Ok I'm SO MAD!!!! So like I've mentioned in recent posts, I am extremely picky about who does my hair but once I find someone I like and trust I usually leave it up to them how to do my hair, I hardly ever walk into the salon knowing what I want done. However, I consider myself an amateur hairstylist and therefore come up with lots of creative looks for myself. I never like my hair to stay the same from one appointment to the next and I never want my hair to be conservative, I always like something new and funky. Usually when I have my hair done I always end up with the color swatches in my lap and picking exactly what hues will be right for me and then leave the rest completely up to the stylist. Since I've moved to Logan I have found a hairstylist that I love, but due to a faulty appendix she had to cancel my long-awaited (like 3 weeks of waiting) appointment. When I called back to re-schedule I was told I would have to wait until May 5 for her next available appointment. Well since I've already waited 3 weeks from the time that I decided I needed it done, I was not willing to wait three more. I asked the girl on the other end who she recommended for a good color. She 100% recommended Amber who conveniently had an opening this afternoon. Hooray, I was so excited, although a little nervous to stray from my favorite Jackie, but at least I was getting my hair colored!!! I was so excited to go back really blond and figured there was really no way to mess that up. Unfortunately there is a way to mess that up. Amber apparently didn't listen to a word I said and actually managed to make hair look EXACTLY how it did when I walked in, except darker. I was pretty sure that I specifically said "I want to go back all the way blond with a few small streaks of dark", but I guess she heard "don't change a damn thing, I want my hair to look exactly the same". Also, for some reason unbeknownst to Taylor and I, she colored the roots of the blond pieces brown, so now not only does it look the same, but I walked away from the salon looking like I have a months worth of grow-out. So now, totally out of character, I might go back and complain because I think I should be happy with the end product of a $90 (yes that's not a typo, I about had a heart attack when she told me) haircut and color. Sorry any male readers out there, I'm sure you were so bored that you didn't even make it this far into the story, but for all the women I know you can relate (at least I hope).

6 comments:
Holy Crap!!! I wanted to cry and scream for you when I read this post.I think that finding a new stylist is as important and and a whole lot trickier than finding a gyno that you like and feel comfortable with. Now if I were you I would go back to Amber and demand that she fix it to how you want FREE because she messed up, or tell her that you want your money back! If she doesn't do either...which would be a serious crime then you should talk to who ever owns the salon. Just for a backup backup plan if you would like the girl that did my hair in Logan (who I LOVE) Owns her own salon called studio K and she is amazing. Her name is Kim Jackson and the phone number is 753-8880. Tell her that Lonna Barlow sent you. Sorry this is so long, but just one more thing, the state flower for Utah is the sego lily and the tree is the blue spruce. Feel free to wow and dazzle those around you with your new information.
Crystal...i am so MAD for you, as i know you really love your hair appointments (and who doesn't?). I really think you should have her redo it...she can't say no...especially if you have brown roots on blonde streaks! I'm so sorry.
We saw Taylors dad tonight at Taco Bell! Brett chatted with him and i told him how much i miss you...i will call you soon so we can chat!
ummm...thats not blonde! FLAMES FROM THE SIDE OF MY FACE!!! that is how I explain the feeling you are having! this is terrible, you are so fun with your hair, but come on you dont go to the beauty school for a reason, and now you are wearing it on your head, how did she think that was blonde! I think you should have a redo, I think you made it pretty clear that you wanted blonde, what did she say when she was done? I am so sorry, such a huge bummer, keep us posted on what you and your hair decide to do with this saga!
Crystal, although I think your hair looks very cute- it is definitely not blond. I would ask for a refund, and probably find someone new to do my hair. Good luck!
OOh, i hate that!! No matter what you always look so cute! I have hair envy. But what in the heck was she thinking about your roots. My hair lady just went on maternity leave so i went to a different place and it just is never the same. We all clean teeth similar, why can't hairdressers do the same! Ha!! Thanks for your sweet comment!! You are great! Fill us in on if you complain. :)
You crack me up!! I want to live close to you again :( Someday... Even though your hair isn't the way you wanted you're still as beautiful as ever. Love you tons and tons!!!
Post a Comment