It's unfortunate that we've lost the charger for our camera battery right during the holiday season.
It's one of those things that you hate to buy as a replacement,
because I'm pretty sure it's going to turn up in the most unusual spot;
and then what do you do with TWO camera battery chargers?
As you can guess, both of our batteries for the camera are long since dead,
which made it impossible to document our Thanksgiving holiday.
As we were driving home, I told Taylor that I was sad to realize that this holiday,
although full of good times,
would be lost to my faulty memory,
forever.
I told him to remember the details for me.
On the bright side,
all of the things that we did,
have all been done before,
and after gleaning pictures from years past,
it looked a little something like this:
We headed down to my parent's house for the first half of the week, where we had our annual pie day:
(Nov 2010)
We celebrated Pre-Thanksgiving with my family.
What is Pre-Thanksgiving?
Pre-Thanksgiving (yes, it's happened before) = when it's your year to spend the holiday with your family, but your parents have decided to visit one of your out-of-state brothers instead. Your mom feels guilty about ditching you, so she puts on an entire Thanksgiving dinner before they leave town.
(Nov 2008)
After Pre-Thanksgiving, my parents packed up their stuff and headed back east.
So Hazel and I kept busy by enjoying time with our friends Jami, Emri, Jett, Melissa, Parker and Max. It looked a little something like this, except we were at Chick-Fil-A and nobody was wearing shorts.
(July 2011)
For the second half of the week, we headed up to the Oberg's,
who had graciously accepted us for another year of Thanksgiving at their home.
Just like last year, Hazel was sick, and didn't want anything to do with eating,
(Nov 2010)
Taylor smoked up another AMAZING turkey,
(Nov 2008)
we had a ton of food and ate way too much,
(Nov 2010)
and we watched lots of movies and football games.
(Oct 2010)
Here's to hoping that we find our charger for the Christmas holidays, or you might just be looking at recycled pictures for the rest of the year...

11 comments:
If it makes you feel any better, we don't have pictures of our visit for Thanksgiving. Mine was lack of caring at the moment because I was so sick. I'm already regretting that. gah.
A dead camera is the worst...mine always stays dead because when I remember to charge it is when I actually need it so it just gets put off. You Oberg's are fantastic for sticking to what you know and love for the holidays. You'll remember everything from this year...I just know you will!
Those pictures make me so sad to see Jake! He is the cutest, I sure miss that kid. At least you have a good excuse not to have taken any pictures on Thanksgiving, I had my camera and didn't even get it out! Psh, loser! Hopefully you find the charger soon or maybe Santa will bring an early gift of a new one. I'm currently without my phone charger, it's at Oberg's, and so I am doing all my communicating via internet and my parents phone (although that's not much help because I don't know anyone's numbers!) Hopefully I get to see you guys again before we leave, I am going to miss you and that sweet Hazel girl!
oh crystal, that is such a bummer. but my camera was fully charged and i STILL didn't take pics. how lame am i? and i lose so many chargers and keep buying them... so i end up having one at my parents house too. works out for the better ;) good though, and i really do hope you find it soon- cause i need to see that little hazel's face. i miss it!
Okay, you know what you do with 2 chargers? You have 2 chargers so that next time you lose 1, you still have 1. BOOM. I'm awesome. Also, I tried to use my imagination and just fast forward everyone a year---or 3 depending on the photo:) and everyone looks GREAT! Good work you Oberg family. We sure miss you and love you! I hope we can see you sooooon!
Lol, I didn't take any pictures for turkey day either. Next time you are going to chick-fil-a, call me!
What a creative way to document though! I hope you find your charger soon.
You are so clever Crystal, and by the sounds of it, your Thanksgiving was just GREAT :) Hope you find your charger soon, cause that sucks, and I hope Miss Hazel gets feeling better soon too.
Crystal I totally think of you every year on pie day!!!! If I am near Logan I will pop in for sure!
So pre-T day. I love it. It was my siblings year to have T with my parents yet only part were there. I get my feelings hurt when I make plans early and no one else does and so I am stuck alone in Utah bcz siblings are living their own lives and cant see me. I need to work on having fun myself no matter who takes the time to share it with me.
I hope you find your charger soon! Christmas is looming and photo ops are pending!
Happy Holidays-
oh dang that sucks!! Im a big picture taker too so I feel your sorrow! ha.. glad is was fab!!
I am sad that you were at a loss with the camera, but happy to hear that this Thanksgiving was a success non the less.
It was fun seeing all the previous post pictures again, a nice little walk through Thanksgiving past. Kudos to the idea of using the older posts too. You are so clever.
Post a Comment