Sunday, November 11, 2007

Rednecks??

It is the Frost Family tradition to go to the Warren Miller Ski Movie every year prior to ski season to get us pumped up. This year was no different. On Friday night my Mom, Dad, Dan, Marcie and Logan came up to watch the Utah State's showing of the movie. I was sitting there enjoying the feast of snow/skiing images before my eyes when suddenly a segment about a backwoods town a few miles out of Wissler came on. The movie showed clips of two guys chopping wood and shooting targets while playing a terrible country song with words like: "I'm big timein' it in a small town" They then followed up the segment by saying "You know you're a redneck when you open your freezer and all you see is meat".

Well, who didn't tell me...


16 comments:

Frost Family said...

The Warren Miller movie was sweet! When the Redneck Canadian part came on, Logan seemed to be throughly enjoying is so I leaned over to him and said guns, skiing, and fast snowmobiles this is going to be pretty much the best movie ever! I am still Leary about the "chronic wasting disease" that the that Taylor got most certainly has. Did you notice that your freezer says "Frost Free" on the top of it? Not Cool...

Sammy said...

Ha ha. that is hilarious. I'm sorry! but I'm sure that Erik would love to take some of that elk meat off your hands! Good luck with all of that!

The Obergs said...

I did notice that it said "frost free" but fortunately that says more about the state of the freezer and less about our family. Don't worry the Frost gene is still alive and kickin', sometimes when Taylor is in big trouble I will call him Taylor Frost.... I think he really likes that ha!

BreAnna said...

hahaha, that is so funny! I love the gusto at which you guys enjoy life, especially Taylor he seems like a never sit still kind of guy. That is a lot of meat in there, but I am so impressed that you are using it up! Cant want to see your mounted head (I just wanted to say that againg, but really I do want to see a picture when you get it)

Mike and Kim said...

The funniest part about this post was Breanna's comment that Taylor was a "never sit still kind of guy."

I'll be laughing about that for a while.

You better be grilling us up some Elk steaks at Christmas.

Mike and Kim said...

p.s. If you bought that freezer just for your meat, you are a redneck.

The Obergs said...

we did buy this freezer just for our meat. Where the hell else were we supposed to fit 300 pounds of elk??? However, Taylor assures me that we will have this freezer for years and years to come and it will serve us well. (don't you remember mom and dad's old yellow freezer downstairs? It's as old as Dan)

Susan said...

Thanks for a Friday night out--we loved the restaurant (the bread was fabulous and I think I just found a recipe for it--I'll share it later)and the movie was great. I am always amazed at what crazy things they do!! Ok, Taylor you are a red neck but we love you anyway. Ron is very excited about the "meat" you gave him and what a sweet freezer--you know you've arrived when you have a freezer on your patio!!

Melissa said...

I don't know what I would do with a freezer full of meat. Maybe just opening the freezer door every now and again would give me a laugh to see all 300 lbs of that elk! Crazy! ha ha ha

I love that Taylor's a redneck! Pretty soon you will be listening to country music and supporting his redneck ways. I don't know why...it just happens. ;)

Lonna said...

just because there is a special redneck joke about freezers full of meat and the Warren Miller ski movie for the year pokes fun of rednecks doesn't mean that Taylor falls into all categories of redneckness, just a few. And I think that you can count yourself safe as to not being one. However the freezer full of meat really is quite funny. It kind of sound like the costs of the Elk really add up, especially since you had to get a whole new freezer just for the meat.

At least you can always boast that you have an action packed life, and a husband that appears to be able to do pretty much anything manly.

Monica said...

I loved your post and all the comments-especially about your freezer! I guess you were bound to get one sooner or later!

Camisha Gollaher said...

Well...my freezer looks exactly like that (although the freezer was a gift--does that make me even more a redneck?) And...I am from Evanston WYOMING- enough said right!?!

Tell Taylor, that us rednecks can stick tuhgethur!! :)

cheeks said...

oh, i so want to see the movie...it always gets me in a festive mood! Too bad the ski "slopes" here are like the bunny hills in utah!

Love the redneck connection you are finally finding in yourself! HA HA HA! You really should start listening to country music! The freezer full of meat reminds me of home!

shauni said...

How funny! I had no idea an elk would provide enough meat to necessitate it's own freezer. Sounds like the movie was fun!

Erica said...

Let me know when your mom gets that bread recipe to you ...Since I now know where you did go eat. I'm totally jealous. But stoked that the family enjoys Iron Gate. Even Taylor yay!!

Kami said...

Crystal,

Thanks for posting to by blog. I have had a crazy couple of months. It looks like you are enjoying your life in Logan and living the "hillbilly" life. ha ha.

Btw, I would love to clean your teeth, just tell me where and when. Talk to you later.