Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Dog Days

Although it pains me to say it,
here we are, 
in the dog days of summer.
I thought I would post a few things 
that have made me acutely aware of this fact.

You know it's the end of summer when: 
The County Fair comes to town.
 

Unfortunately, we had some serious weather that night.  
In Taylor's words it was "going to be like hurricane Andrew", 
but I forced him to go anyway 
hoping that our luck would hold out 
and we would be able to enjoy a rain-free fair... 

...when the clouds burst open and the torrential rain came, 
I remembered that I don't have any luck.
So we went inside 
and checked out the prize-winning produce, 
which Hazel loved,
especially the "Hazel"nuts.

You know it's the end of summer when:
 Bear Lake is actually warm enough to swim in.

You know it's the end of summer when:
 you start seeing these bad boys in  your house
(this is for you Mike).

You know it's the end of summer when:
 Taylor heads off to the annual SIM Meeting 
(Society for Industrial Microbiology).  
This year the meeting was held in Washington DC,
which just happens to be where my brother lives.
Thanks to Mike and Kim for showing him a good time.

While Taylor was gone,
the girls and I headed to Grandma Oberg's house,
where she spoiled us rotten!
She entertained hazel every morning 
while I tried to sleep off some rough nights with Nora.
She helped me with some major projects 
that I could have never done by myself 
(pictures to come).
She took Hazel to the Children's Museum,
entertained her with crafts,
 
and hosted pretend birthday parties.
(a HUGE thanks to Craig and Lynette for taking us in for the week,
We love you!)

You know it's the end of summer when:
 It's 'Back to School' time.
(after getting in the car to take Chelsey down to Provo,
we realized it was a titch on the cramped side.
Good thing she's skinny).

And last, but not least, 
I know it's the end of summer because:
 All year we've been waiting for baby Nora to get here.
Hazel would always ask me:
"Baby Nora is going to pop out in the summer, right mom?"
Well, by now she has "popped out", 
and she's even growing up 
which can only mean that summer came 
and is now winding down.
Here's to 3 more months (at least) 
of dog days!

5 comments:

Sammy said...

i can't believe summer is really about over! not going to lie though, i'm ready for fall weather and all that comes with it. that "hazel nut" picture is so darling! she looks beautiful, love Nora in her stroller, such a pretty little face. LOVED cache county fair last year with you guys, definitely better than ours! Nor has changed so much since I last saw her, what a beauty, so sweet.

Mike and Kim said...

Ok, that Hobo Spider looks a lot like it has a bunch of baby spiders on its back. I am never sleeping on your floor.

You should add the picture of Taylor collecting shark teeth on the beach. He pulled a Rain Man and was out there for hours. I'm sure his crack is still sunburned. Did he make you some shark tooth earrings?

Erica said...

We barely missed each other at the fair then! We were with the cows mostly though. But we left before the down pour hit the hardest. I wish I had seen you because I feel like the way things are going Nora will be walking before I see her. The sickness has to leave me soon enough right?

Hazel's hair in the pictures with the cupcakes is outstanding!! It's getting so long. Oh I need to see the Oberg girls.

Melissa Rees said...

Why the bleep would you post those disgusting bugs?! I'm so itchy and scared now, lol

KCraig said...

I loved the picture of Hazel and Nora laying on the floor and smiling up at the camera. So cute.