Wednesday, April 11, 2007

WHY???

Why are my legs itchy
Why, despite all my training, can’t I run very fast
Why do I laugh at everything, even though ¾ of the time it’s not even funny
Why does Taylor incessantly comment about my favorite TV shows during the very best parts
Why can’t I get this layer of fat around my belly button to go away
Why do I feel so inclined to help people
Why am I so stingy with sharing my food
Why do i then give the leftovers of said food to homeless people
Why do I long for the Summer months and then wish for Fall as soon as they get here
Why did I decide I wanted to clean peoples’ teeth
why have I never had a cavity
Why didn't the 'w' on my last question not automatically capitalize like all of the rest of them
Why did I get a bump in my nose after so many years of a perfectly straight one
Why do I have such weak ankles
Why do I have warts on my fingers that won't go away
Why am I an oldies music junkie
Why am I so accident prone
Why do I feel self-conscious trying on a 2-piece, when the 200 lb lady at the beach is wearing a bikini
Why did my hairstylist have to have her appendix taken out and therefore cancel my much anticipated hair appointment
Why wasn’t I born with dimples
Why do I love the smell of magic markers and rubber cement
Why did I stop tumbling just when I was getting good
Why was I born without an athletic gene
Why do I feel nostalgic when I look up at the stars
Why do I feel like I’m missing out on life when I sleep late in the mornings
Why do I keep wearing my socks until you can see through them
Why, despite all my best efforts, do I not understand football
Why do I blow my nose so loud
Why can I belly dance
Why is it whenever Taylor and I like a brand of something, the stores always stop carrying it
Why do I wear sweat pants to bed, even though I wake up every night sweating to death
Why do I want to go to cosmetology school
Why do I prefer tennis shoes to high heels
Why do I like soggy cereal
Why am I so intrigued with Veronica Mars
Why is music such an integral part of my life
Why do I like to shop at thrift stores
Why am I obsessed with jewelry
Why do I feel like I’m losing a friend when my favorite bands starts getting played on the radio
Why do street lights, porch lights, and signs always burn out as I pass them
Why do I judge people by the shoes they wear
Why do I cry everytime I watch ‘A Baby Story’ on TLC
Why do I like to eat out so much
Why do I love reading tabloids
Why do I think the ‘right way’ to do something is how my brothers do it
“Why do birds suddenly appear every time you are near…” (just kidding)
Why am I posting all of these ramblings to my blog
Why….

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crystal, I love this post. I laughed and I cried. I also wonder why the w doesn't capitalize--why, why??????? I think you are a conglomeration of everyone in the family--we all probably can relate. Thanks for your thoughts.

Anonymous said...

Why oh Why did it take so long to be able to comment--and why did this stupid think keep saying it was "incorrect password". And why did it have a handicap sign by the password??? and why did I have to get a google account?? and why do I keep spelling everything wrong????

Alisha said...

I learned so much about you from this post. By the way, I hope your ankle feels better.

Mike and Kim said...

Why can't I seem to write my Master's thesis, but I always have time to write short stories, new songs and comments on your blog?

Frost Family said...

Why did I think the funniest statement of all was the "Why do I think the ‘right way’ to do something is how my brothers do it" comment. I couldnt stop laughing. I think it is because i could identify!

shauni said...

Why is it snowing in April here? Why doesn't Ammon flush the toilet, despite all my efforts to teach him to? Why does Colby leave crumbs on the counter every morning after he makes his sandwich? Why do I always get a blister on the arch of my left foot when I go running? Why? Why? I love this post, it poses some great questions.

Jami said...

Crystal, I LOVE this post! You have inspired me! I laughed out loud at the nose-blowing comment! ha ha ha...so many memories of clinic days! JUMP ON IT JUMP ON IT!! I want a post like this...watch for it!

melissa said...

Crystal! Hey there twin - remember when some people in anatomy used to say we were twins?? I found your blog!! How are you? I finally got a blogger 'user name' so I can post a comment to your fun blog. you look great and it sounds like you are having a blast in logan! how's hygiene? do you like it? how many days are you doing? hope all is well! melissa gladwell

Lonna said...

I really like this little post that you have posed to the world. I think that I ask myself some of these same questions on a daily basis. I too am a loud nose blower...and sneezer, but I am not a big or overly big person!? And I too LOVE the tabloids even if 99% of them are made up. All these things make me like you more.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! I love you! This is so funny. I wonder so many of your Why's!! One Why i have, is... Why and i so obsessed with all the Anna Nicole stuff!! Ha

Mary Ann said...

Why has Veronica Mars stopped airing?
Why do I relate to this post?
Why AREN'T you in beauty school?
Why are you so amazing?

Kile said...

Hm... Might be one of the funniest things I have ever read. You are cool!!

BreAnna said...

umm... I sort of want to go to cosmetology school to?? Maybe it is a hygiene thing, but it really interests me too!