Saturday, October 13, 2012

The Golden Time

While I love me some newborn babies,
the actual "newborn phase"
is kind of like a kick in the crotch:

the recovery,
the breastfeeding issues, 
the sleepless nights,
the endless feedings,
the crying, 
the colic,
the hormonal rollercoasters,
the hospital bills,
the lack of "adult time" 
the constant second-guessing about what the baby needs...

So I have come to the conclusion that 3 months is the golden time;

the newborn phase is a (not-so-distant) memory,
the baby has grown and reached some milestones,
but they're still so tiny and sweet. 
They don't move (which makes it easy to keep your eye on them),
they still sleep a lot during the day,
and (hopefully) at night,
they know who you are and get excited to see you,
they giggle,
they coo,
and they smile.

Here are some glimpses of my favorite 3-month phase:








(this movie is kind of long, but the giggles are so adorable)

7 comments:

Melissa Rees said...

Adorable!! It's so hard when they're little, but for me it's better than being pregnant!

Sammy said...

meow, meow ha ha she is so funny! that video is so sweet, oh i miss those girls! Nora is SO DARLING has the perfect little face, that little giggle is so sweet. this age really is the best! They are so good and sweet and just love you to pieces.

Steven and Megan said...

How cute :) I love the three month stage too. Your girls are just too cute!

rupee40 said...

Oh my heavens. I keep looking at that top picture because Nora looks JUST like a cabbage patch doll! She is really adorable. Congrats!

KCraig said...

First, I love that you said "crotch" on your blog. I'm still laughing just thinking about it. Second, your girls are the cutest. I LOVE Nora's big smile.

cheeks said...

Enjoy that "golden time!" you deserve every giggle you work for!! love hazels meow! haha...so perfect for that age. every day brings a new animal family to our house!

ummm, is that ruffle on the end of your comforter new? And the pillows?? very cute!

oh, and a kick in the crotch?! haha i just love you... yeah that about describes it... or a head butt to the crotch!!

April said...

I totally agree with you! Three months is golden! Though I have to say I realy have loved this period too. Nora is adorable! She looks like the sweetest little thing. Hope you're doing well. It's been awhile since I've been able to keep up with blogs. I'm sorry. :)