Monday, May 21, 2012

My Excuse + Family Fun Time

I've come to the realization that blogging is getting a LOT harder the older Hazel gets.  
I used to think that I was a super-mom because I was able to keep on top of my blogging, exercise, eat healthy, keep my house clean, stay on top of my laundry, keep my car clean, etc... 
Now I know that I was only able to do any of that 
because Hazel woke up at 8:00 am
she actually took a nap,
and would go to bed around 7:00. 


Now Hazel is waking up earlier and earlier 
(curse you 6:00 am sunrise)
stopped taking naps almost a year ago
and thanks to gorgeous evenings and lots of new friends, 
is now going to bed at 8:30.


Suffice it to say, 
between entertaining and feeding Hazel,
the intense exhaustion that my anemic pregnancy has caused,
and trying to spend time with my husband,
things just don't get done like they used to.
Really, I'm just a frazzled mess;
barely staying on top of the necessary things that need to be done
(like the grocery shopping that I DIDN'T do today).

Which makes me really nervous to see what two kids brings...

So here's a huge "BRAVO" to all of you moms out there that make doing all of these things with multiple children of all ages seem like an easy thing to do.

Moving on.
I'm still slightly behind on my blogging, and I wanted to make sure that these pictures made it into my annual printed blog book.

Recently(ish) we've been able to get together with a lot of family.

First,
The Maryland Obergs came to Utah 
for their oldest son's baptism 
(whom I didn't even get a picture of... sorry Ash Man)

I don't think I can even explain how much Hazel anticipated their visit, 
or how excited she was to see them.










Then, 
a few weeks after the Obergs went home, 
half of the Virginia Frosts were able to come to Utah 
for a temple sealing.
Again, Hazel couldn't get enough of the visiting family.  
She died over how cute "baby" Eli is 
and loved playing with aunt Kimmie.
I died over the fact that Dan's ball-up-the-shirt
looked eerily similar to my 31-week profile
(3 weeks later, 
I'm wishing I was still that "small")




 
We loved seeing all of our family,
hopefully we get to see everyone again,
sooner rather than later!

9 comments:

cheeks said...

oh i just hate it when life gets so crazy!!! i've missed your blogs....one of the few that i still post a comment on! :)

you look adorable! so fun to have all the out-of-towners around to hang with! i really want to come see your house and have another playdate before #2 makes her appearance. i'm guessing with it being your bday week, there's lots of festivities on the calendar already, but maybe next week? much further out and you might be a mom of 2! ahhhh!!!!

Becca said...

Crystal-
You look great! I can't believe how quickly Hazel is growing up- I won't lie, the transition from 1 to 2 is rough. I am really wondering how #3 is going to play out! Your Mom always looks incredible- so photogenic! I can't wait to hear about all the delivery details- and I am so jealous you are at the end where I am only half way....

Steven and Megan said...

I think you are doing great! You update way more often than I do, I've been a slacker. Thank you so much for coming to our sealing! I wish I was able to chat with you guys a bit more. I didn't realize you were due so soon, that is exciting! You will be an awesome mom of two :)

Jed and Kera said...

Ditto to all you said! :O) I really feel you! P.S. You look great!! I am SO much bigger this time since food actually has stayed down the last 9 weeks!

Mike and Kim said...

I finally got around to using your "SharedBook" recommendation for our blog for Mother's Day (we've done 2006 and 2007 so far), which worked like a charm. Of course, it just intensified the guilt that we aren't staying on top of our posts like we used to.

The busyness is not going to get any better in the near future, so the trick I've learned is to dramatically lower your standards. A bath for the kids every couple of days? Sure thing. Going out to eat 4 times a week? Why not. Blog post on an every-other-month basis? Sounds like a plan.

Erica said...

Here's my confession.. there are two moms who I think are super, and strive to be like. you are one if them. I am terrified for the day Hudson no longer naps. summer is such a busy time. too much sun and fun to be had!

I've meant to tell you, if ya ever want a walking buddy to get things moving {hopefully} ill come cruise your new neighborhood anytime!!!!

Sammy said...

You are doing a great job at keeping your blog updated! Hopefully with 2 kids you'll still be able too, I don't know what I would do without blogs! It's how I stay connected to people, but I hear ya, it's hard sometimes, and I don't know what I would do if Vi didn't sleep until 8:30 and take 3-4 hour naps! So sad we missed out on seeing bennett and becka and kids. mayce looks so old! wow, all those kids are going to be so old and big when we finally make it back into town

BreAnna said...

I'm so with you. No nap makes everything a little more tricky. You'll do great with two. For me it was easier once the baby was out and I got my body mobility and energy back. You look darling, I'm so excited for you. It's different for all but the spacing you have is similar to ours and our transition was welcomed and fairly easy. (not that I didn't have my rough days)

BreAnna said...

I'm so with you. No nap makes everything a little more tricky. You'll do great with two. For me it was easier once the baby was out and I got my body mobility and energy back. You look darling, I'm so excited for you. It's different for all but the spacing you have is similar to ours and our transition was welcomed and fairly easy. (not that I didn't have my rough days)