we could really use a million dollars (and how nice of you to say you would share!)

BreAnna said...

I loved this, I didnt know you could play the piano, that is such a great and useful talent. I think all hygienist are a little weird about cleaning, I think that is what makes us want to scrape and scrape something until it is perfect! Also, I have never heard of the shower on the floor idea, I may just have to try that soon and see how it goes. I agree blogging does take up a lot of time and it is a good hobby, it keeps you in touch and makes for a wonderful journal, thanks for sharing all the info!

Monica said...

I've never heard of this 'tagging' thing, but funny how I just got tagged from breea-the second year from hygiene school. I have yet to complete my list.

I never knew so many things about you! I really missed reading your blog-you are so entertaining! Unlike most, I've never even been to Logan!

Camisha Gollaher said...

I am just the same way about hair!!! I seriously will throw up when I see hair in the sink when I'm brushing my teeth! (And due to my OCD...I look!) You're so funny. I love reading each blog. I guess when you find somewhere to love, you don't have to be "miss adventure" and live there...but to travel there would be OK! I've only lived in Evanston, Pleasant View & Ogden. But I've never really traveled-and that's where I'm jealous! Hey...what do I need to do to get on your "Million dollar list?" I'm sure you have friends you are much closer to than me...but I'll do what it takes? Just kidding. It's funny how even the thought of a million dollars makes you think of all sorts of wonderful things, but what matters most...is family & friends! I'm so greatful for you-your friendship, and your great personality!

Susan said...

Just wanted to add that you have lived in Great Falls, Montana--how many people can say that!!?? Can't wait to see you Fri

The Obergs said...

oh yes, how could I forget to put that on my list?? Not that I remember anything about it, but that doesn't mean that I'm not a true blue Montanan(ite?)

Mike and Kim said...

Since I can tell that you're feeling bad about only getting 14 comments this week, I thought I'd pitch in my two cents.


None of this was new to me, except maybe your obsession with tepid showers. I too like long showers (and baths), but it has to be one degree shy of killing temperature. In our place here in D.C. I've grown to love the big window in our shower (which was originally clear and gave a great view to the world) because I can open it up and get that great combination of scalding water and cold air. It's like having my own spa.

Unknown said...

I just wanted to let you know that I have now visited your blog site. Enjoyed the elk horns. Dan