Monday, February 26, 2007

Crumb Brothers

This weekend we went to yet another hockey game, but this one was especially exciting because Utah State was playing Weber State. I of course felt obligated to give a cheer whenever Weber scored which was pretty frequently since Weber won 4-1. Although, Taylor was embarassed whenever I would clap for them and told me to stop unless I wanted to get jumped.

Taylor's brother Erik and his girlfriend Sam came up to Logan and went with us, it was fun to have someone to hang out with.



Taylor caught a great first aid kit. Everything you could need was in there...
q-tips and band aids!


One of my patients owns a bakery up here and told me to come on by and he would give us a tour. On saturday we decided to take him up on his offer, Taylor was especially excited. Anything that combines baking/cooking and microbiology is right up his ally. The bakery was especially cool because it was a "green" building, I can't remember everything that entails, but it is something to the effect that it is eco-friendly and built from old train track trussels.


The pastries were HEAVENLY and I just have to say that the homemade hot chocolate and homemade marshmallows pretty much made my entire weekend. They were so good!


7 comments:

BreAnna said...

aren't patients so nice, sometimes it amazes me how close you can get with people you see twice a year! Your patients sound great!!

Anonymous said...

I want to go to that bakery next time we're up there--is the hot chocolate like my brew??? It was fun seeing you Saturday

shauni said...

Sounds so yummy. I didn't know you could make homemade marshmallows- I would love to learn how to do that. I also love the name Crumb Brothers, it kind of sounds like the "Smothers Brothers do pastries." Looks like fun.

The Obergs said...

oh mom, nothing is quite like your hot chocolate. I of course still like yours the best, but this totally different than yours, not quite as sweet....that's where the marshmallows come in.

Mike and Kim said...

Why is Taylor ashamed of his heritage? Weber State, Weber State, Great Great Great!

Those pastries look good.

Jami said...

Looks delicious!! Hey--we're comin up to your part of town Saturday for our nephew's baptism. Will you guys be around...i want to see the new pad!

Lonna said...

Oooh! I love hot chocolate. I strongly recommend that you try the bread as well. I know that the sweets are yummy, but the bread is fantastic. I love your blog it makes me feel like we are right back in Logan.