Thursday, February 25, 2016

December 2014

And this is where things get sad....
Christmas 2014 photos were wiped out.
Thankfully, I was able to garner a few from Sammy my SIL,
and there were a handful left on my hard drive;
so here is a (tiny) peek at what our Christmas was like
(curse you, technology!!).

So, 
it looks like we had our annual nativity at the Shaw Christmas Party
  
and there were games to be had.

Not sure what happened here, 
but it looks like we forgot snow clothes, 
judging by Nora's gloves 
and Hazel's rope belt... 
hahahahahah 
(I'm pretty sure I wasn't here for this)




I vaguely remember going to the Christmas lights 
in downtown Ogden.  

Chelsey and I took some ridiculous pictures together


The girls look to be opening their Christmas presents 
at the Oberg's house.


Grandma was at it again, 
whipping up some very special gifts.
These are replicas of the birds Lynette painted on the wall,
representing each Oberg grandchild.
The girls were so excited 
that they got to actually take their birds home.

Storytime with Grandma Shaw

Elsie and Nora in their matching "Sammy" hats

A butt-freezing day on the snowmobile

The annual Oberg post-Christmas get-together

Christmas is exhausting....and dogs make great footrests

We got a chance to meet up with some friends;  
love ourselves some Andertons


Oh yes, 
somewhere during this month
we received the news that Taylor did indeed 
get a job with Leprino
in Denver, Colorado.

So we met up with Grandma and Carol Ann
to soak up as much time with them as we could
before we moved.



And finally,
we had my parents up to our house 
to celebrate New Year's Eve.
If I remember correctly,
we ate a lot of good food
(although, i can't remember anything 
than what's pictured here),

we laughed a lot,
we failed miserably at a group selfie
(selfie sticks hadn't even been invented yet),
played a rousing game of lucky ducks,
and, 
yet again, 
failed to stay up until midnight.

(I promise,
that is only Martinelli's in his glass.....)

 Lesson learned,
don't wait 14 months to write a post
where 90% of the pictures have been lost.
Your insight will be only marginally better, 
than the random stranger
looking at the post.

No comments: