Sunday, March 20, 2016

March 2015

Aaaaannnnddd we're back!
So grateful I didn't lose March pictures,
because this was one for the books.

It's a good thing I let everyone in on my "secret",
because I was clearly pregnant at 13.5 weeks.
They say that the balloon is easier to blow up the second time around,
I would say that is even more ridiculously true
the third time.

Instagram:
Rolled tacos from Betos were sounding mighty delicious for lunch, 
until I found out that the closest one is 362 miles away...
I would almost drive that. 
#cravings 
#babycallstheshots

March was a month full of fun,
which was good news 
because we quickly realized we couldn't just stay home 
and play
after we discovered that our backyard sucked,

so the girls tried to keep themselves entertained 
in other ways
with spaceships
(complete with O2 hoses),

fly swatter fights,
  
and lots of "dress ups" (lol!)

We also kept busy 
by going to one of the billion parks close to us,

and playing at our good friends' private beach
(yes, it was 80 degrees in March 
and yes, it really is their private lake).


Erik and Sammy also helped keep us entertained 
with a girl's day out to lunch and the MAC counter,


and a trip to the old, deserted mining town,
Central City.




The entertaining continued 
with a visit from Grandma and Grandpa Oberg
over Grandpa Oberg's spring break.
We celebrated birthdays, 
saw movies,
went adventuring,
and discovered the deliciousness that is The Waffle House.



We celebrated the birth of Tay Baby....
but not really,
because:

Instagram:
Happy birthday to this sexy beast!
I can't think of a better way to celebrate 
than at a cheese conference in Bakersfield...;) 
We miss you!  
Hope your co-workers know how to treat a guy right on his b-day.

and then we celebrated the birth of Hazey J

Instagram:
What would my life be like without this special, little person in it? 
She is my whole heart.
Happy birthday to the sweetest, kindest, funniest, smartest, 
most thoughtful, caring, silly, 6-year-old.
Love you to the moon and back. #hazeljane

with a surprise visit (for her, not me) 
from Grandma and Grandpa Frost.
I didn't tell her what we were doing,
but as I headed out towards the airport,
it was under the guise that we were lost 
on our way to lunch.
She didn't expect a thing, 
even when we got to passenger pick up.
Oh how I wish I had been able to snap a picture of her expression... it was priceless.
Pure, unadulterated, happiness.


I kept her out of school that day
and instead had her annual "breakfast in bean bag"
took her to Target to pick out a present with her birthday money,
to the airport to pick up her grandparents (surprise),
to her favorite restaurant, Kneaders, for lunch 
and then back home for a quiche and artichoke dinner,
presents, cake pops and strawberry cake.


She was so excited about her surprise
and said it was her best birthday ever.

Instagram:
Thank you to everyone for your sweet birthday wishes to Hazel.
She listened to and read every single one. 
She told me that it was the "best day ever!"
And with a surprise visit from grandparents,
a trip to her favorite restaurant, 
finding out that she gets to go to Disney On Ice
and that she got enrolled in the Art Club at school, 
I can understand why.  
#target #DIA #kneaders #quichandartichokes #cakepops #bestbirthdayever


The fun continued with a day at Wash Park,
  

Disney on Ice,

and new church dresses from Grandma.

You know it was a good month,
when you're sad to see it come to an end.
We were more than a little bummed
to say goodbye to our visitors 
and all of the fun and love they brought with them.

Instagram:
It was a sad morning waking up to an empty house 
after two weeks of the best grandparent visits ever.
#comebacksoon #luckygirls

On to April!

No comments: