Monday, July 23, 2012

Love

I really love the hospital stay following the birth of a baby.
Taylor does not share those feelings,
but for me,
 it's just a small moment away from real life,
where you get to completely enjoy a piece of heaven.

My sweet friend Leah visited us while we were there,
and like the amazing friend that she is,
she brought her fancy camera 
and took some pictures
 that I'm totally in love with.

She captured the essence of those days perfectly.
love,
tenderness,
quiet hours,
gratitude,
reflection,
joy.











7 comments:

Erica said...

Oh I do not share those feelings with you at all. I tell everyone that life at the hospital for me was hell. It probably is due to the fact I'm not an open person at all so non stop visitors kill me....and I did have the pleasure of staying there 4 nights.

But you're absolutely right about one thing, those are beautiful pictures. Oh those sweet cheeks! I'm in love.

BreAnna said...

I totally agree. Love it. I'm jealous. I'm baby hungry already (yes I know I have a baby) two has been so sweet I am so eager to get to three (although I won't rob Charles of his babyhood) she's beautiful, your beautiful and your approach to mothering is very admirable.

Sammy said...

those are so sweet and precious to have, she did a great job. I too love those days spent in the hospital, granted not all the nurses and such coming and going when you are trying to catch some shut eye, but I do love it. I had my Dr appt today at the hospital and as we were walking out I had to stop myself feeling like I wanted to be there again with another baby! too soon, too soon. These are so special, lucky to have them and such a great friend to take them for you!

leah jane said...

She is a perfect little nugget and I love her already!! It was so fun to see you at the hospital in all of your new-baby-moon glory.

Steven and Megan said...

Such cute, perfect pictures :)

Ben + Brittany Trujillo said...

congrats

paige and jord said...

gorgeous pics, and i am seriously baby hungry! that little angel is adorable.