...in the end, it was the lack of a working ski boat.
I've been told the technical term was "hydrolock"
although I would just chalk it up to 'The Frost Curse'.
Something always goes wrong at Lake Powell for the Frost family.
If you don't remember our last visit,
But, let's back it up and give a full account of our fun time at the lake,
despite some later malfunctions
Beach #1- Dubbed "Satan's Bay" due to the fire ants, prickle bushes, quick sand, drift wood, and rattlesnakes that were peppered across the entire beach... yes, rattlesnakeS... multiple.
Dan even found one coiled under our anchor.
Basically the threshold of hell.
despite my mom claiming that we couldn't possibly find a "better beach", we decided to lift anchors and try anyway,
we left the driving to the experts,
and did indeed come across a better beach.
In fact,
I think any other beach on the entire lake was better than Satan's Bay.
the rest of the trip was spent doing the typical lake powell activities:
swimming,
jumping off the houseboat,
Untitled from crystal oberg on Vimeo.
Untitled from crystal oberg on Vimeo.
sand dunes,
card games,
collecting a copule of ill-fated pets,
(RIP Private Noob and Dewey)
Perfecting the "mermaid",
and of course, eating.
Due to a lot of this kind of weather:
we weren't able to get in a ton of this:
and actually did even less
(i.e. none)
once my dad's boat stopped working.
Instead of letting that defeat us,
we decided to enjoy one more day
just lazing around
before we had to pack it up and call it quits.
All in all, we had so much fun
even though we were sad that once again,
Taylor wasn't able to come with us, due to his rigorous schedule.... hahahahh.
Ok, ok, he was actually in New Orleans at another one of his science conventions.
Maybe next year.
P.S. Best full moon ever!
15 comments:
Where to start?! What a great trip, i'm so sorry about the "Frost Curse" that seems to follow you on all your trips, despite the boat breaking down looks like it was so much fun!
I LOVE the picture of Hazel in her floppy hat on the red rock, SO cute she looks like a little model!
You look amazing, seriously no fair! I guess we need to go to zumba again
totally jealous of your Powell trips, one day I will get back!
1st. You are super HOT!
2nd. Great moon!
3rd. Yikes RattlesnakeS
4th. Such great pics! I love how much fun everyone had!
5th. love the frog and lizard!
fun fun fun fun fun! Don't you just love family? And vacations? And the best of both worlds - family vacations?! I'm so glad you guys had a blast!
Wish my family had this tradition! My ex-father had a boat and it ALWAYS broke down in Lake Powell. $70 bucks an hour to tow it too! Love your swim suits. Do tell where you got them!
How fun :) I love all the pictures but especially the one of Hazel throwing the rock into the water. Looks like she is magic and the rock is floating away from her haha! Oh and you look amazing, as always!
Crystal, you are one hot mama! You look SO great! Hazel looks like a doll in all of her swim suits and hats- I love the hats! Glad that you guys had fun even though the boat was broken! We miss you guys :(
I don't even know where to start! It looks like you guys had a blast and I am insanely jealous that we didn't get to go- again! Although hearing about Satan's bay and the broken boat does make it sound like it wasn't QUITE as awesome as we imagined. You and Hazel both have the cutest swim suits, I love the picture of all the little cousins on the bunk beds, the backside of Hazel on the back of the boat and the post-storm waterfall. Bummer that Taylor couldn't join you, hopefully he had a good time at his Science convention!
I love how you totally puss out in your dive off of the slide. Fantastic.
I'm trying to think of reasons why I shouldn't just move my family to Lake Powell. I'd have to get some more reliable equipment, but man, what a life.
Maybe next year.
What a blast! You look amazing. And hazel looks adorable as always.
Random question- do you guys, and by guys I mean siblings, ever fight when you're together? It always looks like you get a long splendidly so I don't doubt it if you say you don't. I just know the Boston's couldn't do something like this! So much fun. I can't believe how many swimming suits a 2 year old needs! I love it.
Those are fantastic pictures!! Your family seems so great, I want to come and just watch all the fun I bet there is never a dull moment with you guys. I love her piggy tails! So cute!
It seems like there is always some sort of trouble...but that's what makes the trip worth remembering-right?!? It still looked like so much fun-and you and Hazel both have some pretty cute swim wear!
I'm kind of sad that I even looked at this post. Sometimes it's easier to keep Utah at arms length......what are the dates for next years trip?
I actually do remember your trip last year. It's funny/unfortunate that you would have some issues again this year. I'm starting to really believe in this "Frost curse", but then again your family always seems to make the best of it, and you all always look like you're having the time of your life...so maybe it's not so much of a curse after all. :)
Post a Comment