Wednesday, January 08, 2014

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things (October 2013)

October is such a great month,
full of festivities. 
Here are a few of my favorite things we did this year:

Thriller

Sugar Cookies

Leaves, leaves, and more leaves




American West Heritage Center, 
pumpkin patches, 
and corn mazes



Soaking up the last warm, sunny days of the year

(Please take note of Nora: 
I pulled out my phone to take a picture of the girls
and in the time it took me to press the button, 
Nora went from standing right in front of me, 
to turning around and running right off the other side.  
I captured her last moment on the trampoline before toppling off.  
Am I the worst mom for laughing every time I see this picture? 
With those adorable, little feet in the air??)


(Also, 
it needs to be noted 
that Hazel learned how to ride her bike in October.  
After months of begging me to take off her training wheels because "none of her friends used training wheels", 
I finally decided to take the plunge.  
After running around the walkway with her a few times, 
I decided to give up for the day 
and went inside to make dinner, 
only to look out the window 
to see Hazel riding her bike all by herself.  
She told me that the trick to riding her bike was to 
"give a big push 
and then start pedaling before the push runs out".  
I'm telling you, 
this kid is the easiest child on the planet.  
She has basically taught herself everything she knows.  
It also makes me feel a teeny bit guilty 
for not taking her training wheels off in the spring 
like she asked.)

 The Pumpkin Walk with our favorite buddies




Parties, parties and more parties














and of course,
Halloween night itself.

No comments: